Lt. Commander
# 2141
05-12-2013, 10:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deokkent View Post
I don't know, I don't even consider hose hard. When you first see it, it's intimidating with all those tac cubes, but after a couple of runs you get used to it. I pugged it the other night and we beat it with teammates having at least 10 injuries lol. Took about 30min (maybe even closer to an hour), missed every optional lol. People just need to learn not to engage every tac cubes on their own.
I still think the spheres are a greater threat than those cubes. Hell, double the number of tac cubes and remove the spheres and I'm betting it would be EASIER. I LIKE HOSE, but I tend to want at least a couple fleet mates with me if we're forced to pug (carrying 1 or 2 pugs is easy enough, more than that though. . .).

Quote:
Now into the hive (ground) is another story. It requires some good situational awareness, especially in the queen's room, or you're dead the moment you step in there. It too can be easily beat but it feels like you need to invest more thinking/effort, more so than any other STF mission.
I've done it twice. First time we blew through it (I think it was on tribble, been a bit though), the second time was an absolute slaughter and we never finished it. Really want to go back and do it again sometime. . .
Lieutenant
# 2142
05-13-2013, 10:23 PM
Wow... I've had a few that were close to being that bad. And usually it's CSN. In fact, it's almost ALWAYS CSN. And because of that, I now usually ask if everyone knows NOT to kill the cubes until all the probes are gone (unless they are all running huge dps, which in case I don't worry about it). But every so often, I do get ONE person who doesn't know. And when that one person blows up a cube, things usually go to Hell.

Today, it happened again. We had one guy barking orders from the start, which I didn't mind. He did sit for about 5 minutes defending the Kang, with him yelling that only two was needed. Kinda hard when there was a huge fleet of BoPs for some reason. After we thinned them out and me and another guy flew left and worked on probes while the orders guy went right while two hed the Kang. Then as the last probe blew I started heading center an noticed the player that was with me was attacking the cube. I told him to stop, and he listened and we bother went center with the orders guy. As we were working on center, I noticed another player started attacking the other cube. i yell out for them to stop, but they don't listen and finish off the cube. Things go downhill from there and within minutes, the Kang goes bye-bye.

My only thinking is that either that person blatantly ignored us or they had their chat off. Either way, it frustrates me when players have NO clue what they are doing in that stf.
Starfleet Veteran
# 2143
05-14-2013, 02:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by omegaher0 View Post
My only thinking is that either that person blatantly ignored us or they had their chat off. Either way, it frustrates me when players have NO clue what they are doing in that stf.
First and most important of all the rules for Noobes in CSN is, "Turn Chat Screen Off"
Lt. Commander
# 2144
05-15-2013, 12:52 AM
The day before yesterday I was in CSE with a "I know everything!" person in the team.

After a minute I figured that I was in a low DPS team. "OK, we can make it" was what I thought.
After a while I see in the chat the following "Guys, you know we need to finish within the 15 minutes to get the bonus, right?" I was like "Say what again!?". I cleared the middle cube and the as^2ole started shooting at the cube. I PM-ed him not to kill the cube. "I've done this a hundred times, this is how it's done" was the answer. "It's more like your fifth elite I guess", I answered. Eventually, he killed the cube, and I stopped playing for a minute, just to see how they can cope with the mess....I felt pity for the rest of the team so I got back in, but I decided not to use any buffs and put the scorpions on "recall" - that puts me in the "average PuG-er" DPS level (4k at best), just to demonstrate the difference. After 3 waves of Neghs I got tired and decided to end it.....and the result is another player in the "ignore" list.
Career Officer
# 2145
05-15-2013, 05:34 AM
I can see a good number of STF fails in months to come; assuming Romulan's can participate, there'll be a goodly number of players in Romulan fail set-ups!

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY
Captain
# 2146
05-15-2013, 10:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by satanailofhwbg View Post
The day before yesterday I was in CSE with a "I know everything!" person in the team.

After a minute I figured that I was in a low DPS team. "OK, we can make it" was what I thought.
After a while I see in the chat the following "Guys, you know we need to finish within the 15 minutes to get the bonus, right?" I was like "Say what again!?". I cleared the middle cube and the as^2ole started shooting at the cube. I PM-ed him not to kill the cube. "I've done this a hundred times, this is how it's done" was the answer. "It's more like your fifth elite I guess", I answered. Eventually, he killed the cube, and I stopped playing for a minute, just to see how they can cope with the mess....I felt pity for the rest of the team so I got back in, but I decided not to use any buffs and put the scorpions on "recall" - that puts me in the "average PuG-er" DPS level (4k at best), just to demonstrate the difference. After 3 waves of Neghs I got tired and decided to end it.....and the result is another player in the "ignore" list.
Wow, poor sportsmanship dude. You punished the entire team for the mistake of one person, by not helping out. I really hope they finished it without you (it's possible) and got their rewards.

Blowing a cube is a valid tactic by the way. It is one of the objective anyway lol.
Reality is WAR
KHG Klingon Honor Guard
Commander
# 2147
05-15-2013, 12:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deokkent View Post
Blowing a cube is a valid tactic by the way. It is one of the objective anyway lol.
In this example mister "I know it all" started my blowing up middle cube. Please remind us which one of generally accepted tactics calls for that, especially in low-dps team.
Captain
# 2148
05-15-2013, 12:37 PM
It is all the same whether it's left, middle or right. I don't know what you mean by low dps, but CSE takes planning and team coordination to finish without a fail. CSE doesn't require you to have over 10k dps to do it.

If by low dps builds means you are handicapped in some way in ship performance, then you shouldn't queue for elite misisons in the first place. Learn ship mechanics, how to build your boat right and after a couple of tutorial then you queue for elite missions. I recommend a few practice runs on normal though and after a couple of tries, only then you should be ready for elite missions.
Reality is WAR
KHG Klingon Honor Guard
Lt. Commander
# 2149
05-15-2013, 09:37 PM
I mean...in the end I switched to full trottle and finished a wing of Neghs, two or three probes and a cube for a minute. Low DPS means low DPS - like shooting at BoPs until they reach the Kang - do I need to explain more? And a total lack of CC skills. Do you mind telling me how you can successfully complete CSE without a 10k DPS ship in this very situation (namely MRL)? I rarely fail SFTs because the player base made me carry STFs. Everything I do complain now is just the annoying stuff that make me work harder for their loot. Or maybe doing 50% of the team's DPS isn't carrying?
Anyway, yesterday I clocked an ISE -NOT using any offensive buffs besides Sensor scan - i did not use fighters either. The results were better than I expected, which left me baffled as to how can soo many captains do low DPS!?

Last edited by satanailofhwbg; 05-15-2013 at 10:01 PM.
Career Officer
# 2150
05-16-2013, 12:49 AM
Not an STF as such, but nonetheless....

Just finished the drop dead WORST instance of Vault Ensnared ever.

First part: only three Reman ships rescued in the first part, and I rescued one of them single-handly in my Fleet Rhode Island.

Second part: Obisek had to activate the 'last resort' Thalaron weapon as the Tholian's completed the Vault web.

Third part: Only myself and someone in a low-DPS beam (though was at least single weapon type - Tetryon) Prometheus took on the flagship. Calls for assistance went ignored. The two of us weakened it significantly, but didn't manage to destroy it.

The epitome of 'fail' and I was actually quite surprised that I semi-offended someone by commenting on what an awful mission it had been afterward. We received all of 11 Romulan marks for that mess - I wish I'd just bailed on it.

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY

Last edited by reyan01; 05-16-2013 at 05:05 AM.