Go Back   Star Trek Online > Test Servers > Tribble - General Discussion and Feedback
Login

Captain
# 51
05-13-2013, 08:17 PM
After playing a few more hours on tribble last night I am seeing how this power penalty is way to high for abilities with long cooldowns. They are ok, but nothing really gamechanging, a -5 to all powerlevels would be much more reasonable.
Commander
# 52
05-13-2013, 08:30 PM
guess im just going to hope that more romulans will complain and this gets adressed after launch cause they are in a finalization stage atm by the looks of that last patch...
Andy@andy30
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1615554000&dateline=1  365460663
Career Officer
# 53
05-13-2013, 08:36 PM
Yup. I went and played a bit and i noticed that with 48/30 shield power, my shields weren't regenerating. at least they sure didn't seem to be.

But your right. if enough people play and complain they may change it later.

I have a feeling that they're going to go back to -20 power eventually. Or maybe take up my core idea.

*edit*
Also still leaning towards going plasma to get +9.6% damage from the infused console and +7.6% from the 2 piece reputation. i could lower my weapon power a bit and move that power over to shields and engines.

Tetryon also gets a +7.6% boost as well with the nukara item.

ACCESS DENIED
U.S.S. Gipsy Danger | U.S.S. Gunstar | U.S.S. Oswin
R.R.W. Coronatus | R.R.W. Valar Morghulis

Last edited by neok182; 05-13-2013 at 08:43 PM.
Commander
# 54
05-13-2013, 08:59 PM
yea the systems bad -5 managble that would be 90/30/30/30 instead of 85/25/25/25 btw you cant get them lower than 25 so at best your screwed....at worst your just a sitting duck for drain...yup im goign to do everything i can to target rommy birds with siphoning just to turn them into sitting ducks instead of a proud hawk they should be

they need to at worst make it 180 at best case make it completly optional and make it 180 if oyu have the abilities enabled
Andy@andy30
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1615554000&dateline=1  365460663
Commander
# 55
05-13-2013, 09:02 PM
energy siphon 1 negates the power drawback and you can cast space magic freely. done.
Commander
# 56
05-13-2013, 09:08 PM
good option lousy uptime though plasmeonic leech is better but forces you to go klingon
Andy@andy30
Starfleet Veteran
# 57
05-13-2013, 09:51 PM
A more intelligent fix would be to reduce the cooldown and make each power use X charge from the Core.

The level 1 power recharges at say every 30 seconds and drops the charge level by 1.
The level 2 power recharges every 45 seconds and drops the charge by 2 levels.
The level 3 power recharges every 60 Seconds and drops the charge by 3 levels.
The level 4 power recharges every 75 seconds and drops the charge by 4 levels.
The level 5 power rechages every 90 seconds and drops the charge by 5 levels.

Make the Powers actual effectiveness run off your skills and the Trait.

This makes the powers more useful and makes them even out more with a warp core powered ship. Also gives Romulan Science and Engineer characters a buff with thier new found stronger SC powers...
Lt. Commander
# 58
05-14-2013, 01:25 AM
To the OP...

bear in mind that when the warp cores and singularities came out, the Singularity cores were considered overpowered!

All this talk of nerfing warp cores doesn't solve the underlying problem and is detrimental to synergy of fed ship dynamics...

I for one, don't believe the warp cores are op since there are 2 different stats on it that contradict each other. On one hand you have power cap stat raised to 130 which is not bad but its only a slight increase. On the other hand, you have a % bonus power that gets boosted if you have low power in that system. The contradiction is if you want to run 130 power setting then you will not benefit since you won't get a % bonus power since you're running high power... and vice versa (if you want to get % bonus power by running that subsystem at low levels, then you won't benefit having 130 cap) For example, I want to run 130 auxiliary power and since that warp core gives me a % bonus power to aux levels if i run low auxiliary power but cannot since I am running at 130.

To me that's either an design flaw (oversight) or a serious drawback to to balance warp cores to ensure that they don't even begin to marginally be considered overpowered!

Either way, warp cores are fine where they are and do not need a nerf whatsover ...if anything they need a slight buff
Career Officer
# 59
05-14-2013, 07:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamipoi View Post
yea the systems bad -5 managble that would be 90/30/30/30 instead of 85/25/25/25 btw you cant get them lower than 25 so at best your screwed....at worst your just a sitting duck for drain...yup im goign to do everything i can to target rommy birds with siphoning just to turn them into sitting ducks instead of a proud hawk they should be

they need to at worst make it 180 at best case make it completly optional and make it 180 if oyu have the abilities enabled
You actually can get them to go to 15, if you set weapons, shields, or engines at least 2 drop to 15. then you can go into manual settings and lock it there. Thats the only way to do it though. if you try to manually lower it to 15 won't work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacefortress View Post
To the OP...

bear in mind that when the warp cores and singularities came out, the Singularity cores were considered overpowered!

All this talk of nerfing warp cores doesn't solve the underlying problem and is detrimental to synergy of fed ship dynamics...

I for one, don't believe the warp cores are op since there are 2 different stats on it that contradict each other. On one hand you have power cap stat raised to 130 which is not bad but its only a slight increase. On the other hand, you have a % bonus power that gets boosted if you have low power in that system. The contradiction is if you want to run 130 power setting then you will not benefit since you won't get a % bonus power since you're running high power... and vice versa (if you want to get % bonus power by running that subsystem at low levels, then you won't benefit having 130 cap) For example, I want to run 130 auxiliary power and since that warp core gives me a % bonus power to aux levels if i run low auxiliary power but cannot since I am running at 130.

To me that's either an design flaw (oversight) or a serious drawback to to balance warp cores to ensure that they don't even begin to marginally be considered overpowered!

Either way, warp cores are fine where they are and do not need a nerf whatsover ...if anything they need a slight buff
I'm not talking about nerfing warp cores, i'm talking about putting the singularity cores on the same level. I haven't mentioned a single change for warp cores. you should reread my first post.

Warp cores are great and perfect as is, they also give +5 to one system, a +5 max and +7.5% to another system which if you use weapons to X will give most people +8. So you get an always on +13 power. Also you can have these go to multiple systems. my warp core on tribble gives me +5 to auxiliary and +7.5% to shields.

Romulans? +5. a max of +15 but only with a full charge, and only to one system. and maintaining that full charge means you can't use your abilties.

So my plan is to give romulans a +10 to one system, not dependent on charge level. and it's +10 instead of +5 because romulans already get -10 power so this simply brings them to fed/kdf levels and fed/kdf gets +5 to that system.

Then add in the 7.5% power to power abilitiy which could bring +8 to another system. So thats a possible +18 max power to two systems, 5 more than federation, but romulans will still have -22 max power.

ACCESS DENIED
U.S.S. Gipsy Danger | U.S.S. Gunstar | U.S.S. Oswin
R.R.W. Coronatus | R.R.W. Valar Morghulis
Empire Veteran
# 60
05-14-2013, 08:45 AM
Stuff that adds power is irrelevant. Sure, it mitigates the lower warbird power, but it also helps non-warbirds. Warbirds still start lower.

The even bigger issue is the change that just went in which made it a new lower base level instead of a penalty. THAT matters, because you can't SET levels below 25.

So now, you cannot get (base) weapon power to 100. Double whammy, since all those [W->x] cores now help you less.
Joined October 2009. READ BEFORE POSTING