Commander
Others have voiced for this already in a heated thread discussing sexism on STO. This is not about sexism, I've said all I'm going to say about the subject there already and let's not have any of it here. This is simply a request to give male characters a casual beachwear outfit option. As pointed out already elsewhere, female characters have it and some males already use swimwear shorts on Risa, but male characters are unable to currently customize it for themselves. Summer is coming and with LoR being worked on, it's something that can perhaps be made available, please?

If you'd like to see the option available too, let's hear about it.

Last edited by pwebranflakes; 05-13-2013 at 07:58 AM. Reason: Edited title as petitions are not allowed
Empire Veteran
# 2
05-13-2013, 07:02 AM
This has been asked for a few times before and nothing ever came of it.

As a rule of thumb in MMOs (and probably many other things), half naked females = "ah dude awesome" and half naked males = "Omg what is this (insert derogatory name for homosexual male here) doodoo". (Political correctness FTW.)

Most guys have issues dealing with sexuality, that's why homosexual females are ok for them and males aren't but I digress... most gamers are predominately male who like pixels shaped to look like female parts and as the saying goes, sex sells.

Oh and, if not to do with sexism, why even mention it?

All of the above is my opinion.
Man is a gaming animal. He must always be trying to get the better in something or other.
Warning, this poster tends to talk nonsensically when caffine levels fall below 80%.
Captain
# 3
05-13-2013, 07:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtern1ty View Post
Others have voiced for this already in a heated thread discussing sexism on STO. This is not about sexism, I've said all I'm going to say about the subject there already and let's not have any of it here. This is simply a request to give male characters a casual beachwear outfit option. As pointed out already elsewhere, female characters have it and some males already use swimwear shorts on Risa, but male characters are unable to currently customize it for themselves. Summer is coming and with LoR being worked on, it's something that can perhaps be made available, please?

If you'd like to see the option available too, let's hear about it.
The reason beachwear has not made it in game, is CBS does not want starfleet captains running around space in swimwear. it is unprofessional and doesn't work with the IP as it is established. Keep in mind the Orion outfits, while skimpy ARE canon. This is normal wear for them. Not saying it is good or bad, but the fact is that it is a typical for an Orion. Not so much for a Romulan/Klingon/Starfleet Captain. CBS has said (via dev quotes) that the only way they would allow beachwear is if it was restricted to Risa, or some equivalent (since KDF can't actually go to Risa).

Now, keep in mind, with the success of the Winter Event, Cryptic has stated they are interested in doing a summer event. It is possible they now have the tech to limit beachwear to appropriate locals and thus it will be introduced during said, as yet unconfirmed, Summer Event. Otherwise, the bottomline is, it is just not happening.
Survivor of Romulus
# 4
05-13-2013, 08:11 AM
Full victorian swim wear

A diving suit

OR an option for hairy chests
(waxed chests are a sign of emotional insecurity where im from )
Rihannsu
# 5
05-13-2013, 08:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
OR an option for hairy chests
(waxed chests are a sign of emotional insecurity where im from )
Does that include the women??
"If you didn't want to get yelled at by a bunch of crazy nerds you shouldn't have posted on the forums"
"Bacon tastes so much better marinated in vegan tears"
Better dead then Fed!
Survivor of Romulus
# 6
05-13-2013, 08:52 AM
Depends which Island you come from
Empire Veteran
# 7
05-14-2013, 09:58 AM
Frank, "Dont look Ethel"
Ethel, " My goodness!!! Looks like he's smuggling two eggs and a banana in a hankie..."
Roy Hatch (stryker) soldier, friend, and good man.
1945-2014
RIP
Rihannsu
# 8
05-14-2013, 10:07 AM
Not even just that I have been asking for the undershirtless option for males that females have even since the introduced them, the starfleet ones, the ferengi ones, as well as the cropped winter jackets...never an answer.

You can check all of the ask cryptics for a long time and there I am, they completely ignore the subject. I will admit a little bone here and there, with the DS9 series and now with the Nimbus III bar, but isnt it bad enough that we cant wear the clothing we like in real life without fear of bodily harm? Atleast they could equalize it for a blasted game.

-Seacat
Lieutenant
# 9
05-15-2013, 01:16 AM
I want a man skirt so I can make a zap brannigan character and dispense some brannigan's justice, in strict accordance with brannigan's law.

Last edited by boootz; 05-15-2013 at 01:26 AM.
Captain
# 10
05-15-2013, 01:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirrorseacat View Post
Not even just that I have been asking for the undershirtless option for males that females have even since the introduced them, the starfleet ones, the ferengi ones, as well as the cropped winter jackets...never an answer.

-Seacat
You are never going to get one either. You are the only one that wants this pretty much, while most people don't want to see other male characters in game like this. It won't make them any money at all, and probably cost money.

If they are able to restrict it to beaches only then shirtless option is ok, but cropped male jackets is just silly, its silly enough on females as it is, defeats the purpose of a jacket.
Closed Thread