Starfleet Veteran
# 11
05-11-2013, 01:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by arcademaster View Post
Her ground model was changed, but the pre-rendered portraits when she chats during the mission still have the old graphics.
Why you making like I didn't know?

I was pointing out it's something for Cryptic to fix.
Lt. Commander
# 12
05-11-2013, 01:50 PM
I'd love to see a screenshot of the new model for comparison. However, it seems to me that its an intended change. Remans aren't exactly known for their beauty, they are modeled after the nosferatu vampires. Would it hurt to finally have a species where the females aren't "hot alien babes" but as scary/revolting as the males?
Captain
# 13
05-11-2013, 01:54 PM
It depends lord7tareq, are you Captain Kirk? =P

I did prefer the old look tbh.
Captain
# 14
05-11-2013, 02:03 PM
Well it is of course a matter of taste, but I prefer the new look. The old look was too human in my view. A nice human face with some Reman attributes. The new look is more in line with Reman aesthetics.
Ensign
# 15
05-11-2013, 02:04 PM
Reman females don't even look like the same species as the males do. Please, for the love of all that is good and holy or bad and evil or whatever, PLEASE bring the females back in line with the look of the males. Pre-open beta, I got a female Reman bridge officer and the first thing I thought was "Dear god, what the heck is this, this HAS to be a bug, it doesn't even look anything LIKE a Reman." It's like if Klingon males looked like they do now, and the females were changed to have smooth foreheads and their ridges moved to the sides of their heads (Yes, I know it's not a comparison that would ever happen, but I'm just trying to make a point here) They wouldn't even look like Klingons. The Reman females don't LOOK Reman, they just look like some sort of completely unrelated weird alien.
Survivor of Romulus
# 16
05-11-2013, 02:16 PM
Okay, I'll grant that the old Veril was more a quick placeholder -- the facial features below the brow were just human and not really fitting for a Reman. So I'm okay with having that changed to a more Reman-appropriate look, though it essentially means giving her a smack with the ugly stick, from a human point of view.

I guess what I'd like to see is the first head option with some expanded spot/makeup/marking choices. It seems to be locked into a rather plain state right now. I'll have to take a look at it in the tailor and see if I can come up with specific examples.
Live long, and prosper.
Captain
# 17
05-11-2013, 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lord7tareq View Post
I'd love to see a screenshot of the new model for comparison. However, it seems to me that its an intended change. Remans aren't exactly known for their beauty, they are modeled after the nosferatu vampires. Would it hurt to finally have a species where the females aren't "hot alien babes" but as scary/revolting as the males?
But that would not be trek like at all

Wait nvm this is STO so when did making the game more trek like matter

STO : The diet coke of trek

for those trekkies going on a non-canon diet
Captain
# 18
05-11-2013, 02:34 PM
It really doesn't matter much to me, as soon as I could I put her in a Reman hood with shades on, it's the closest I could get to putting a bag over her head. I will agree though, I don't see why it was necessary to change the artwork to make her look so freakish.
If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it.
Oh Hell NO to ARC........One Ring to Rule Them all........
Captain
# 19
05-11-2013, 02:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxvitor View Post
It really doesn't matter much to me, as soon as I could I put her in a Reman hood with shades on, it's the closest I could get to putting a bag over her head. I will agree though, I don't see why it was necessary to change the artwork to make her look so freakish.
I just took her off of my bridge crew and away team only time i have to look at ole fish face is during popups or cutscenes even then i wanna puke.
Career Officer
# 20
05-11-2013, 02:38 PM
I like the new look and to be honest i think the female remans look much more like the remans in nemesis then the male ... :/

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__...an_viceroy.jpg -> there skin is much smoother then -> http://hydra-images.cursecdn.com/sto...0px-Obisek.png

and i think the females are much nearer on this look :/