Survivor of Romulus
# 31
05-14-2013, 09:34 AM
But neverwinter is the poor relation
I had a look (control wizard to level 16)
its getting more and more repetative and less and less occupied

the low level areas are packed
seems once you hit about 12 and move to where the orcs are (tower district) theres hardly anyone there

now maybe they all moved on and the newer guys are not there yet
but well STO is always going to be the better game
Captain
# 32
05-14-2013, 09:36 AM
THe OP was obviouslt making a Troll post to get people to rage. And it undoubtedly worked just look at the 3 pages of replys
Survivor of Romulus
# 33
05-14-2013, 09:37 AM
there are less trolls than people think
Lt. Commander
# 34
05-14-2013, 09:48 AM
As a lot of folks have said, its not down to the ship or whats in it, its down to the players KNOWLEDGE of what to do on that ESTF.

The worst one is that one with the borg klingons and that useless ship ya need to keep alive in the middle. I've pugged in there a few times and half the time folks in top of the line T5 cruisers end up trying to take on the cube before hitting the nanite gens below it, they totally ignore the birds of prey and its up to me and the couple of others who know how that map works to kill off the BOPS.

Then they start to whine and cry for help when the neghvars and raptors show up, run off to the far edge of the map with their useless fat ass toothless failaxy and dont come back till all the neghvars are gone.

Heres what Cryptic SHOULD do... dont limit ESTF's to what the user has on their ship. Find some way to tutor them on how the stf's and estf's are done, starting from the easiest (Infected Conduit) to the hardest (Hive). Some kind of tutorial video on all of them or something. Then limit them to normal STF's until they manage to get the optional on ALL of them, then the ESTF variants will unlock.

Its all down to knowledge (or lack thereof) and not the ship.
Rihannsu
# 35
05-14-2013, 09:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
were born on a tuesday
and are called simon
Solomon Grundy born on a Monday
Ah yes, "Iconians", the immortal demons of air and darkness allegedly waiting in subspace. We have dismissed this claim.

Starfleet Veteran
# 36
05-14-2013, 11:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsnake721 View Post
THe OP was obviouslt making a Troll post to get people to rage. And it undoubtedly worked just look at the 3 pages of replys
I don't think so. Gear gating, grind gating, and rep gating have been pretty much constant requests to "improve" elite STFs, always missing the point of course and only obstructing play with inconvenience rather than improving anything.

This is the first post I've seen that's tied the idea to the term gearscore and invoked all the ridiculous things done under that name, but it's not a new idea.
Career Officer
# 37
05-14-2013, 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoggymack22 View Post
What's German for Remodulate?

Remodulieren....?
I love nice long walks in the country.
Especially if they're taken by people who annoy me!
Ar ais olc leis an doer olc
Ensign
# 38
05-14-2013, 01:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by warpet View Post
can U Put Gear Score Here And Lock Elite Stf To Everyone Who Dont Have Full Epic Gear,so Much Ppl Coming There Whit Mx10 Or Worse Gear Since They Dont Need Better Gear To Can Enter
Hahahahahahhaahahahahhahahahahahahhahaha!
Republic Veteran
# 39
05-14-2013, 01:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by warpet View Post
can u put gear score here and lock elite stf to everyone who dont have full epic gear,so much ppl coming there whit mx10 or worse gear since they dont need better gear to can enter
Absolutely NOT. I just hit Level 50 on my KDF Toon, and decked her out in full Mk XI Whites (Since everything I had before then was Mk VII or below).

Took her into an Elite STF (Infected Space), and wiped the floor with it with my team; even got the optional! So it's a matter of how good of a player you are, NOT YOUR GEAR!
Original Join Date: January 2010
Original Name: -Gen-Alaris
Days Subscribed: 1211 (As of May 26, 2013)
Career Officer
# 40
05-14-2013, 01:36 PM
The reasons are already well covered by other people in the thread. So I will just say: NO!