Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 1 Legacy of Romulus Dev Blog #17
05-13-2013, 11:00 AM
Systems Designer Jeff "AdjudicatorHawk" Hamilton shares details about our upcoming new ship mechanic, warp cores, in this entry of the Legacy of Romulus News Dev Blog series.

Link to the blog.
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Republic Veteran
# 2
05-13-2013, 11:06 AM
My name is Marie, and I complain about everything.

Except this.

This looks awesome.

-------------
ISE ISE Ba-bee. "If you got the Borg yo... I'll solve 'em check out this shot while my torpedos dissolve 'em"

Last edited by themarie; 05-13-2013 at 11:28 AM.
Captain
# 3
05-13-2013, 11:07 AM
This is a bit early.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.
And I don't pretend to understand them.
Republic Veteran
# 4
05-13-2013, 11:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalolorn View Post
This is a bit early.
All the server-induced nerd-rage knocked California out of temporal sync. We're getting glimpse of the FUTURE.

Enjoy it while it lasts.
-------------
ISE ISE Ba-bee. "If you got the Borg yo... I'll solve 'em check out this shot while my torpedos dissolve 'em"
Survivor of Romulus
# 5
05-13-2013, 11:14 AM
I cannot wait this sounds awesome.
Captain
# 6
05-13-2013, 11:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Systems Designer Jeff "AdjudicatorHawk" Hamilton shares details about our upcoming new ship mechanic, warp cores, in this entry of the Legacy of Romulus News Dev Blog series.

Link to the blog.
Brandon you are truly spoiling us. Great work. Thanks so much
Live long and Prosper
Career Officer
# 7 From one surgeon to another...
05-13-2013, 11:21 AM
"Aye and if my Granny had wheels, she'd be a wagon."

Transwarp cores...up yer shaft...

Cryptic Dev folks I hope you give some love to Crafting these things too btw other than Doffs and Drops etc.
Survivor of Romulus
# 8
05-13-2013, 11:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
In the future, in the months after Legacy of Romulus launches, warp cores will be obtainable by other methods as well, with some special Romulan duty officer assignments to build singularity cores, as well as a suite of cores being added to a Fleet store. Obtaining a desirable warp core should be no more difficult than obtaining a desirable deflector array or impulse engine.
Glad this was finally confirmed, but it's a shame it won't be for launch!

I'm really excited about this, great new mechanic IMO. Thanks for the news Brandon!
Captain
# 9
05-13-2013, 11:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drmox View Post
"Aye and if my Granny had wheels, she'd be a wagon."

Transwarp cores...up yer shaft...

Cryptic Dev folks I hope you give some love to Crafting these things too btw other than Doffs and Drops etc.
Somebody's a fan of Montgomery Scott...
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.
And I don't pretend to understand them.
Captain
# 10
05-13-2013, 11:40 AM
Some of the speeds have been confusing me. This is something I was going to test but the wipe/lock of character transfer prevented me from getting to it.

I guess my question is related to sector space travel.

Currently, if you want to actually get anywhere quickly you need to use the Borg engine.

Will the new engine/warp core combo's make the Borg engines obsolete or allow players to get similar speeds without it.

It also sounds like in the future we will not be going say Warp 18 but 10 will be the "max" regardless of how fast we are actually going.

What will effect our speed more. An engine or a warp core?

(also the ones I saw pre-wipe, I found the text on the cores a bit confusing. It was hard to figure out if you needed X or Y or if they were more or less the same)