02-15-2013, 04:52 PM
Grinding in game never looked so good, eh? =3
Survivor of Romulus
# 12
02-15-2013, 05:01 PM
They have offers OTHER than PL???? I've never seen any other than them lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
Commander
# 13
02-16-2013, 04:53 PM
Quote:
Ok so the surveys = disqualified by saying Im white..... (Caucasian)
WHAT? Given that these are directly tied in to PWEs advertising and products they do have a legal responsibility for it. I'd be taking that one up with PWE. They can get in some serious trouble for such advertisement through their sites and for having their products tied into such things. Last time I checked its illegal to discriminate against someone based on their race.

Thats unacceptable. Period. The fact that PWE and by extension Cryptic would allow themselves to be involved with such treatment of their customers is disgusting.
Lieutenant
# 14
02-18-2013, 01:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazarus51166 View Post
WHAT? Given that these are directly tied in to PWEs advertising and products they do have a legal responsibility for it. I'd be taking that one up with PWE. They can get in some serious trouble for such advertisement through their sites and for having their products tied into such things. Last time I checked its illegal to discriminate against someone based on their race.

Thats unacceptable. Period. The fact that PWE and by extension Cryptic would allow themselves to be involved with such treatment of their customers is disgusting.
It could be anything - you have to answer several pre-survey questions and the demographics are super granular.
Captain
# 15
02-18-2013, 02:04 PM
From experience doing these things, believe me they are not worth the effort - but if you do, lie through your teeth, fake up an email and facebook page (Hi I'm Jhonny fakename!) and use a fake telephone number (or get creative ..a friend used a takeaway that took his money and gave him entirely the wrong order and then tried to get him to pay the higher price that the wrong order was..not that I agree with that action)

Above all. make sure your virus check is up to date and all security measures are set high - Simple really, as is to realise just how much info you are giving before being made 'eligible' - too much, don't fill it in as they got the information they really want for free and as soon as you hit enter, they'll drop you

Beyond this, if your sense tells you its a scam, close it - and for heavens sake, do not download anything they offer!
Captain
# 16
02-19-2013, 08:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vsilverwings1 View Post
Always assumed it's a scam or more harm than good in any case. Why would a company give away in game currency in exchange for trivial information?
Its actually not trivial information. Its commonly know in the world of marketing as "data" or "leads". Basically, they are paying you not only for your name address and contact details, but they are also selling the data to 3rd party advertising companies, so they can flood your inbox with spam. Data/leads are a big seller these days. I'm not sure how much you are worth (as a consumer) but i do know that for example, Timeshare leads can sell for ?25 each. So when you get your 36 zen for giving your details, then that is how much you are worth as a lead.

Hope this clears up why you earn zen

Last edited by ironmako; 02-19-2013 at 08:18 AM.
Ensign
# 17 meh
04-04-2013, 12:44 PM
the time and effort for the surveys are comparable to grinding for zen in game. If you get accepted into a survey, they can pay out nicely albeit rare.
I managed to get about 600 zen in the last 2 weeks without spending any money.
Captain
# 18
04-06-2013, 10:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by insideyourmom View Post
the time and effort for the surveys are comparable to grinding for zen in game. If you get accepted into a survey, they can pay out nicely albeit rare.
When I last tried the "Free Zen" content I pulled in over 13000 points, averaging 1500 points per activity. Some of the payouts were in excess of 6000 points - but this was before PWE Zen became the currency of STO (you know, when the C-Store worked in C-Points including the little icon).

The 6000+ payouts came from Credit Cards (all were Discover), but they never panned out.

By the way, great account name; reminds me of the self-serving profanity filter that PWE has running. You can't post the verbatim text of vulgar speech, player names, account names or ship names in a ticket and their GM's go all terrorist private mail bomber to "scare you into complying with PWE's sociopoltical censorship agenda". Fun stuff.
Rihannsu
# 19
04-06-2013, 12:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by c0nd1t10nr3d View Post
I've received quite a bit of Zen in the past by completing surveys and free offers. But only through SponcerPay! Ignore PeanutLabs offers at all costs! Just refresh the "Earn Zen" page until you see the SponcerPay logo!

90% of SponcerPay's surveys etc work and pay out Zen... I've yet to receive any Zen from the ones that PeanutLabs offer and personally think they are scam merchants!
What this guy says. I would suggest opening an E-mail account you have no intention of using for anything else though.
# 20
05-11-2013, 08:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by insideyourmom View Post
I make easely 2k+ zen a week.
1 tip.
Use a spam mail.
Ip changer (I can complete surveys from the UK while my actual IP is located in holland)
made this without any effort:
http://www.eypic.net/images/freezen.png
This goes on for 16 pages long.