Survivor of Romulus
# 81
05-09-2013, 02:55 PM
Can we have something more.. friendly for the next challenge... aka.. no shuttle restriction?

Maybe some mirror universe fun ?
Commander
# 82
05-10-2013, 06:26 AM
This is frustrating, I deleted a whole chunck of my mission to make it comply with it being a shuttle mission and within the time restrictions.
Alot of these entrys are just long ground missions!
Dont get me wrong, some amazing stories and creations here, but I wish people would play careful attention to the rules!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thay8472 View Post
Can we have something more.. friendly for the next challenge... aka.. no shuttle restriction?

Maybe some mirror universe fun ?
I wont be here for the next one, but ill come back with fire on my back in september :p lol
ATTENTION: UNDINE SPACE & TKON GROUND SETS ALL THE WAY DEVS!.. Q-TRIBBLE, MAYBE!?.. EJECT WARP CORE ABILITY LIKE LAYING A SUPER-MINE, HELL YES!!!.. SPACE HIPPIES FROM TOS PLAYING MUSIC IN OUR FLEET STARBASE, NO, JUST, NO... CAIT & RA'KHOLN ADVENTURE ZONE, YES

Survivor of Romulus
# 83
05-10-2013, 08:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickysmith1 View Post
This is frustrating, I deleted a whole chunck of my mission to make it comply with it being a shuttle mission and within the time restrictions.
Alot of these entrys are just long ground missions!
Dont get me wrong, some amazing stories and creations here, but I wish people would play careful attention to the rules!

I wont be here for the next one, but ill come back with fire on my back in september :p lol

As long as X person arrived by shuttle I would say it's fine.
Commander
# 84
05-10-2013, 02:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thay8472 View Post
As long as X person arrived by shuttle I would say it's fine.
But Branflakes said it was OK to have ground so long as it was only a little to progress the story. Not that the shuttle bit be for just the 'Approach system' and 'leave system'.
To be fare, im only complaining about it because I deleted the best part of my entry to make it comply with the rules!

Additional:
OH MY Q!... I read the reviews and some of the suggestions are exactly the things that I did delete! (Fly out of exploding Cells/Tougher Ground Combat/Exploration of Ship wreckage that fills in Story loops).
I forgot to fill in the story 'holes' afterward too!... ah well, so long as people enjoyed it, thats all that matters lol
ATTENTION: UNDINE SPACE & TKON GROUND SETS ALL THE WAY DEVS!.. Q-TRIBBLE, MAYBE!?.. EJECT WARP CORE ABILITY LIKE LAYING A SUPER-MINE, HELL YES!!!.. SPACE HIPPIES FROM TOS PLAYING MUSIC IN OUR FLEET STARBASE, NO, JUST, NO... CAIT & RA'KHOLN ADVENTURE ZONE, YES

Last edited by rickysmith1; 05-11-2013 at 12:56 PM.
Captain
# 85
05-13-2013, 10:19 AM
Hey all,

A Starbase UGC contributor, named Rellimtime, has begun a series of detailed reviews of our missions.
Commander
# 86
05-13-2013, 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirksplat View Post
Hey all,

A Starbase UGC contributor, named Rellimtime, has begun a series of detailed reviews of our missions.
Yeah I read my review, it was very fare and I agree with the faults, just a shame I couldnt get round to fixing them.

Lieutenant
# 87
05-13-2013, 12:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickysmith1 View Post
But Branflakes said it was OK to have ground so long as it was only a little to progress the story. Not that the shuttle bit be for just the 'Approach system' and 'leave system'.
To be fare, im only complaining about it because I deleted the best part of my entry to make it comply with the rules!

Additional:
OH MY Q!... I read the reviews and some of the suggestions are exactly the things that I did delete! (Fly out of exploding Cells/Tougher Ground Combat/Exploration of Ship wreckage that fills in Story loops).
I forgot to fill in the story 'holes' afterward too!... ah well, so long as people enjoyed it, thats all that matters lol
Hum...well, personally I read the rule as the mission has to be done in a shuttle, otherwise the story plot doesn't make sense OR most of the space scenes are too small to maneuver a starship in it.

The situation doesn't meet the rule would be a mission in which a shuttle is not a necessary element. If the player never switch to a shuttle and find the story still go on just fine then there is a problem.

It can just be me though.
Commander
# 88
05-13-2013, 04:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciphertuesday View Post
Hum...well, personally I read the rule as the mission has to be done in a shuttle, otherwise the story plot doesn't make sense OR most of the space scenes are too small to maneuver a starship in it.

The situation doesn't meet the rule would be a mission in which a shuttle is not a necessary element. If the player never switch to a shuttle and find the story still go on just fine then there is a problem.

It can just be me though.
I guess I cant talk, because I shorterned my mission to try and comply with the time rule, I essentially made it a mission you could do with a ship!
oh well
I wont be around for the next one or two Competitions so at least you guys wont have to put up with my whinning

Last edited by rickysmith1; 05-13-2013 at 04:33 PM.
Lieutenant
# 89
05-14-2013, 01:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirksplat View Post
Hey all,

Looks like some nice, detailed reviews he's posting. I look forward to seeing his views on mine, thanks for the link.

Click for more details
Captain
# 90
05-14-2013, 12:05 PM
Anyone know if "Cloaked Loyalties" will be available ? I'm holding my vote because of it.