Republic Veteran
# 11
05-15-2013, 01:46 AM
Picard speedos I know you have them Cryptic I SAW THEM ON A GO GO DANCER on Nimbus!!

The Following signature is not endorsed by the Dukat administration, and Down with Bajor Party

Rihannsu
# 12
05-15-2013, 08:32 AM
At the very least, can we get a shirtless, open vest version of the Mercenary outfit?
Survivor of Romulus
# 13
05-15-2013, 09:05 AM
and please do not discriminate against remans
Remans should have the same option to wear swim wear
Captain
# 14
05-15-2013, 09:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc8219 View Post
You are never going to get one either. You are the only one that wants this pretty much, while most people don't want to see other male characters in game like this. It won't make them any money at all, and probably cost money.

If they are able to restrict it to beaches only then shirtless option is ok, but cropped male jackets is just silly, its silly enough on females as it is, defeats the purpose of a jacket.
While i agree the purpose of winter wear its to keep you warm, not expose your midrift, however in this game in not too bothered about the cold..

I would rather look good than nice and warm,

Male Costume equality!! D:
Your Heavy Graviton Beam deals 26470 (10583) Kinetic Damage(Critical) to Assimilated Carrier.
Captain
# 15
05-15-2013, 09:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtern1ty View Post
Others have voiced for this already in a heated thread discussing sexism on STO. This is not about sexism, I've said all I'm going to say about the subject there already and let's not have any of it here. This is simply a request to give male characters a casual beachwear outfit option. As pointed out already elsewhere, female characters have it and some males already use swimwear shorts on Risa, but male characters are unable to currently customize it for themselves. Summer is coming and with LoR being worked on, it's something that can perhaps be made available, please?

If you'd like to see the option available too, let's hear about it.
or at the very least make them Q's summer wonderland costume pieces from the festive shop
Your Heavy Graviton Beam deals 26470 (10583) Kinetic Damage(Critical) to Assimilated Carrier.
Captain
# 16
05-15-2013, 09:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boootz View Post
I want a man skirt so I can make a zap brannigan character and dispense some brannigan's justice, in strict accordance with brannigan's law.
a skant would be nice,
and for people who cry canon..

It IS canon! (appeared in TNG)
Republic Veteran
# 17
05-15-2013, 09:39 AM
I suspect we won't see swimwear until they do a Risa Revamp.

I suspect they won't do a Risa revamp until they have some good story reason to do so.

Then it will be Picard'kini's for EVERYONE!
Captain
# 18
05-15-2013, 10:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
Frank, "Dont look Ethel"
Ethel, " My goodness!!! Looks like he's smuggling two eggs and a banana in a hankie..."
LOL of the day right here.

On those rare times I decided to make a KDF who wasn't a farmer (Like when I get this damned WINE working and the new content is on holodeck!)I always make a sexy shirtless Orion male in tight pants just so I can go around and hopefully offend some 'phobes.

CRYPTIC: I HAVE A WALLET FULL OF SKANT MONEY WAITING FOR YOU!
# 19
05-15-2013, 03:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtern1ty View Post
Others have voiced for this already in a heated thread discussing sexism on STO. This is not about sexism, I've said all I'm going to say about the subject there already and let's not have any of it here. This is simply a request to give male characters a casual beachwear outfit option. As pointed out already elsewhere, female characters have it and some males already use swimwear shorts on Risa, but male characters are unable to currently customize it for themselves. Summer is coming and with LoR being worked on, it's something that can perhaps be made available, please?

If you'd like to see the option available too, let's hear about it.

To add to this, there are Male Speedo dancers in a Club in the Legacy of Romulus content.
Commander
# 20
05-21-2013, 07:56 AM
Quote:
by foundrelic
To add to this, there are Male Speedo dancers in a Club in the Legacy of Romulus content.
Yes, I noticed
But still no option customizable
And tbh, there is ALOT less interest to make male costume options than there is for female. One look at the at the C-Store proves it. There is not one, not two, but 3 exclusive costumes for females:

- Counselor Troi
- Seven of Nine
- T'Pol

That's all well and good, I'm glad females have those choices. But I'm sure there are players who would be glad to pay a little extra for some fancy male duds. I'm one of them. All the emphasis on female costuming attempts to force males to switch to female chars to look special, something I've refused to do. Does it make me feel left out of the RP scheme? Yes. Do I believe Cryptic would make more money by adding special male costumes to the C-Store and adding shorts to some male species tailor options? Absolutely. Do I think there are any special costumes that may be added for men? I don't just think so, I know there are. Though I couldn't find any examples online, I've watched the episodes and seen in TOS:

- Spock's Romulan robe
- The Ceremonial red Kilt of Engineer Scotty
- Several unique costumes of Kirk.

Plus many others of main male Star Trek characters in the later series. If you find an example online, are able to take a screenshot, or remember a cool male costume from the series or movies that could be adapted in game, feel free to share!

Last edited by xtern1ty; 05-21-2013 at 08:03 AM.
Closed Thread