Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Fleetyards
Login

Republic Veteran
I know I would really like one, seeing the sci ship the Romulans got, its much more damage potential than any other ship except the Multi Mission ships.

I'm kinda sad with the KDF, they do have some cool unique ships and offer some of the best consoles in the game, but most of their ships pale in comparison to the UFP and RR ships.
Survivor of Romulus
# 2
05-11-2013, 10:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lianthelia View Post
I know I would really like one, seeing the sci ship the Romulans got, its much more damage potential than any other ship except the Multi Mission ships.

I'm kinda sad with the KDF, they do have some cool unique ships and offer some of the best consoles in the game, but most of their ships pale in comparison to the UFP and RR ships.
Yeah, that's because our last ships were designed in the 22 century or at the begining of 2012 in Cryptic time if you prefer.
Show your support for the Revamped Galaxy Class Exploration Cruiser here!
Empire Veteran
# 3
05-11-2013, 04:18 PM
I'd love to see a line similar but obviously different to the Vesta line for the KDF. I don't buy ship bundles but if they did it that it was worth it I would fork out the Zen to buy it. Something I really want. The Kar'Fi is awesome but isn't a true science ship unfortunately.
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
Cryptic is sloppy. Breaking News at 11. This is what happens when there is no outline or plan and you just make up **** as you go along.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder75 View Post
We can tell our great grandchildren, "In my day, our cloaks were so sensitive that even dialogue broke them and we couldn't change our clothes!"
Captain
# 4
05-11-2013, 04:37 PM
There's also the Vo'quv, which has 6 science BOFF stations, two lieutenant commander slots, and can spit out pets besides. Or a BoP set with commander sci, ltcmdr tac, lt eng, lt sci, which can do all the science stuff with vastly superior mobility (for those forward-arc powers) and carry enough firepower to exploit those powers on its own.

My Fed sci is jealous of my KDF sci.
Captain
# 5
05-11-2013, 06:13 PM
If a KDF player wants anything along the lines of what the Feds have when it comes to science ships, they generally have to fly BoPs to do it. Problem is, BoPs have shields that are a full .4 or .5 shield mod below what the Fed science ships have. Trying to shield-tank in a BoP is nothing like trying to shield-tank in a science ship, it's a hell of a lot harder. BoPs essentially make for a 'poor man's science ship'. They can do the job, but not quite as well as a true science ship.

All the other KDF 'science ships' are clunky, slow space whales. That alone makes it harder for them to use certain science abilities, the ones that require you to be pointing at someone to use.
Captain
# 6
05-11-2013, 07:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reginamala78 View Post
There's also the Vo'quv, which has 6 science BOFF stations, two lieutenant commander slots, and can spit out pets besides. Or a BoP set with commander sci, ltcmdr tac, lt eng, lt sci, which can do all the science stuff with vastly superior mobility (for those forward-arc powers) and carry enough firepower to exploit those powers on its own.

My Fed sci is jealous of my KDF sci.
The Vo'Quv is certainly capable of the heavy Science role, but the terrible turn rate is a serious issue. Lots of sci abilities are forward arc focused. The Vo'Quv has the stations and consoles to do it, and the staying power to always be in the middle of a fight, but with a shifting fight, it's very limited in what sci abilities it can apply. This counts also to any of the other full-fledged carriers the KDF can use, lockbox ships or not.

Then you have the Hybrids, namely the Fleet Kamerang and Fleet Corsair. The Kamerang is an interesting balance, but gives up more sci for TAC capability, as well as only having 3 SCI consoles. The Corsair should be quite capable in a sturdy sci ship role. On paper, it looks quite suited for that job, on top of having a single hangar bay.

The Fleet Veranus is pure science. The ENG & TAC stations are minimal, but it's the best, all-in on science ship that the KDF has.

A sci ship along the lines of the Nova would be a very interesting addition.
Captain
# 7
05-12-2013, 06:24 AM
What about the Korath?

It can mount cannons, has a flexible Boff setup, better Hull, Shield Modifier and Turn Rate than the Vesta, plus it has a somewhat useful console.
Republic Veteran
# 8
05-12-2013, 10:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fraghul2000 View Post
What about the Korath?

It can mount cannons, has a flexible Boff setup, better Hull, Shield Modifier and Turn Rate than the Vesta, plus it has a somewhat useful console.
Its a alright ship, just I'm not really a huge fan of its look...I like the Krenn better than the Korath...the wings just make it feel so alien and doesn't really feel very Klingon.

I'm glad the KDF is getting more content and all, but I was hoping maybe we would get a couple more ships...or at least something besides a few BoPs.
Survivor of Romulus
# 9
05-12-2013, 10:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lianthelia View Post
Its a alright ship, just I'm not really a huge fan of its look...I like the Krenn better than the Korath...the wings just make it feel so alien and doesn't really feel very Klingon.
Correct me if I'm wrong and I know that it's the expensive way to go for it, but I believe that it is possible to use the Krenn skin on the Korath sci. ship.
If you own both. That's the expensive part.
Show your support for the Revamped Galaxy Class Exploration Cruiser here!
Republic Veteran
# 10
05-12-2013, 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shpoks View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong and I know that it's the expensive way to go for it, but I believe that it is possible to use the Krenn skin on the Korath sci. ship.
If you own both. That's the expensive part.
Its not the skin as much as I prefer the Krenn's Cannons as opposed to the wings. The wings just don't feel the least bit Klingon and feel much more alien.

I keep feeling like the Korath feels like some ship from some other sci fi fandom but I can't really recall what.