Lt. Commander
# 51
05-12-2013, 04:54 PM
I cannot copy to tribble at all, only redshirt, and it has been that way since the start of the LoR OBT. Oh well.
Lt. Commander
# 52
05-13-2013, 05:20 PM
If I purchase extra character slots, will I gain the extra slots across all servers, or just on Holodeck?
Ensign
# 53
05-13-2013, 09:27 PM
I signed up on Friday to do the test server, and I began the patching process. I tried it Friday, Sat and Sunday, and doing one right now. Previously, I got disconnected and a error message to send to the devs on this. What should I do, if I keep getting the same error message?

I have already copied my toon over to the test server, but not able to download the entire game without the above mentioned error.

Thanks
Ensign
# 54 Tribble Test Server
05-14-2013, 03:06 PM
hello! I was wondering if the graphics will get better? When I played LOR over the weekened everthing was fine. Now the message screens are clear but the space and ground scenery is blury like a old Nintendo game.........
Ensign
# 55
05-20-2013, 09:54 AM
I have a throttled internet connection of only 45kb/s and after a few hours I have 7% patched. Can I stop the patching and continue later?
I'm patching now because people said that i won't have to patch so much tomorrow when the LoR is released to Holodeck server. Is that true?
Survivor of Romulus
# 56
05-20-2013, 10:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by caelan1982 View Post
I have a throttled internet connection of only 45kb/s and after a few hours I have 7% patched. Can I stop the patching and continue later?
I'm patching now because people said that i won't have to patch so much tomorrow when the LoR is released to Holodeck server. Is that true?
Yes, you can always patch later. The launcher will patch whatever is left (whatever you haven't patched already). If a patch is released while you wait, then you will of course have to download that too, but anything you've already patched is patched, and you won't have to repatch it unless you delete the folder.

As for patching now to avoid patching tomorrow, you'll still have to actually DO the patch, but downloading now will save you time, especially if you have a throttled connection. Instead of downloading 7-9 GB of patch, you'll just patch 7-9GB of what you've already downloaded.

As I mentioned in another thread, the launcher checks the "Beta" and "Playtest" folders, as well as the "Prepatch" folder, and copies whatever files it can from there. Once those files are moved, it then downloads whatever is missing. So if you do patch Tribble today, you may still have to patch something, but it will be far less than it would be without patching.

Also, make sure to disabled "on-demand patching" in your launcher's options, to make sure you get all of it in advance.

I still want bare feet.... on ALL costumes.
Ensign
# 57
05-20-2013, 03:10 PM
thanks for the answer.
more than once i had problems with resuming patching (normal game, not tribble) and it started from the beginning. shouldn't that behave the same?
it would be cool if you could see sth like parts during patching so you know when one part is done and can interrupt the patching just as the next part starts. or maybe a "pause patching" button that will pause it as soon as possible, after finishing the current part.

btw 21% in 5.5 hours
Ensign
# 58 Tribble Reward
05-22-2013, 04:21 PM
Hey for those of us that were in the open Beta test weekend when will we be able to claim our prize and what is the prize
Ensign
# 59
05-25-2013, 04:15 PM
Right on it said

"Not only can you test out the new content releasing with the launch of Legacy of Romulus, but you can earn a special reward for doing so. Information about our upcoming content update can be found throughout the Legacy of Romulus News Dev Blog Index.

Tribble Test Weekend Reward

Play on Tribble for at least one (1) hour and earn an exclusive reward. The reward will be revealed and available at a currently unannounced date post Legacy of Romulus launch"

But we have to give them time to fix things in the game first, so give them time.
Ensign
# 60 I want to play normal STO!
05-31-2013, 06:24 PM
Recently, I have downloaded Tribble and Holodeck. I can't seem to be able to play the normal STO, only Tribble and Holodeck! The launcher does not allow me to have any other option than to use the shard. I've tried to delete the test servers by going into my files and then deleting the data. I have even tried deleting and then reinstalling STO, but none of these seemed to work. I've sent a ticket in, but I've no reply. Someone, please help me, since the game devs are nonexistent.