Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Galactic News Network
Login

Closed Thread

Lieutenant
# 11
05-12-2013, 01:00 AM
Obviously, this maintenance is due to the fact that the game has the wrong font.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
|User:| Sarek2165 |Join Date:| Feb. 2010

Akarian@Sarek2165
Career Officer
# 12
05-12-2013, 01:09 AM
Time to buy some new networking hardware and maybe a full new server system. I'm sure with LOR on the way - there will be a load of people coming back to play along with a stream of new users!! No one wants a crash/burn on 21st.. I have taken a few days off just to play XD people@ work think im going on a holiday XD haha
In game: @vividh
Captain
# 13
05-12-2013, 01:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
The goal of this maintenance is for additional network performance optimizations to help avoid the outages we saw today.
I just wonder how long it will take you guys to consider that the "just one more tweak and everything will be fine" approach does not cut it anymore (not for us , but for you) ?

How long until the issues of both your internal and your local infrastructures are examined and some hard choices are made ?

After all , if the conclusion will be that either your local or your internal infrastructures can not support 3 MMO's , acting on that info and locating/exporting/testing an external spot for one of your MMO's takes time .
And time is something you do not have .
"We're not mad at Angry Birds, and we're not trying to defend the universe from Angry Birds. Although you might want to consider defending yourself from Angry Birds. If you aren't paying for the app, you aren't a customer, you're the product ."

- former CIA, NSA chief Michael Hayden -- your guide to F2P ...

Last edited by aelfwin1; 05-12-2013 at 01:17 AM.
Career Officer
# 14
05-12-2013, 01:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aelfwin1 View Post
I just wonder how long it will take you guys to consider that the "just one more tweak and everything will be fine" approach does not cut it anymore (not for us , but for you) ?

How long until the issues of both your internal and your local infrastructures are examined and some hard choices are made ?

After all , if the conclusion will be that either your local or your internal infrastructures can not support 3 MMO's , acting on that info and locating/exporting/testing an external spot for one of your MMO's takes time .
And time is something you do not have .
Well said and defenetly +1.

No company wants to spend money, theyll try to do what they can at minimal costs in order to keep running. Would they admit that.. no of course not. Id honestly rather them just fork out the cash now get STO its own based server.. but I mean thats in a world that makes sense
Like my Fan Page Here
xXLocutusXx
Empire Veteran
# 15
05-12-2013, 01:30 AM
Looks like I will be missing tour then
Commander
# 16
05-12-2013, 01:41 AM
Quote:
Hi Captains,

We will be bringing down all Cryptic games and services tomorrow, Sunday, May 12th, for network maintenance. We are planning to conduct this maintenance at 6AM PDT (click here to view in your timezone) and expect it to last for only 1.5 hours. The test server will also be unavailable during this time.

The goal of this maintenance is for additional network performance optimizations to help avoid the outages we saw today.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

- The Star Trek Online Team
Good to see a heads up, Thanks
Commander
# 17
05-12-2013, 01:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynik View Post
Forget all this optimization hooplah. Just remodulate the server phase polarity to emit 47.1 tachyons.
We don't want people from the future raiding the server rooms now do we?

Starfleet M.A.C.O. KDF Honour Guard
Career Officer
# 18
05-12-2013, 01:51 AM
Will this also address the character copy option to Tribble?
So, I just push the buttons and things blow up? Fascinating...
Ensign
# 19
05-12-2013, 01:56 AM
Quote:
Hi Captains,

We will be bringing down all Cryptic games and services tomorrow, Sunday, May 12th, for network maintenance. We are planning to conduct this maintenance at 6AM PDT (click here to view in your timezone) and expect it to last for only 1.5 hours. The test server will also be unavailable during this time.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

- The Star Trek Online Team
Tha date in the launcher is may 13, can u correct that?
Republic Veteran
# 20
05-12-2013, 02:09 AM
Glad Cryptic is taking this seriously, I still maintain that Neverwinter needs dedicated servers that don't share any bandwidth with STO, especially with NW in beta and Legacy of Romulus about to launch. Hopefully this maintenance will improve things to the point of playability until the games can be properly hosted independently.
Closed Thread