Captain
# 31
05-10-2013, 06:13 PM
As all new game additions of this size. I see some lag from servers can't handle the load. As many people will be on and trying it out. Even the MMO I used to play on as big they was had lag issues. I'm sure there will be a few glitches and down time as usual as well. However the release will be on a Tuesday. I mainly play on weekends. So most of that will occur before I get to log on.

I don't bother trying to be a tester. Just not me, I rather wait for the full release to play it.

What I will do soon as it releases? I have some other missions yet to finish. Like the Romulus Rep. To see how that story plays out. So I will finish that before heading on to new areas. So I won't ruin what I hadn't finished yet on the story lines.
Lieutenant
# 32
05-11-2013, 11:37 AM
Shouldn't this question apply to the current server down issues? Seriously an issue here. Three major outages, one game-time maintenance. >.<

As for players, practice makes perfect.
Starfleet Veteran
# 33
05-12-2013, 02:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by commadorebob View Post
The launch of Legacy of Romulus is fast approaching (
Go Gold
A huge perk of being a Gold Subscriber is the ability to have our own queue. We get to go to the front of the line when the queue is activated. And with all the incoming new content, there will almost certainly be a queue. While Cryptic has added to their server capacity since launch, we had queues not that long ago. Expect them for this. (Also, being a Gold Member while leveling a new character has some great benefits -- check out the F2P matrix here.)

[b]Prepare
/stamp_of_approval. Stickied! -Brandon
The above information is WRONG. if you are gold or LTS you DONT get on any priority list. I tested that myself a few times and it doesnt work, Just yesterday with all the crap affecting teh servers I waited for 30 mins to get in like everyone else. Unless its broken and I reported it as well....this is sales pitch and it doesnt work so please correct that information.
[
Empire Veteran
# 34
05-12-2013, 04:48 AM
I don't plan to play for two weeks after LoR goes live. I still recall when the Dominion FE were released and how laggy it was on the day of release.

I will patch the game a few days after it goes live but I plan on playing once the hype settles down for my own mental health and enjoyment. The game lags too much already and the elastic banding in insane at times.

Best time for me to play is like around now, when most of the people from America etc are in bed sleeping.

But my mornings are shocking and it only gets worse at about midday. Which is roughly equal to evening for the U.S. So I do the Duty assignments and Lore missions in the morning and some light playing and in late afternoon is when I do my hard core playing like STF's, Nukara etc.

But with my two weeks off I will be trying out some other MMO's and try and finish some of my projects that I haven't worked on for a while as I haven't been in the mood.
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
Cryptic is sloppy. Breaking News at 11. This is what happens when there is no outline or plan and you just make up **** as you go along.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder75 View Post
We can tell our great grandchildren, "In my day, our cloaks were so sensitive that even dialogue broke them and we couldn't change our clothes!"
Lt. Commander
# 35
05-12-2013, 06:09 AM
Be prepared by having other things to do when our servers are constantly down because we dont have a clue what we are doing!!!
Captain
# 36
05-12-2013, 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crusader2007 View Post
The above information is WRONG. if you are gold or LTS you DONT get on any priority list. I tested that myself a few times and it doesnt work, Just yesterday with all the crap affecting teh servers I waited for 30 mins to get in like everyone else. Unless its broken and I reported it as well....this is sales pitch and it doesnt work so please correct that information.
Tribble queues probably don't work the same as a regular holodeck queue, seeing as most stuff is disabled on tribble. It is supposed to be a testing server after all.
Captain
# 37
05-12-2013, 04:03 PM
Add this to the OP: Get plenty of sleep before the launch because you'll need it after the launch. Not one nor two, but 3 complete reputations to grind for your new Romulan character.

Everyone should familiarize themselves with the famed "real life" because after LoR you will have lost that opportunity.
Ensign
# 38
05-13-2013, 11:23 AM
After the beta shuts down will we have to restart the campaign when it goes live ?
Captain
# 39
05-13-2013, 11:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by calumwilson98 View Post
After the beta shuts down will we have to restart the campaign when it goes live ?
I don't think the Beta does shut down. But yes, you will have to create a new Romulan character from scratch once LoR goes Live.
"It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid."
-- Q
Career Officer
# 40
05-13-2013, 11:32 AM
FYI - if you have the Tribble files downloaded in the 'Playtest' directory already, you WON'T need to pere-patch (you can, but it just takes up extra HD space and time); as if you have the Tribble client, Holodeck will pull and copy the file info it need directly from the Tribble directory when it patches up.
Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012 http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91861979000&dateline=  1340755546
PWE Drone says, "Your STO community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."