Starfleet Veteran
# 1 plasma weapons and consoles
05-13-2013, 05:20 AM
I been playing for while in closed beta and now in open beta and I have notice sence there are romulans and where mostly flying and testing romulan ships which use plasma based weapons has any body else noticed how few plasma weapons and consoles are falling in the drops, I get plenty of the other stuff but very few of the plasma based stuff which seem kinda backwards to be we should be seeing a lot of plasma based weapons falling while leveling up and and on space and ground.
Survivor of Romulus
# 2
05-13-2013, 05:36 AM
we mostlikely get the loot out of the same pool, so nothing i would consider unusual.

on the other hand..
im generally confused, since i always thought romulans would use disruptordamage energyweapons and plasma torps which is the combo i use primarly, so i am actually glad about that fact.

on a sidenote..
am i the only one scratching the forehead about cardassian npc ships using phasers instead of yellow disruptors?
Captain
# 3
05-13-2013, 05:45 AM
It's along the lines of the Plasma Shockwave not being boosted by Plasma Infusers and all the changes that came about after that. They said they didn't want players to feel forced into going Plasma...so the loot tables will be what they are.

Still...mission rewards tend toward...so uh, yeah...
Maal, Klingon, Mogh - Vegar, Orion, Marauder - R'ebel, Romulan, Haakona
Willard the Rat, Reman, F.T'varo - Rave, J.Trill, Kar'Fi - Mysk, Gorn, Varanus
Kopor, Nausicaan, Guramba - Nivuh, Ferasan, B'rel - Venit, Lethean, M.Qin
Starfleet Veteran
# 4
05-13-2013, 06:20 AM
yea I understand they don't want to force people to use plasma but I rarely get any plasma base weapons or console drops, we should get some at least a bit more then whats dropping I think but just my thoughts lol
Ensign
# 5
05-13-2013, 06:40 AM
i'd liek to see them a bit more often from mission. seems i'm always getting some kinda hybrid weapon or tetreon or some variant none plasma deal. seems only 1 maybe 2 mission per rank offering plasma rewards. or atleast it feels that way with how there spread out.