Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Galactic News Network
Login

Closed Thread

Captain
# 21
05-12-2013, 02:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by msk5 View Post
Glad Cryptic is taking this seriously, I still maintain that Neverwinter needs dedicated servers that don't share any bandwidth with STO, especially with NW in beta and Legacy of Romulus about to launch. Hopefully this maintenance will improve things to the point of playability until the games can be properly hosted independently.
I agree 100%, and it is what I have been saying all along. If you want to get rid of these server crashes, and best way is to get Neverwinter onto its own servers.

I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III

Click here to view my DeviantArt.
Captain
# 22
05-12-2013, 02:26 AM
RAGE... RAGE....

Demanding compensation for lost gametime wich I havn't payed for.

MORE RAGE

Insulting server tech

RAGE

Threats about law-suit and Quitting

Rage.

(Looking forward to new servers )
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports - I don't like Gekos
Career Officer
# 23
05-12-2013, 02:26 AM
errrmmm......the website and launcher say May 13th?? lol

* The loadout wheel of fortune - Round and round it goes, what it'll remove, nobody knows! *
Captain
# 24
05-12-2013, 02:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyxadrill View Post
errrmmm......the website and launcher say May 13th?? lol
Temporal displacement.. Ignore it... Temporal agents will fix it yestoday.
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports - I don't like Gekos
Career Officer
# 25
05-12-2013, 02:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
Temporal displacement.. Ignore it... Temporal agents will fix it yestoday.
LOL

Austin Powers on Time travel : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8w95xIdH4o

* The loadout wheel of fortune - Round and round it goes, what it'll remove, nobody knows! *
Ensign
# 26
05-12-2013, 03:02 AM
Cryptic, you know you won't please everyone because you do not control time and space. I'm sure if you did you'd pause time fix the server and then unpause time. But for now we have to put up with GMT +/- . 6am is good for Pacific as everyone is still asleep, but its not for the otherside of the world. You just do what you got to do, the rants and raves are something to read while your fixing it and sometimes there is some funny posts in the topics.

Doing a good job, better to fix it now than when it goes live!
Captain
# 27
05-12-2013, 03:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Hi Captains,

We will be bringing down all Cryptic games and services tomorrow, Sunday, May 12th, for network maintenance. We are planning to conduct this maintenance at 6AM PDT (click here to view in your timezone) and expect it to last for only 1.5 hours. The test server will also be unavailable during this time.

The goal of this maintenance is for additional network performance optimizations to help avoid the outages we saw today.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

- The Star Trek Online Team
Brandon The launcher (as others have picked up on) gives the date as tomorrow (13th)
Live long and Prosper
Empire Veteran
# 28
05-12-2013, 03:09 AM
Thanks for the heads up, if the three games aren't on separate servers they need to be, though I think it's the network that's the problem, it just can't cope with the increased load. Elastic banding and lag is pretty bad in STO. I've never seen another MMO like it fortunately. Unfortunately this is the MMO I play now though I have been looking at alternatives and will be trying others on May 21st as LoR is going to be like season 4/FTP release, huge queues just to get on and the lag now is going to be nothing compared to LoR release. I just hope Cryptic proves me wrong and improves what needs to be improve so the launch runs smoothly.

I hope this maintenance will at least improve things in STO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
Cryptic is sloppy. Breaking News at 11. This is what happens when there is no outline or plan and you just make up **** as you go along.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder75 View Post
We can tell our great grandchildren, "In my day, our cloaks were so sensitive that even dialogue broke them and we couldn't change our clothes!"
Captain
# 29
05-12-2013, 03:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by afree100 View Post
We don't want people from the future raiding the server rooms now do we?
They would consider it primitive since they all have separate servers in the future rather than one server for three games
NO TO ARC
Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
Survivor of Romulus
# 30
05-12-2013, 03:45 AM
hmm bradon did you have 1 to meny to drink last night as the date seems to be wrong
Welcome to bugs online were we only fix the bugs you like, and will ignore the ones you hate.
These are the voyages of the USS Farmville. Her 5 year mission is to boldly farm where no one has farmed before.
Say No to ARK
Closed Thread