Survivor of Romulus
# 41
05-09-2013, 12:43 PM
Obviously Archer is more important... without him.. there would be no kirk.... and just a fyi... archer has a beagle... end of that arguement.
Captain
# 42
05-09-2013, 12:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalolorn View Post
There's that, and there's the fact that while Kirk was constantly implied to be the most important captain in the history of the Federation, they suddenly went and made somebody even MORE important, flying a ship which predates the first (first starship called Enterprise, anyway) U.S.S. Enterprise, but is still called Enterprise.
Actually, that one can be explained away with a throwaway line from the DS9 episode "Trials and Tribble-ations". When the two guys from Temporal Investigations are interviewing Sisko, and he talks about seeing the Enterprise ahead, one of them asks him, "Which one? There were five starships named Enterprise."

His partner interrupts, "Six."

Quote:
Originally Posted by thay8472
and just a fyi... archer has a beagle... end of that arguement.
Well, Archer had a beagle. Then a young engineer named Montgomery Scott wanted to prove a point about using a transporter from one planet to another...
-------------------------------------------

When I make you breakfast in bed, a simple "thank you" is all I need. Not all this "who are you and how did you get into my house" nonsense.
Captain
# 43
05-09-2013, 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonsills View Post
Actually, that one can be explained away with a throwaway line from the DS9 episode "Trials and Tribble-ations". When the two guys from Temporal Investigations are interviewing Sisko, and he talks about seeing the Enterprise ahead, one of them asks him, "Which one? There were five starships named Enterprise."

His partner interrupts, "Six."

Well, Archer had a beagle. Then a young engineer named Montgomery Scott wanted to prove a point about using a transporter from one planet to another...
I do believe that was referring to the Enterprise-E.

Add the NX-01 to all the pre-Enterprise (by filming, not by chronology) Enterprises, and you get SEVEN.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, lovely, I can't even requote the Douglas Adams quote I used to have here I WANT IT BACK!!!!
Dalo Lorn
DaloLorn, StarCraft 2 Roleplayer and proud of it.
Captain
# 44
05-09-2013, 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalolorn View Post
Was he?
Please fix the Foundry lag!
Captain
# 45
05-09-2013, 04:24 PM
Quote:
Well, the most blatant one I can think of is that they located Qo'noS about five days away from Earth at warp 5. If the Klingon Empire were that close, we'd be a colony world by now.

There are others that struck me at the time, but I can't be bothered to go recall them just now.
I haven't watched much TOS but IIRC The Romulans were not known even by the Vulcans i might have that backwards though. The worst crime was the self indulgent Ferengi episode but things could get lost in the shuffle after 200 years. That and Tellarites have different hands.
Play more STO Foundry! (You can thank me later.)

A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM in the SIRIUS SECTOR
Captain
# 46
05-09-2013, 05:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lincolninspace View Post
I haven't watched much TOS but IIRC The Romulans were not known even by the Vulcans i might have that backwards though.
I'll have to go watch the episode later, but as I recall, Spock was as surprised as anyone when they finally got a visual of the Romulan bridge. I know for sure none of the humans aboard knew anything about it; in fact, the navigator reacted rather poorly, immediately accusing Spock of being untrustworthy. (He was reprimanded by Kirk, repeatedly.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalalorn
I don't think the E had been commissioned yet; if I'm not mistaken, that episode took place before the Big D crashed.
-------------------------------------------

When I make you breakfast in bed, a simple "thank you" is all I need. Not all this "who are you and how did you get into my house" nonsense.

Last edited by jonsills; 05-09-2013 at 05:43 PM.
Captain
# 47
05-09-2013, 07:29 PM
Quote:
I don't think the E had been commissioned yet; if I'm not mistaken, that episode took place before the Big D crashed.
The D crashed in 2371. Both "Trials and Tribblations" and the space battle in "First Contact" took place in 2373. So the DTI agents probably were referring to the E.
Please fix the Foundry lag!
Lt. Commander
# 48
05-09-2013, 11:19 PM
If this campaign does work I hope they get rid of that AWFUL theme music :<

CAPTAIN! I'm picking up a Golden Age Supervillian on long range sensors. She appears to be mooning us U_U"
Career Officer
# 49
05-09-2013, 11:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nepht View Post
what this? xD
Joined STO late 2010. Bought starter pack LoR & LTS 2013.
Proud owner of a Targ pup to a federation character.
T5 Miranda FTW! Hope to see Miranda Class made a T5 ship.
Lieutenant
# 50
05-10-2013, 12:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nepht View Post
But it's been a long road getting from...season 4 to 5. It's been a long time but it's time is finally near.