Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > The Art of Star Trek Online
Login

Career Officer
My idea is to take the current "damage" system for ships, and apply that to captains and bridge officers. In other words, as their health drops (75%, 50%, 25%), their appearance changes. It would go something like this:
  • 100% - normal appearance
  • 75% - Face, hair, exposed skin shows dirt, grime
  • 50% - More damage to face, skin. Clothing shows damage (stains, dirt, tears).
  • 25% - Most damage to face, more damage to uniform. Body armor, MACO/KHG/Omega costumes show damage.

I have a feeling this would require much time and effort to implement, so I don't really expect to see this happen. Just thought it would be cool to see.
Saving the universe ... one game at a time.
Career Officer
# 2
05-12-2013, 07:50 AM
Like Doom Guy? I like it. Though I might want to walk around looking beat up all the time, too (I know there's a lot of demand for Kirk's ripped shirt).
Survivor of Remus
# 3
05-12-2013, 10:16 AM
So Medical Tricorders can repair clothes now? Visual Damage never works well in MMOs because its crude and unfitting. Right now im sadifyed with the 3 Death Effects, Dead (Energyweapons DO NOT cause visible damage to anything unless on a high/crude setting), Vaporized, and Thaloron Blasted.

Damage transitions is a very hard to implement thing and it usualy gets more Negative then positive feedback. But I wouldn't mind more death animations, Being Slashed by a sword would Cause more damage then just death.