Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Commander
# 21
05-10-2013, 10:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalnar83reborn View Post
I would be careful with words today bobtheyak. Some people woke up today with wrong foot.
Ok I pulled mine out of my mouth long enough to tone down the pop culture references.
K'eg/T'lol/Dude/Yak
Empire Veteran
# 22
05-10-2013, 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalnar83reborn View Post
I would be careful with words today bobtheyak. Some people woke up today with wrong foot.
The drawbacks of living next door to the Frankenstiens...........
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Rihannsu
# 23
05-10-2013, 11:54 AM
Surveys are nice. Hope no one decides to pad results, but like you said, it's not like this is an official cryptic attempt to gauge things in the game from a PVP Perspective. So I look forward to next week and seeing the results.
You think that your beta test was bad?
Think about this:
American Football has been in open beta for 144 years. ~Kotaku
Captain
# 24
05-10-2013, 12:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scurry5 View Post
Alright, as some of you know, I had a little trouble in the OPVP channel concerning what abilities to fit on my ship that weren't OP/Cheesy/whatever the buzzword is. Well, I know that there are plenty of differing opinions out there, and how cheesy something is tends to be on a spectrum.

So, I decided to cast my net a little wider for opinions, and create a quick survey on PvP tactics/ships/consoles, and what people think of them.

The link:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1rvv...ahajA/viewform

It's just a quick set of 25 yes/no/under certain conditions questions, so it shouldn't take that long for you guys to fill it out.

If you have feedback on the survey itself or on tactics that you feel should be on the list, please feel free to share.

However, please bear in mind that this is nothing but an opinion survey, to find out your personal views on each of the listed tactics. I don't want this thread to turn into a flamewar of fleet politics or name-and-shame, so please keep your opinions to the survey. If you do not understand a particular tactic, feel free to leave it blank.

Think of it this way: this survey is simply a way to find out how each tactic is seen by the community. Nothing more. If, let's say 80% say that yes, you will know that about 80% of players you use the tactic on will probably be kinda miffed, and that's all. If you're fine with a particular tactic, go right ahead, I'm not gonna judge or anything.

I look forward to seeing your responses!

Edit: I'll be keeping this open for about a week, so expect the results sometime next Thursday/Friday!

Heh nice, i always wanted to do something like this, but i never really pulled it off

Just filled it in with the most possible objectiveness

Last edited by darkfader1988; 05-10-2013 at 12:18 PM.
Lieutenant
# 25
05-10-2013, 12:19 PM
Ironically, I answered no to just about everything except the boarding parties and the new fleet pets that seem to D/C and leg people more than anything.
24 Hours a day, 365 days a week.
Rihannsu
# 26
05-10-2013, 12:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dummyname View Post
Ironically, I answered no to just about everything except the boarding parties and the new fleet pets that seem to D/C and leg people more than anything.
what exactly is wrong with boarding parties? i was under the assumption that it was a useless power, in both PvE and PvP
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwecaptainsmirk View Post
*reassuringly strokes your hair*
Hush now, you will be back kicking Neelix and killing those nasty Vaadwaur soon enough... hush child.
*pat pat on your head*
epic smirk is epic
Career Officer
# 27
05-10-2013, 12:31 PM
I figure if Cryptic includes it, it is part of the game and should be used to your advantage in PvP, unless it is an obvious exploit, like how doffs were used to make the Jem'Hadar shields nearly invincible.

That being said, I do think Cryptic needs to fix some things. There are a few abilities, like fire at will, that can be really powerful when spammed from multiple ships and there are simply not enough counters for (SS and AMS are the only ones available to both factions and Aceton Assimilators when feds get it).

The biggest problem is pet spam. Certain abilities, like the tractor beams on runabouts, should share cooldowns with the ships tractor beams and only be activated on command. Also, there should be a way to avoid targeting pets or to more easily target the enemy.
Lieutenant
# 28
05-10-2013, 12:33 PM
There is a way to use boarding parties that causes all of your opponents abilities and weapons to be on as high as an 11 minute cooldown. The cooldowns persist after death.
24 Hours a day, 365 days a week.
Captain
# 29
05-10-2013, 03:22 PM
Filled out the survey. I added some items in feedback, but here's a bigger list.

I'd add:

1. Doffs giving out pseudo captain powers.

2. Doffs giving out multiple Boff power cooldown reductions.

3. Jem HEC console/Team consoles in general

4. Elite Fleet shield resists.

5. KDF Elite Weapon shield proc.

6. Pets of any kind really.

7. CritH Rep Bonus

8. Placate Rep Bonus

9. Shield Repair Rep Bonus

10. Cloak Rep Bonus

11. Shield Regen Rep Bonus

12. Embassy Console xtra bonuses

13. Holodeck Human Space Trait

14. Romulan Space Traits

15. Non-Boff Drains

16. Resist levels to Boff Drains

17. TB cooldown activating on activation instead of completion.

18. Resist levels to high end TSSx abilities

19. Orb Web Console/Space Walls (not very effective, but still cheesy)

20. Most lotto ships in general.
[Zone] Dack@****: cowards can't take a fed 1 on 1 crinckley cowards Hahahaha you smell like flowers
Random Quote from Kerrat
"Sumlobus@****: your mums eat Iced Targ Poo"
C&H Fed banter
Captain
# 30
05-10-2013, 05:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dummyname View Post
In general, that's one of the things I wonder about with it - how differently some folks might answer if the various "bugs" were not involved with the different things on the list. Cause in a lot of the complaints about X, Y, or Z...there will be the person pointing out it is because of A, B, or C - the unintended.

"Wheeeee, this is kind of fun. Oopsie...my bad."
Fleet Admiral Geist, Klingon Science Officer
Endless, Hazari Destroyer