Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,041
# 2131
05-10-2013, 08:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyan01 View Post
I rarely bother with HOSE. The Dev who thought that stupid Zerg-rush was a good idea should be forced to play it hourly for two days.

It is almost always a fail - you get past the initial cube group, along come the unimatrix ships and it all goes to hell. You focus on the unimatrix ships, the probes or spheres blindside you. You focus on the probes and spheres, the unimatrix ships blindside you.

As I said, nine times out of ten the mission ends with players quitting out of sheer frustration. I don't care what anyone says - it's a VERY poorly thought out mission.
on the contrary. I believe much thought went into it. I think the devs were really thinking how they could make it hard, without pointing at the obvious design flaws, that most enemy ships have one or two OP powers (they are still way too easy to defeat, dont get me wrong). when they realized that the AI cant be made stronger to give a harder challange, they just gave up, and put thos OP powered ships, that are alone easily defeatable into huge groups (even then they are just only an annoyance because of their given on or two OP powers that cannot be countered many times), and giving a boss that has all of those powers all in one.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
10k DPS Vesta threads: 1; 2
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 56
# 2132
05-10-2013, 11:07 AM
Must be idiot day today, or I'm just having an extremely unlucky day.
Start off with CSN, to get the day started, warp in, and first thing I see? Every single ship has 5+ "Injuries".
Did Infected Elite, rounded up some people who supposedly knew what they were doing. Two had a list of injuries, and they all had a skittle/rainbow setup

Did about 4 more random Elite runs, with basically the same results, wasted time, and a bit of a headache.
Think I'm going to take the weekend off from STF's until the idiots return to school
Republic Veteran
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 35
# 2133
05-10-2013, 11:51 AM
More annoying than nightmarish. The Conduit: regular, with five science ships. "Ok" I thought, "So we're not going to see a whole lot of burst damage, but what can go wrong?"

Nothing died. Beams zapping everywhere, sound and fury signifying nothing. It was like we were throwing shoes at the Borg. Five scientists should equal five grav wells, five rifts and five sets of buffs, debuffs and heals but mine were the only ones. The other four players appeared to do nothing but fly in circles mashing the Fire All button. We completed eventually but it took over half an hour to plink them down.
Captain
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,180
# 2134
05-10-2013, 02:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowarcana View Post
More annoying than nightmarish. The Conduit: regular, with five science ships. "Ok" I thought, "So we're not going to see a whole lot of burst damage, but what can go wrong?"

Nothing died. Beams zapping everywhere, sound and fury signifying nothing. It was like we were throwing shoes at the Borg. Five scientists should equal five grav wells, five rifts and five sets of buffs, debuffs and heals but mine were the only ones. The other four players appeared to do nothing but fly in circles mashing the Fire All button. We completed eventually but it took over half an hour to plink them down.
*Groans*

I'll admit, as a player with Tac/Eng leanings, I'm a bit of a Fire-All masher, but please, tell me you're joking - that's all they did?

No High Yield Torps or Spreads? No dropping mines? Venting Warp Plasma?

Nothing but Fire-All?
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,068
# 2135
05-10-2013, 02:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferdzso0 View Post
on the contrary. I believe much thought went into it. I think the devs were really thinking how they could make it hard, without pointing at the obvious design flaws, that most enemy ships have one or two OP powers (they are still way too easy to defeat, dont get me wrong). when they realized that the AI cant be made stronger to give a harder challange, they just gave up, and put thos OP powered ships, that are alone easily defeatable into huge groups (even then they are just only an annoyance because of their given on or two OP powers that cannot be countered many times), and giving a boss that has all of those powers all in one.
Respectfully disagree - have just bailed on an instance of HOSE where we lasted literally five minutes. Litterally. Admittedly a fail team, but seriously, the Borg had killed the entire team within two minutes & did the same again twice before players started to quit. After
five mins.
Sorry - you may find it too easy but evidence suggests that your average player finds it too hard. And I think it sucks to high heaven.

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,408
# 2136
05-10-2013, 03:03 PM
I love hose and it takes strategy to win it. But it is still too easy for any boat with over 5k dps and some heals.

One thing I know for sure though... Some people don't know what their captain abilities can do, and they have no idea about timing. I've seen people using sub nuke beam on a transformer for instance (what the heck for), or alpha strike on a probe (again what the heck for). People can't be blamed though, this is something that takes long hours of practice to master, how to use abilities at the right time for the most bang.
I want an official persistent officer title.
**~Reality under scrutiny~**
@haudace
UFP Fleet: Operation Omega Task Force | KDF Fleet: KHG Klingon Honor Guard
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 158
# 2137
05-11-2013, 02:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferdzso0 View Post
on the contrary. I believe much thought went into it. I think the devs were really thinking how they could make it hard, without pointing at the obvious design flaws, that most enemy ships have one or two OP powers (they are still way too easy to defeat, dont get me wrong). when they realized that the AI cant be made stronger to give a harder challange, they just gave up, and put thos OP powered ships, that are alone easily defeatable into huge groups (even then they are just only an annoyance because of their given on or two OP powers that cannot be countered many times), and giving a boss that has all of those powers all in one.
Well, having 3 or 4 team mates above 5 k - how many have you had in the last month? I can count mine on the finger of my right hand....and I'll still have a finger or two left to poke the eyes of a "I know it all" person, that I meet too often for my liking
Seriously - me and 4 fleet mates - I'm in, but puging HOSE is out of the question, because I know I'll be facing 4 cubes by myself at a time and the rest of the team will be goofing around and dying.
And that's the reason why we (well, you got me into parsing my logs) aim to make our ships stronger - to compensate for the incompetent...but it surely has its limits. ISE, KASE, CSE - they can be carried - HOSE can't, because it needs at least two people to carry (c.a. 10k DPS and above). And that's IMO the reason why there are so many failed instances.


WHINE: STO is down, so is Neverwinter. Doh...
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,041
# 2138
05-11-2013, 03:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by satanailofhwbg View Post
Well, having 3 or 4 team mates above 5 k - how many have you had in the last month? I can count mine on the finger of my right hand....and I'll still have a finger or two left to poke the eyes of a "I know it all" person, that I meet too often for my liking
Seriously - me and 4 fleet mates - I'm in, but puging HOSE is out of the question, because I know I'll be facing 4 cubes by myself at a time and the rest of the team will be goofing around and dying.
And that's the reason why we (well, you got me into parsing my logs) aim to make our ships stronger - to compensate for the incompetent...but it surely has its limits. ISE, KASE, CSE - they can be carried - HOSE can't, because it needs at least two people to carry (c.a. 10k DPS and above). And that's IMO the reason why there are so many failed instances.
I understand why people are saying it is hard, but I dont find it a valid reason. HOSE was obviously put in the game for those who whine how easy STFs are, so those who have trouble with killing probes (most pugs), should not really complain about a hard stf being hard. on that note, it is not hard for those, who thought STFs were easy to start with, only requires a bit more critical thinking, and maybe takes a bit more time.

and the fact that many people say that with a group of 5k dps people you can easily beat HOSE, kind of outlines my point. 5k is the low end of the spectrum, lol. I easily double that in a non-dps class, with a non-dps ship, and I am not even a good player. so basically this kinda proves, how easy HOSE is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by satanailofhwbg View Post
WHINE: STO is down, so is Neverwinter. Doh...
so is everything else tho I am not doin much til LoR, so I dont mind
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
10k DPS Vesta threads: 1; 2
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,408
# 2139
05-12-2013, 12:10 AM
I don't know, I don't even consider hose hard. When you first see it, it's intimidating with all those tac cubes, but after a couple of runs you get used to it. I pugged it the other night and we beat it with teammates having at least 10 injuries lol. Took about 30min (maybe even closer to an hour), missed every optional lol. People just need to learn not to engage every tac cubes on their own.


Now into the hive (ground) is another story. It requires some good situational awareness, especially in the queen's room, or you're dead the moment you step in there. It too can be easily beat but it feels like you need to invest more thinking/effort, more so than any other STF mission.
I want an official persistent officer title.
**~Reality under scrutiny~**
@haudace
UFP Fleet: Operation Omega Task Force | KDF Fleet: KHG Klingon Honor Guard
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 247
# 2140 Bad team. Baaaddddd.
05-12-2013, 09:00 AM
I'm just going to post this one because I'm bored. Its nothing out of the ordinary.

There I was....

CSN pug.

Said 'HI' as usual.

No responce, imagine that....

I flew right and started on the cube, killed the two BOPSs.

Two people died.

Three of the other four had damages.

Killed 4 of the nodes, looked back and the Kang was surrounded.

Two people at the center cube.

Flew to the Kang and rescued it and sent a heal.

Asked if anyone had done a CSN before, no answer.

Flew back and killed my cube.

Flew past cube two and killed the spawn.

I now saw that all 4 ships were pounding on the nodes, two nodes were dead, three ships had Rainbow/Technicolor beams, one had Skittles plus Rainbow/Technicolor beams.

I flew on to cube three and killed some spawn.

Saw two people die again.

Started on the nodes and finished them off quick.

Killed some more spawn.

Killed cube three.

Flew back to cube two and killed the remaining node and the cube.

All four of the other ships were following a raptor back to the Kang.

Saw someone die.

I hailed the Kang and went back to kill the Raptor for them.

I checked their accolade, all under 2000.

I asked again if anyone had done a CSN before, No responce again.

Killed the carrier and grabbed my loot.

Said, 'No GGs here, bad team, baaaddddd....'

No responce....
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:06 AM.