Republic Veteran
# 1 Idea for "Venture"ized Nebula
05-15-2013, 10:00 AM
A Venture Nebula refit where that keeps the detection grid console, and makes the ship itself a single bay carrier.

With a Battle Cloaking faction, and a lack of Fed ships that can act as carriers, this might make it popular enough to sell a worthwhile amount.
Republic Veteran
# 2
05-15-2013, 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reximuz View Post
A Venture Nebula refit where that keeps the detection grid console, and makes the ship itself a single bay carrier.

With a Battle Cloaking faction, and a lack of Fed ships that can act as carriers, this might make it popular enough to sell a worthwhile amount.
I would like a Venture skin for it, I don't really see the Nebula having a hanger bay. Its just to small, the Galaxy would be more fit for the size to be a carrier.

I wouldn't mind seeing it with a Saucer Separation though!

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/i/20...er-d5a0wpq.jpg
Captain
# 3
05-15-2013, 11:47 AM
I love my Nebula and it's decloak console. My engineer has been officially designated a cloak detector with it (to give my engineer a use) works well so far in FvK pvp.

More skins are always a plus.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin
Captain
# 4
05-15-2013, 12:14 PM
Quote:

Nah.

I'd much rather they release a Magellan Class using the Venture saucer art and make the magellan a TRUE 'advanced research' ship... not the garbage failhybrid the nebula currently is.

Weapons:

4 fore
2 aft

(with 1 tac console its not a big deal..but it does make a difference for a sci-ability, forward arc sci ability emitting ship).

Boff Slots:

Cmdr Science
Lt Cmdr Science
Lt Cmdr Science
Lt Engineer
Lt Tactical.

Consoles:
4 engineering
5 science
1 tactical

Devices: 4

Shields: 1.35
Hull: 32000
Crew: 800

Sensor Analysis
Subsystem Targeting

Instead of a console the Magellan has a built in passive third ability: Scientific Method

This ability enables the Magellan, upon reaching 'full' sensor analysis on a target, to ignore all resists on target. This means shields have zero resists, hull has zero resists, power insulators don't counteract the magellan's flow cap based abilities, inertial dampeners do not counteract magellan's decompiler/graviton stat based abilities. Again: This only allows the magellan to benefit from this and no one else.
http://media.tumblr.com/160cacdb395f8340dac90864182ebe16/tumblr_inline_mx9yxhItkb1qg9pkt.jpg
Republic Veteran
# 5
05-15-2013, 07:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lianthelia View Post
I would like a Venture skin for it, I don't really see the Nebula having a hanger bay. Its just to small, the Galaxy would be more fit for the size to be a carrier.

Geko said the original Nebula didn't sell well is why there hasn't been a Venture version of it. A Sci Light Carrier might be more popular, it'd be similar to the Orion Flight Deck Cruisers, but in Sci flavor instead of Cruiser Flavor.
Captain
# 6
05-15-2013, 07:47 PM
Quote:
Geko said the original Nebula didn't sell well is why there hasn't been a Venture version of it. A Sci Light Carrier might be more popular, it'd be similar to the Orion Flight Deck Cruisers, but in Sci flavor instead of Cruiser Flavor.
The Venture skin for the Neb was Logan's side project - just as the Venture skin for the Galaxy X was. Once he left Cryptic there was no one to work on it in their spare time. There's not enough money to be made for a 2+ year old ship skin to actually assign it as work.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-15-2013, 08:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lianthelia View Post

TOO SMALL? The nebula has the same sized hangar deck as a galaxy, and it's much more massive than an Akira. It's got more than enough room, even discounting the idea of making a hangar mission pod.
Career Officer
# 8
05-15-2013, 09:22 PM
Neb is a cool ship, just got crappy stats and crappy (aka limited usefulness) unique console. Make the Sensor Pod a pair of hangers and it'd get alot more play.

Not to mention that for making 1 new mission pod graphic, Cryptic could sell a 'new' ship in the C-store. Sounds like good 'effort to profit' ratio to me.
Sometimes I think I play STO just to have stuff to rant about on the forums!

Captain
# 9
05-15-2013, 11:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dracounguis View Post
Neb is a cool ship, just got crappy stats and crappy (aka limited usefulness) unique console. Make the Sensor Pod a pair of hangers and it'd get alot more play.
It has great stats. Its problem is with the deficient and obsolete bridge officer stations.

1 Cmdr Sci
1 Lt Cmdr Eng
1 Lt Tac
1 Lt Universal
1 Ensign sci

This combination was supposed to make it a hybrid sci-cruiser but it failed utterly because the universal lt and ensign sci are basically triple redundant.

If you put a tac in the universal you get no real increase in damage. If you put a science in there its abilities are largely inconsequential. Put an engineer in there and it is mildly useful albeit eng timers interfere (emg pwr abilities).

The venture-ized nebula setup makes a lot more sense.

Heck, the old nebula would make sense if they just merged the ensign sci and lt universal into a lt cmdr science and made the Lt. tactical into a Lt Universal station.

Cmdr Science
Lt Cmdr Science
Lt Cmdr Engineer
Lt Universal

VOILA. You get a perfectly fixed T5 Nebula that can by hybrid cruiser-sci, fulfills its name of advanced research ship and its canon role as a multi-function, adaptable ship as the Lt Universal can be set as Tac for weaponry, ENG for extra tankyness or Sci for uber science abilities.
http://media.tumblr.com/160cacdb395f8340dac90864182ebe16/tumblr_inline_mx9yxhItkb1qg9pkt.jpg