Starfleet Veteran
# 1 ST:ID review
05-12-2013, 08:24 AM
It was epic. Totally 10/10 (Okay, maybe (9x10^-2) +9.9/10 but close enough). Fabulous, amazing, exhilarating experience (especially in IMAX)

This is coming from a Trekkie who HATED the 2009 film.

There are no real spoilers:

The story was wonderful, very understandable and realistic. ENGINEERING ... what can I say? We actually saw something really , more than decent. The action was fun, especially the Vengeance battle scene. Benedict Cumberbatch is a wonderful villain, on par , if not better, than the wonderful crew of the Enterprise. I liked (a-lot) how we saw all the main characters of the show. There was plenty of everyone on screen.

In the 2009 film, I did not like that Kirk. This Kirk is very similar to the one we know and love. STAR TREK morals are heavily focused here. No , just shoot shoot shoot, but actual consideration of actions to a usually positive result.. The action was good, and not un-needed and over done either (like the 2009 film). A detail or 2 I loved. They really really thought about us Trekkies. Not only did they use a "proper" STAR TREK story, but they did not wipe the existence of previous Trek. On an Admirals desk, you see the NX-ENTERPRISE!!!! and THE PHOENIX (Warp Ship). No-one said that that existence of Trek is gone. There on a separate time line ... we know that but ... what I am trying to say is they actually included Prime (Seen) Trek in this too. The credits, for the stars of the show , who get their own credits sequence, have TOS intro music being played by an Orchestra ... beautiful.

The only 2 faults:

Kronos is spelt Qo'nos

Also praxias should have not been destroyed yet.

Thanks for reading,
Seb
Hopefully I'll come back from my break; this break is fun; I play intellectual games.

I hope STO get's better ...

Last edited by jumpingjs; 05-12-2013 at 08:31 AM.
Captain
# 2
05-12-2013, 08:28 AM
Qo'nos has always been spelt Qo'nos also with it being a alt time line Praxis could have had the accident a lot earlier and sent the klingons down a different route. Even though i liked the undiscovered country as a film I disagreed that the klingons wanted peace so quickly
NO TO ARC
Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
Starfleet Veteran
# 3
05-12-2013, 08:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by robeasom View Post
Qo'nos has always been spelt Qo'nos also with it being a alt time line Praxis could have had the accident a lot earlier and sent the klingons down a different route. Even though i liked the undiscovered country as a film I disagreed that the klingons wanted peace so quickly
No

Watch the film, they spelt Qo'nos wrong.
Hopefully I'll come back from my break; this break is fun; I play intellectual games.

Captain
# 4
05-12-2013, 08:41 AM
have to wait for the 17th
NO TO ARC
Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
Starfleet Veteran
# 5
05-12-2013, 08:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by robeasom View Post
have to wait for the 17th
It is good.

And I am sure you DEVs will really like it too

Career Officer
# 6
05-12-2013, 12:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpingjs View Post
No

Watch the film, they spelt Qo'nos wrong.
Qo'noS is how the Klingon homeworld is spelled in tlhIngan Hol (the Klingon language.)

Kronos is how it's pronounced by people who don't speak Klingon and prior to the normalization of Klingon-Federation relations it was often spelled that way by Humans and other Fed citizens.

Even in ST:VI Undiscovered Country, you'll notice Chancellor Gorkon's flagship is referred to as the IKS Kronos One (it should properly be Qon'oS wa')

I'm glad you liked the movie.

"Freedom is just a pretty idea unless it's backed by Force."

The Masterverse Timeline / Ten Forward Fanfics
Captain
# 7
05-12-2013, 05:39 PM
http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Qo%27noS

Quote:
The Klingon homeworld remained canonically unnamed until Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country, in which it was identified as "Kronos", spelled that way in the film's script. [4] The spelling "Qo'noS" was subsequently devised by Marc Okrand, in order to conform to his previously developed rules of Klingon orthography. (citation needed ? edit) The spelling "Kronos" was established on-screen by Star Trek Into Darkness.

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Kronos_One

Quote:
The name of the Klingon homeworld was first mentioned in The Undiscovered Country, in which it is identified as Kronos (spelled that way in the film's script). The spelling "Qo'noS" was subsequently devised by Marc Okrand for Star Trek: The Next Generation, in order to conform to his previously developed rules of Klingon orthography. In Klingonese, Kronos One would be written Qo'noS Wa', but MA uses the script spelling for this ship. For more information see the talk page.

I'm still Romulus_Prime. Joined STO in January 2010.

Last edited by kain9prime; 05-12-2013 at 05:41 PM.