Commander
# 21
05-06-2013, 04:32 AM
Wanna 1v1 - ask in the sector space for challenge. It usually works. Not always in the way you want to (I was cmdr., asked for cmdr. duel, got VA named "cmdr Shepard"), but it works. Or fly in Ker'rat. Really, it's a lot of fun to snipe Klings left and right.

But then, I'm "low-level forever" and reroll my toons staying on cmdr and cpt levels (RA sometimes, rarely). Dunno if this would work on VA. Or if it will be that much fun.
Career Officer
# 22
05-10-2013, 11:41 AM
OPVP is a cesspool of sarcasm and vulgarity, it is no easier to find a team there then in ESD Zone, there is just as much misinformation there as in Zone, its the same career trolls there all day long, it may as well be a fleet channel. - but enough about OPVP.

I dont always pvp with a fleet, and from some reason I still cant explain, I fair just as well without them as I do with them, in terms of win/loss and personal performance, the main difference is that certain compositions of my fleet will crush random pugs into the ground so badly that it isnt fun at all.

For solo play, you have to think a bit differently, maybe even use different skills, and certainly get some keybinds for team messages like target calling, and maybe even critical skills.

Target pinning is important, I usually pick the target out of the available tac's I want to pin based on : who they are, what fleet they are in, and the ship they fly based on my experience with them. Then I observe my pin target's target - and make sure that my efforts are alligned with theirs. I may even call targets for the other 3 people based on what I see my pin doing, hopefully to get more then 2 on the same agenda.

Checking the scoreboard periodically might indicate a beter pin target to follow, or better targets to call.

When you are pugging, dont be afraid to take command with a target keybind, especially if no one else is doing it. - Just use common sense and be a good caller. Dont slug it out with a recluse for 2:30 minutes straight while their cooldowns come up over and over, know when and why you need to switch targets.
Captain
# 23
05-10-2013, 12:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pulserazor View Post
OPVP is a cesspool of sarcasm and vulgarity, it is no easier to find a team there then in ESD Zone, there is just as much misinformation there as in Zone, its the same career trolls there all day long, it may as well be a fleet channel. - but enough

....and a snip////
1. Did your balls ever drop?

2. Do you sing acapella in a all4one cover band?

3. Mommy protected you from those mean bullies by keeping you in the house didnt she..

4. Fact: tougher skin makes you a better person, being a pansy makes you a pansy.

I swear.

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=3BfRF...%3D3BfRFxThvvQ
Empire Veteran
# 24
05-10-2013, 12:24 PM
Quote:
OPVP is a cesspool of sarcasm and vulgarity...
There's also a negative side.

(Apologies to Hunter S. Thompson)
Joined October 2009. READ BEFORE POSTING
Empire Veteran
# 25
05-10-2013, 12:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sander233 View Post
This or learn to love PUGing.
PuG long enough and you can start to acquire a feel for players you recognize and adapt.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Captain
# 26
05-10-2013, 12:49 PM
Quote:
OPVP is a cesspool of sarcasm and vulgarity, it is no easier to find a team there then in ESD Zone, there is just as much misinformation there as in Zone, its the same career trolls there all day long, it may as well be a fleet channel. - but enough about OPVP.
Sure there's snark and joking, like any channel that's been populated by some of the same geeks for any length of time. But, I've never seen an actual request for help or advice met with anything other than a genuine response. And, funny you should specifically mention finding a team, because recently I've been in a few OPVP pugmades v. pugmades that were so good they made me start to rethink my longstanding avoidance of organized teams.

As to the OP, this is still an MMO, so it's not really like the game should change to cater to solo play, IMO. We can adapt. People with erratic schedules or RL demands like kids or a spouse can't always meet the most critical element of a sustained team, which is a group of guys on the same timezone on a consistent basis. But you hang out, you start a friends list (by giving a good fight, saying gg, chatting somebody up, then adding them), and you pm people from your list when you log in. Pretty soon they'll start to pm you when you log in if they're running a team.
Captain
# 27
05-10-2013, 01:10 PM
The most annoying thing is when you pug and get in the team with people from different pvp fleets (who in theory know what they are doing ) which for some unknown reason have chat allergy when they see premades and dont even try to attack the same target ,stay in rage for heals .Its like a pug mentality to annoy the entire group.

so yea ,if you want a quick (some pun intended) pvp before you go to work and dont have time to make pugmades from opvp 99,9999% chances are you will be there as target practice .Only way to fix this is to make more people play pvp thus reducing the chance to face a premade.