Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Commander
# 11
05-08-2013, 01:40 PM
Good show. The Last Airbender was pretty funny. That score will be hard to beat.
Commander
# 12
05-08-2013, 01:53 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_Y5yA33XjQ

the only way Final frontier can be berable...

by adding Mike Nelson, Bill Corbet and Keven Murphy.
I send three purple diplomats on a simple gift exchange and they blow it...
I send three white bartenders on a three day wilderness training exercise and the crit it...
Republic Veteran
# 13
05-08-2013, 03:13 PM
ok, as Star Trek Films go, I am not a fan of JJtrek. It is a good film in and of itself, but there are some pretty big problems with the film in my mind.

That said, this assesment of the film is pure nonsense. half that stuff is just complaining about stupid plotlines. Like Why Prime-Spock is piloting the jellyfish instead of what I would assume was a young vulcan (here is a hint. it was his idea so he could save romulus) or my personal favorite "Sin" from the clip, No Orion lapdance. Seriously, you think THAT would have saved the movie.

As oppose to how a cadet (who was on suspension) gets to command a starship over two ensigns. Or my personal favorite. Starfleet cadet in uniform beats the snot out of a civilian, in front of his commanding officer, and still manages to get a spot on the "Flagship".
Commander
# 14
05-08-2013, 03:20 PM
Done for the same reason AVGN or Nostalgia Critic does their videos. For entertainment. Do remember that things said in their videos doesn't mean they really mean it.
Career Officer
# 15
05-08-2013, 04:38 PM
pffft, that list doesn't even cover all the things wrong with the movie.

And yeah, keep using Final Frontier as a countpoint example - that movie stunk too.
Commander
# 16
05-08-2013, 06:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eldarion79 View Post
Naked Uhura in a boa
"Okay, there's a group of armed terrorists over that rise. They don't know we're here, so we have the element of surprise."

"Right, Captain. What's the plan?"

"Here's the plan... First and foremost, Uhura, you need to get naked and stand where they can see you..."

"I... er... huh?"
Captain
# 17
05-08-2013, 07:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gfreeman98 View Post
pffft, that list doesn't even cover all the things wrong with the movie.

And yeah, keep using Final Frontier as a countpoint example - that movie stunk too.
All of the things "wrong" with the movie is no more wrong than what was previously shown in Trek films, the majority of them have plot holes, wtf moments, and basically Trek fans pulling the True Scotmans argument for each film.

Then again I say to the detractors who can write a multi-page review on the new films where they basically analyze the movie down frame to frame, which obivously they must have seen multiple viewings of it within the first month of theatrical release, keep at it, because the movie ticket sales improve with each viewing.
Rihannsu
# 18
05-10-2013, 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psiameese View Post

Heh. Deck 78, anyone?
That's best written off as not being the actual number of decks, and being merely the number of levels in the turbolift shaft. Otherwise it's just silly...
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 19
05-10-2013, 03:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
That's best written off as not being the actual number of decks, and being merely the number of levels in the turbolift shaft. Otherwise it's just silly...
So, there are levels in the turboshaft - that aren't decks on the ship? What, did they sublet the elevator car from Willie Wonka?
-------------------------------------------

"You're as crazy as the people on Twitter!" - Samuel L. Jackson
Career Officer
# 20
05-10-2013, 08:56 PM
After seeing Star Trek Into Darkness last night I only have these words: cat ladies in Kirk's bed. Wow.

That is all.
~My current ship and build~