Go Back   Star Trek Online > Test Servers > Tribble - General Discussion and Feedback
Login

Empire Veteran
# 11
05-13-2013, 01:08 PM
Since the powers will not be removed at all, to much time went into developing them.

How about this:

Singularity core behaves just like a warp core power wise.
Remove the innate power penalty from the Romulan ships.
Introduce a science console equipable only on warbirds,
this console provides the jump, warp shadows and quantum absortion.
Do the same with a tac console that provides the singularity overcharge and plasma shockwave.

That way you solve many problems, ships are on equal footing powerwise and people would don't want to use the powers are not penalized for them.
You give the player the choice which power flavor they want to use and get them balanced by having the ship using them giving up console space. Science for defense/fancy powers and tactical for offensive powers. Balancing out defense and offensive from passive consoles with defense and offense from active/singularity powers.

Next would be the battlecloak, from the veteran ship, we know that it is valued at 8% shield and hull.
Canon wise we also know that cloaking devices are rather small and can be carried by normal people.
I would suggest to decouple the cloak from the ship and create devices for them,
Equipping a cloaking device then lowers hull and shield by say 4%, for a battle cloak by 8% and a EBC by 16%.

Could do the same for the klingon ships, after normalizing their hull and shield values and device slots.
And of course turn the fed cloaking consoles into cloaking devices as well.

What is the point of all this? Allowing the players a choice how to equip and play their ship.

-= ISE: 12:19 -=- CSE 12:41 -=- KASE 11:59 -=- HSe 8:06 total =-
-= KAGE 5:43 =-
[7:07] [Combat (Self)] Your Dual Disruptor Banks - Overload II deals 123086 (41096) Disruptor Damage(Critical) to Assimilated Carrier.
Career Officer
# 12
05-13-2013, 01:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stirling191 View Post
Considering the absurd crit/severity numbers that only Romulans will have access to, the fact that there is an incentive to run non-romulan boffs is not a bad thing at all.
Hmm. good point. I am planning on running my borg doff with efficient, but the other 4 were going to be romulan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamipoi View Post
make a core the disabled the stupid sing abilities but gives us +5power across the board...and then i can sing with joy...cause obviosly they quantify the turnrate is counterbalancing the bonus hull.(as if a bonus of 3k hull means jack didly for a ship that cant turn) so they seem to think cloaks worth -5power and these singularity abilities are worth anouther -5 not realy but alright devs way to shoehorn romulans into the usefulness of say an engineering officer -_-
I had posted an idea in the past of cores that gave +5 to all systems and another +5 to a system with full core, buti feel that this plan is more balanced.

ACCESS DENIED
U.S.S. Gipsy Danger | U.S.S. Gunstar | U.S.S. Oswin
R.R.W. Coronatus | R.R.W. Valar Morghulis
Rihannsu
# 13
05-13-2013, 01:14 PM
Personally I have been playing enough at VA for two toons now and I don't think the Singularity cores need any penalties.
Commander
# 14
05-13-2013, 01:15 PM
sorry if i sound pesimistic but cryptics reasoning behind things are strange and ill give them that cloaks must be counter balanced by something -5 for the cloak i can deal with.but -10 kinda screws competitivness especial when the enemy is now not only +10 above you but in all reality end up being +25 or more power levels farther above you these powers should be optional period if i want them i grab a singularty core with them if not i should be entitled to drop em and grab an antimatter core....we are after all allied with the federation and klingons retrofitting our ships would not be that hard

the power issue isnt nearly as bad for tacticle specific alpha builds but it cripples the science ability to work solo even further then the science nerfs in 2012 did.yea fancy abilities that you can use once roughly every 2-3 minuts but id rather something i can count on...
Andy@andy30
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1615554000&dateline=1  365460663
Career Officer
# 15
05-13-2013, 01:22 PM
Quote:
sorry if i sound pesimistic but cryptics reasoning behind things are strange and ill give them that cloaks must be counter balanced by something -5 for the cloak i can deal with.but -10 kinda screws competitivness especial when the enemy is now not only +10 above you but in all reality end up being +25 or more power levels farther above you these powers should be optional period if i want them i grab a singularty core with them if not i should be entitled to drop em and grab an antimatter core....we are after all allied with the federation and klingons retrofitting our ships would not be that hard

the power issue isnt nearly as bad for tacticle specific alpha builds but it cripples the science ability to work solo even further then the science nerfs in 2012 did.yea fancy abilities that you can use once roughly every 2-3 minuts but id rather something i can count on...
Quote:
Originally Posted by balordezul View Post
Personally I have been playing enough at VA for two toons now and I don't think the Singularity cores need any penalties.
I couldn't agree more, but thats just not going to change, and theres another topic for that. Lets try to keep this on topic and specifically about changing the core item itself to be more effective and onpar with warp cores.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostusthorn View Post
Since the powers will not be removed at all, to much time went into developing them.

How about this:

Singularity core behaves just like a warp core power wise.
Remove the innate power penalty from the Romulan ships.
Introduce a science console equipable only on warbirds,
this console provides the jump, warp shadows and quantum absortion.
Do the same with a tac console that provides the singularity overcharge and plasma shockwave.

That way you solve many problems, ships are on equal footing powerwise and people would don't want to use the powers are not penalized for them.
You give the player the choice which power flavor they want to use and get them balanced by having the ship using them giving up console space. Science for defense/fancy powers and tactical for offensive powers. Balancing out defense and offensive from passive consoles with defense and offense from active/singularity powers.

Next would be the battlecloak, from the veteran ship, we know that it is valued at 8% shield and hull.
Canon wise we also know that cloaking devices are rather small and can be carried by normal people.
I would suggest to decouple the cloak from the ship and create devices for them,
Equipping a cloaking device then lowers hull and shield by say 4%, for a battle cloak by 8% and a EBC by 16%.

Could do the same for the klingon ships, after normalizing their hull and shield values and device slots.
And of course turn the fed cloaking consoles into cloaking devices as well.

What is the point of all this? Allowing the players a choice how to equip and play their ship.
Main problem with this is that it's too late and just wouldn't be possible to be done at this point.

I love the concept of allowing more choice, but things are set in stone already, were not going to get a massive change like this.

ACCESS DENIED
Commander
# 16
05-13-2013, 01:27 PM
as i posted in the oficial one they devs need to for our sake and theirs list what can be on both singularity cores and antimatter/matter cores side by side compare them and the mainships powerlevels etc and see just how "Balace" they are and if they choose not to fix this i may go back to my old reliable games
Andy@andy30
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1615554000&dateline=1  365460663
Starfleet Veteran
# 17
05-13-2013, 01:28 PM
When you put your ship in reverse the power drain from that and the singularity core will completely kill the 2 subsystems set to level 25.
Commander
# 18
05-13-2013, 01:34 PM
wonder if the devs know that post that here http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...24851&page=100

umm lol http://i.imgur.com/KYQw8Mc.png
Andy@andy30

Last edited by kamipoi; 05-13-2013 at 01:47 PM.
Career Officer
# 19
05-13-2013, 01:49 PM
Quote:
how the hell did that happen?

ACCESS DENIED
Lt. Commander
# 20
05-13-2013, 01:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theodrim View Post
Hell, 3-6 points in warp core efficiency negates warbirds' power penalty, forget efficient captain and efficient BOffs for the moment. Everything else -- including the new and improved emergency power abilities -- is just sugar on top. Personally, I just don't see much of a point to the new item slot, save give players something else for which to grind ad infinitum.
My god this couldnt be more wrong.

Firstly, warp core efficiency works off what the power is SET TO, not what it actually is. Meaning that a Romulan ship running 90/100, 40/50, 15/25, 15/25 gets no more benefit than a Fed ship running at 100/100, 50/50, 25/25, 25/25.

Secondly, 6 points in warp core efficiency equates to about 3 power when set at 25.

Thirdly, Romulan captains cant get Efficient Captain.

Fourthly, there is currently no Romulan faction Boff that has the Efficient Trait.

There is a way to effectively negate the penalty to power levels for Romulan ships. However you can do the same thing on Fed or KDF ships and end up with much better power levels.