Empire Veteran
# 71
05-11-2013, 07:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitzh View Post
Feds are appearing as hostiles on the minimap. You can imagine my disappointment when I couldn't blast them.
NOOOO! I was hoping that was a perk. Had heard about it and was looking forward to it.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Ensign
# 72
05-11-2013, 11:14 PM
Was in Installation 18 and doors would not open, but my bridge officers began to attack enemies behind closed door.
Career Officer
# 73
05-12-2013, 10:45 AM
Noticed something with some of the bosses, Orion Overseer (I think) was one, forget the names of the rest. After defeating them, they immediatley respawned and I had to defeat them a second time, after which they stayed down. With one exception I was the only player in the area, once there was a second captain nearby. Not sure if I retriggered something or not.
Rihannsu
# 74 my experince in the tests
05-12-2013, 07:10 PM
play a few more hours today I found no bugs the missions worked great I am excited and cannot wait to play on the 21st and use my legacy pack and try out ll the ships great job on this you people are awesome lifetime member and glad I did I am hooked thanks again for the great job look forward to testing new chapters as you make them

okay one glitch I keep changing my avatar to read career officer but it defaults to ensign other than that no issues at all
Rihannsu
# 75
05-13-2013, 12:58 AM
For Blind men tell all tales. there is a doff replicator mission. you can access it via the doff window under personal, but it might be handy to have the panel open by actually interacting with the replicator. might make it clearer.

also in general there is no music being played inside paradise city. I'm not sure if that is intentional, but some music might help.

edit - also i know people have talked about land vehicles before. i you ever make them nimbus seems a perfect location for them.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Lieutenant
# 76
05-13-2013, 02:32 AM
Hi,

What an ark, these missions took Ages to complete? There was a feeling through the entire ark that i was still doing the first mission, Yet i completed the whole ark?. I understand the open map idea but so much happened yet all the time Mission after mission Blended to feel like one Mission?.

When i had a break from Sto and came back i saw that nearly all of the Nimbus ark was completed?. There needs to be a break in that Ark between Missions, or some prompt to go back to Paradise City before the next mission, Otherwise it all just blurred to frustration to when is this mission going to end?.

Really if theres going to be an open Map here there needs to be set up in a way that other players do not complete anothers Tasks (EG. Gorn Canyon, i had 3 other players doing that part and they killed the gorn for me, Giving me all the satellite codes and no Work?).
Rihannsu
# 77
05-13-2013, 04:43 AM
I think the instance cap needs to be kept very low on this planet. you dont want 75 people running around on one map, or it will be a nightmare to try and complete the random events, or to locate enough baddies to shoot if everyone else is getting there first.

i dont know what the cap is but i would keep it around 20-25 tops.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Rihannsu
# 78
05-13-2013, 11:55 AM
A few notes on these missions.

First, what we finally help Tovan find his sister and one conversation is all we get? That's it? Honestly, the rest of the story arc about people being kidnapped was a bit to large to motivate me. The saying about one death being a tragedy, a thousand being a statistic is true in stories. For instance, the arc with B'vat on the fed missions are some of the best story wise I think, not because I'm really interested in saving all these people, that my job as a starfleet officer. I like it because at the end, I get to stick a phaser in B'vat's face and tell him to eat it as I fire. Its personal and meaningful. Same with the new ending to Cutting the cord, you nailed that one.

Personally, if I had done this, I would have put off rescuing Tovan's sister until the very end at the last space battle, where somehow we learn she's on one of the ships and we have to disobay orders to save her. Or better yet, have the choice, we can save her, or stick to our orders and blow up the ship she's on and then Tovan leaves the crew. But that's probably too much to add in right now, more's the pity. Without the personal angle the rest of the missions with the aliens kinda fall flat.

But could you at least have something more between Tovan and his sister added?

Second, all the random missions, I guess they are more or less random? I couldn't figure out a trigger or anything. It might be nice to have a hint from one of the NPCs that these missions are out there and need to be found. I did notice that the Romulan one at the "satalite" station was hard to complete, since the romulans first spawn up on that ledge. When I had it, there was one coward of a scientist that hid where I couldn't fire at him, and I had to climb up the sides of the tower to that small ledge to get an angle on him. This happened on both sides.

Third, I guess this is a lower level zone only which is why we only get mark V and VI drops?

Fourth, fan dance, nice one.
Joined September 2011
Nouveau riche LTS member
Ensign
# 79
05-13-2013, 01:55 PM
Some of the problems I encountered in the game is that some of the bridge officers on the ground missions seems to get stuck somewhere in the map because of some of the maze like layouts created for those missions that somehow disrupt the walking path that they follow because of the tight cornering or they just simply phase into a wall where for them to catch up is nearly impossible unless you place yourself somewhere near them to phase out of said wall. Another thing I should point out is that when you as a character log off somewhere and then log back in, you are actually spawning under the floor of where you left off. When I was at the nightclub part of the mission (I forget what it was called but I can think of the arena and the task orion slaver outside), I would start the mission outside of the entrance to the den, go inside, and then save and quit the game. When I returned to the game however, I was outside and under the ground, unable to get out. I then had to teleport back to the city, run through the scorpion infested desert, fight the gorns/pirates/orions to get back into the courtyard and then into the stronghold where I had to again fight the task slaver (again) just to go into the club.

I think a good tool to implement into the game/mission that someone said earlier is to teleport your bridge officers to you (they can be dead and not be teleported so it doesn't seem like cheating to fast travel to a downed ally to revive. Just simply teleport the living ones when there is no combat at all).

Dialog in the story arcs people already covered so I don't have to go into detail.

Positive things I like to remark is the new HUD design, the graphics, the new story arc (though seemed short), and pretty much the new enemy species (that I have not heard of until the story arc... someone commented on this earlier so I don't have to go into detail). Someone mentioned the engine rewards being for Romulans that seem like a good reward if only a fed/kdf can actually use them as well so I think a change for that should be made. In all, I like the new game that you just re-designed and I hope I can get money to actually buy the add-on (even though I am a lifetime member in which I don't know why I should even pay for it...), you get the idea. Mixed reviews, yada yada yada, end of post.

Last edited by shadeko111; 05-13-2013 at 02:04 PM.
Ensign
Ok .... so the male dancer has about a bizillon hit points. Some times he doesn't even seem to register damage.