Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 290
I think this needs to be addressed. Since Warpcores have become an essential part of itemization and used for Sector Space travel it puts Federation players into an unfair and disadvantaged position.

Klingons get a Warpcore as a mission reward, Romulans get many Singularity Cores and there is not a single one available for the Federation players.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 418
# 2
05-14-2013, 07:16 PM
Chiming in, I was disappointed to see no Warp Core that was at least on par with the Klingon one. I like the Transwarp cooldown the KDF one gives and was hoping to find a similar one on the Federation side.

Nope. Not one there.

I'd be more tempted to run a Fed-only mission and KDF-only mission that both awarded these cores rather than playing the same KDF mission twice and trading one. (And I actually don't know if we're able to trade them. If not, then the Federation really did get the bad end of that stick on Warp Cores.)
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 771
# 3
05-14-2013, 08:34 PM
Interesting. I hadn't even noticed this.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 399
# 4
05-14-2013, 08:43 PM
and I love the one they gave us... a white MKX one (depending on rank).... what does it do... not a thing.

STO Open Beta member since 2010.
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 322
# 5
05-15-2013, 04:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captw View Post
and I love the one they gave us... a white MKX one (depending on rank).... what does it do... not a thing.
It makes a great cup holder. My CD tray is so happy now.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 534
# 6
05-15-2013, 06:33 AM
You get a green MK XI one by doing the Nimbus III missions.

Other than that, you can buy one from the dil store and eventually exchange.

ACCESS DENIED
U.S.S. Gipsy Danger | U.S.S. Gunstar | U.S.S. Oswin
R.R.W. Coronatus | R.R.W. Valar Morghulis
Republic Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 345
# 7
05-15-2013, 08:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aegon1ice View Post
I think this needs to be addressed. Since Warpcores have become an essential part of itemization and used for Sector Space travel it puts Federation players into an unfair and disadvantaged position.

Klingons get a Warpcore as a mission reward, Romulans get many Singularity Cores and there is not a single one available for the Federation players.
Congrats, your a FED player. You've been at an advantage since the beggining. The odds have just been evened. >

...

Now, being more serious, there will be ways to get Warp Cores... specifically, Crafting and the Dilithium Store will be core sources.
Original Join Date: January 2010
Original Name: -Gen-Alaris
Days Subscribed: 1211 (As of May 26, 2013)
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 290
# 8
05-15-2013, 01:54 PM
My point is that new players will have no way to get a "starter" Warpcore, while all other factions do get one.
There is so much crap loot attached to the missions - especially for FEDs that the reward tables could be revised with better and more meaningful items.?
Republic Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 345
# 9
05-15-2013, 02:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aegon1ice View Post
My point is that new players will have no way to get a "starter" Warpcore, while all other factions do get one.
There is so much crap loot attached to the missions - especially for FEDs that the reward tables could be revised with better and more meaningful items.?
...You do realize that your ship will start with a Warp Core, right? Like, a standard-issue one. It should suffice until you can afford a better one.
Original Join Date: January 2010
Original Name: -Gen-Alaris
Days Subscribed: 1211 (As of May 26, 2013)
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,005
# 10
05-15-2013, 02:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alarikun View Post
...You do realize that your ship will start with a Warp Core, right? Like, a standard-issue one. It should suffice until you can afford a better one.
That, again, is the OP's point. Roms and KDF will upgrade their warp cores as they go, while new Fed players will be stuck with basically the common Core that comes with each ship.

What if you were stuck with the white standard shields that came with your ship for ten levels, no quest rewards to upgrade with, and a very low drop rate that the Warp Cores appear to have?
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:12 AM.