Go Back   Star Trek Online > Test Servers > Tribble - Bug Reports
Login

Commander
This is only happening on tribble, but when there's a lot of fighting, be it ships or ground, my effect sound will stop playing all together or maybe just a few sounds. the majority of the sounds like weapons fire don't play.
Career Officer
# 2
05-11-2013, 03:46 AM
Same here,

Heavy Combat I lose all sounds except the music, and a few sound effects that still play.
Ensign
# 3
05-11-2013, 03:48 AM
can confirm this
Survivor of Remus
# 4
05-14-2013, 11:11 PM
I noticed that with the weapon update in the last patch Romulan ground weaps got visual upgrades as well as sound effects changes. I also observed that in combat with several enemies the sounds seem to trample each other and you can only hear one or two weapons firing while everything else fades or is muted. (Ambient noise as well as specific combat sfx)
Lieutenant
# 5
05-14-2013, 11:42 PM
It seems almost as if the ambient or special sounds are drowning the regular weapon fire sounds completely.
Captain
# 6
05-15-2013, 12:10 AM
I've actually had this happen on Holodeck, usually in a massive space battle, like the 20 player fleet starbase defence. In heavy combat, weapon sounds cut out entirely.

Vice Admiral Laurence Corrin - USS Trafalgar
Captain Takaram ch'Rihan - USS Khellian
Captain Korax joH'a' vo'poH - USS Hartnell
General Hothkar, Son of Ta'lon - IKS oDwI'
Career Officer
# 7
05-15-2013, 03:58 AM
It is not isolated to just the Tribble test servers. It happens even on the live servers.

Try Crystalline Catastrophe.
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-15-2013, 01:34 PM
I've also noticed this. When things got too busy on screen, the audio would stop. No SFX, no BGM, nothing. No graphical glitches were observed in tandem with it and the audio would return after a minute or two without requiring any user interaction.

So far I've only observed this on Tribble, and even then only in the last week.
Career Officer
# 9
05-15-2013, 01:40 PM
I have experienced the same thing on holodeck. In great battles my green bean pew pew rapid fire makes less sound than shooting normally, alone in space. It happens only in spacebattles that include other players. In instances where there is only npc's everything behaves normally. Soundwise.
Vice Admiral Kerayz of the Federation of Misfits.
Ensign
# 10
11-16-2013, 01:55 PM
I can confirm this on HOLODECK LIVE SERVERS , its happening even on Small missions like revelation (Romulan). All sound disapears even in small combat except for the music and the occasional part of sound. But no weapons sounds or anything its like playing with nothing but the music on.