Survivor of Remus
# 1 Tovan won't shut up!
05-12-2013, 06:30 AM
I decided to replay a few of the missions with an away team that does NOT include Tovan and on multiple occasions Tovan's voice over plays while one of my other away team members appears to be talking.

This is particularly annoying when I have female away team members who turn toward my toon and suddenly Tovan's lame voice comes out. (This happened several times during the mission where you disable and board the Cardassian freighters.)

Please, why are we being forced to hear from Tovan? Let's just rename this whole expansion "Legacy of Tovan" ... because every opportunity I have to immerse myself in role play as a Romulan or Reman this Tovan jerk keeps getting in the way.

At the very least, if the devs are going to force us to listen to Tovan then make a comm window pop up if he needs to speak if the player has removed Tovan from the away team. There's NO justifiable reason to magically transform another BOff into Tovan during the middle of a mission.
In the immortal words of Captain Sisko: "It may not be what you believe, but that doesn't make it wrong."
Survivor of Romulus
# 2
05-12-2013, 06:32 AM
Yes he is annoying and the removal of him from ships may become the most sought after option EVER
Captain
# 3
05-12-2013, 06:36 AM
Part of the Romulan Story line involves Toven finding his sister, until you reach that event I don't expect him to be easy to be rid of.
If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it.
Oh Hell NO to ARC........One Ring to Rule Them all........
Survivor of Remus
# 4
05-12-2013, 06:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
Yes he is annoying and the removal of him from ships may become the most sought after option EVER
I'm starting to think it's all part of a sadistic plot that the devs have been working on for quite a while:

"We proudly introduce this awesome new BOff, Tovan! You have no control over him, he hijacks the Romulan story so that's he's actually more important to Legacy of Romulus than YOU are as the player, and even if you remove him from away teams we'll just transform other BOffs into Tovan whenever we feel like it. Oh, and if you don't like Tovan we're going to offer a special C-Store token that allows you to remove Tovan from the game ... for the bargain price of 50,000 Zen!"

In the immortal words of Captain Sisko: "It may not be what you believe, but that doesn't make it wrong."
Captain
# 5
05-12-2013, 06:41 AM
I dont mind him, but I would like to get a blue lightsaber sword or at least a lirpe on him..and kind of dye his hair blonde.

And give Rinna a white robe.
Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
Survivor of Romulus
# 6
05-12-2013, 06:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pweistheworst View Post
I'm starting to think it's all part of a sadistic plot that the devs have been working on for quite a while:

"We proudly introduce this awesome new BOff, Tovan! You have no control over him, he hijacks the Romulan story so that's he's actually more important to Legacy of Romulus than YOU are as the player, and even if you remove him from away teams we'll just transform other BOffs into Tovan whenever we feel like it. Oh, and if you don't like Tovan we're going to offer a special C-Store token that allows you to remove Tovan from the game ... for the bargain price of 50,000 Zen!"

Sold
and if they include an option to remain faction free they can sell that as well
Career Officer
# 7
05-12-2013, 06:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pweistheworst View Post
Oh, and if you don't like Tovan we're going to offer a special C-Store token that allows you to remove Tovan from the game ... for the bargain price of 50,000 Zen!"
I would laugh my butt off if they would really do that, just to annoy people like you. If you don't like the Romulan storyline play through it once and then don't repeat it. That's your choice. Almost none of my Federation characters has played Divide et Impera. You know what a role Tovan plays during the campaign, you can play Foundry missions, do fleet actions, sector patrols etc. instead...
FKA K-Tar, grumpy Klingon/El-Aurian hybrid. Now assimilated by PWE.
Sometimes, if you want to bury the hatchet with a Klingon, it has to be in his skull. - Captain K'Tar of the USS Danu about J'mpok.
Career Officer
# 8
05-12-2013, 06:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by assimilatedktar View Post
I would laugh my butt off if they would really do that, just to annoy people like you. If you don't like the Romulan storyline play through it once and then don't repeat it. That's your choice. Almost none of my Federation characters has played Divide et Impera. You know what a role Tovan plays during the campaign, you can play Foundry missions, do fleet actions, sector patrols etc. instead...
Or you could simply turn the volume on the voices off like I did and Presto! no more annoying Tovan voice.
Survivor of Romulus
# 9
05-12-2013, 06:58 AM
Wait til I get my Reman character He will have toven scrubbing the head

actually it would be better if He came in Reman and Romulan versions (imagine you are a Reman do you really want a Romulan as your first officer??)

Technically Satra is first officer on my test ship mainly because of all of them she is the only one I am considering keeping on in the final cut
Career Officer
# 10
05-12-2013, 07:13 AM
Personally I save my skill points and delete all the Boffs I'm forced to take as soon as I can, then I strip Tovan naked and watch my Gorn Boffs chase him around until they catch him and make Tovan kabobs out of him.