05-15-2013, 03:47 PM
Theres no reason not to have the Kestral
and it does the mission swiftly and with style
Captain
# 122
05-15-2013, 06:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f2pdrakron View Post
So let me get this ... the mission is fine because you loaded a bunch of pay consoles and were using a pay shuttle?

... riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

Edit:

Oh Rep gear on a what is this intended for? lv 30-40? mission?

... riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

Default shuttle, default gear, no DOFF ... this is how it should be beatable.
Your tone is irritating, more so because you are not getting what I'm saying. It is beatable like that. I was talking about doing it without being sent to the respawn at all. Or do you think you should be unkillable in white gear with no doffs? What's the point of gear in that case? If every mission can be completed without dying in default gear, where's the challenge?

I did it more than once. I mentioned the To'duj because it was particularly fun and didn't feel like any other STO mission.

On elite, I used theta and didn't die. Otherwise I died a few times on elite once I figured it out. The doffs would probably have made the difference, and replaying at cap with rep gear is something I'd definitely try because this mission is unique.

It's beatable on elite with default gear, but not without a few deaths in my experience. That seems about right, IMO.

If anybody wants to call for a nerf to this mission, give it another try focusing on the squad management and see if you change your opinion. That's what this mission really showcases.
Career Officer
# 123
05-16-2013, 05:10 AM
I found abducted to be long, and annoying to complete. I ended up wandering the same areas alot after clearing an eare, jsut becuase I took a worng turn somewhere in the dark with no map. I thought the engineer said they had emergancy power.. could we get a Few more lights on in there? The flashlight turns off as soon as yoiu're under fire. Which does not help combat much either.

Last stand... well i jsut got my D'deridex.. and while it's not the mission specifically... those elachi ships where Styill faster than my ship when I had them in tractor beams.
When defednign the photons station, the elachi ships kept dropping warp cores as loot. Not all of them, but the three that dropped loot, dropped a warp core.
I stopped and left during candkle in a hurricane. 20 minutes, and still on wave one. I had not blown up once, this that's no really a problem, but.. elechi endurance+speed does not make it easy to play through in a D'Deridex. Now the dialogue said soemthing about only handling the battleships, that'd have been better except there was only one in I assume the first wave, and the station shuttles were all gone in seconds. so I had no support.. I actually even called in some pirartes.. which did no good either. Maybe I'll come back to this and try to f8inish it when i have morwe time, opr maybe I'll go back and get my mogai out again, but for now I have to quit.
Ensign
# 124
05-16-2013, 12:43 PM
I'm going to try to keep this brief.

Up to this point, I've been really intrigued by the Romulan story line, like a great TV show, I couldn't wait to see what happened next.

Then I got to this Vengeance story arc, and after finishing it, I didn't just hate it, I despised it.

My D'Deridex ship didn't last past Abducted, it just wasn't fun, and no amount of 'situational' ability was going to make that ship worthwhile. I replaced it with a Zen store San Paulo, chucked the quad cannon for a full set of plasma DHC's.

Last Stand - Here things went pretty well, so I farmed it for the good Mk VIII weapons until the ship was full of them. I'm noticing some interesting things about Elachi space abilities and tactics that I was hoping to see explained in the story, to no avail.

Best Defense - Great Idea, and in my opinion, Horrible execution. I disliked it enough that I just choose to zerg thru it, rather than regear for doing it more properly.

Turnabout - No real issues with the first part of this mission, then I defeat the captain, and before I can shut down the destruct sequence, it feels like I had to fight the whole remaining crew. Surely this is the most defective destruct sequence ever. The ship should have surely blown up with me on it before I got to disable it. Then on "Hold the Pylon" there was 2 minutes left, where I mostly just waited with nothing to do.

Devil's Choice - After everything that vessel had just been thru, it just works fine? No Elachi tech discloser, no damage control, just "Next"? A prime chance to put some real Star Trek feel to the mission, but we just move on. Take a lesson from the Doomsday Machine episode you guys wrote here. This mission succeeded in getting me emotionally involved, but did nothing stimulate me on an intellectual level. Not a bad mission so far, but it didn't 'feel' real, could have been epic, was just ok.

Then I got back to New Romulas. Seriously? You've got to be kidding. This was beyond pointless. Before it was over, I was hoping for a loss condition, to no avail. Before it was over, I was rooting for the Elachi to win. To have this as the ending pretty much ruined the whole story arc for me.

Mainly, this was due to Elachi space mechanics, which is a separate topic all on its own. Apparently the rules and restrictions the rest of the game has to abide by, don't apply to the Elachi.

Indestructible High Yield Torpedoes, for an example. But that is just the begining.

I think I would have had better luck soloing an Admiral level, normal STF, as a captain.

Was this suppose to be the epic crowning jewel, to what before this, has been a truly epic story?
Rihannsu
# 125
05-16-2013, 01:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redricky View Post
Your tone is irritating, more so because you are not getting what I'm saying.
No, I got what you are saying that is the mission is perfectible winnable when you use a pay **** and pay consoles.

Quote:
It is beatable like that.
Its not a question of is, its a question of if.

Quote:
I was talking about doing it without being sent to the respawn at all. Or do you think you should be unkillable in white gear with no doffs?
Yes, this mission should not kill the player ... or you think the Vault should require dozens of respawn?

This is the very first Small Craft mission for Romulan players, this is also potentially the very first Small Craft mission for new players.

Quote:
What's the point of gear in that case? If every mission can be completed without dying in default gear, where's the challenge?
STFs can be completed with out of the shipyard gear, not because they are easy but because the missions are straightforward enough for itemization not being a requirement, only player knowledge and group play.

If you die the question is why I die and there is a difference of dying the Vault because the Mogai detected me and killed me and dying because I am outnumbered 10:1, I can and have done The Vault on "shipyard gear" ... I done it with a Type 8 shuttle.

Quote:
I did it more than once. I mentioned the To'duj because it was particularly fun and didn't feel like any other STO mission.
You did it using a pay shuttle, people who this will end up doing it on the free shuttle because they are TRICKED into getting it by a previous mission and this is the very first Small Craft mission they do.

Quote:
On elite, I used theta and didn't die. Otherwise I died a few times on elite once I figured it out. The doffs would probably have made the difference, and replaying at cap with rep gear is something I'd definitely try because this mission is unique.
Who cares if its unique, its not optional and forced into the faction progression.

Quote:
It's beatable on elite with default gear, but not without a few deaths in my experience. That seems about right, IMO.
So are STFs ... and no, its not "about right".

Quote:
If anybody wants to call for a nerf to this mission, give it another try focusing on the squad management and see if you change your opinion. That's what this mission really showcases.
You mean a mechanic that is used once and never again? What is the reward of this mission again? a engine battery or something?

And no, this isnt a STF or a Fleet Action, this is a story mission and required for leveling due to its placement on the list, this is what you dont get or dont want to understand.

The very fact we are having this argument says all, the mission is BROKEN ... after the Vault I might, MIGHT agree with your point but its not after the Vault is it? its also not a lv 50 optional mission either ... its a REQUIRED STORY MISSION.
Romulans ...
You start your career off as a simple farmer... then you launch yourself into a galaxy filled with intrigue, power plays, and high stakes games of interstellar conflict, as your career careens upwards onto your final destination ... a level capped Dilithium and Fleet Mark Farmer!
Rihannsu
# 126
05-16-2013, 02:11 PM
Actually, caustic plasma weapons are a pretty sweet reward... and you can get more of those on mission replays too.

I'm not sure how you can get a pay-shuttle on a Romulan character right now - I do know I took the time to shop around the shuttles and decided to buy myself the Kestrel Runabout.

The mission didn't get frustratingly difficult, but it did get me killed a few time. A few respawns later, I found ways to make myself less vulnerable... but in comparison to the Vault, this mission is indeed much deadlier so I do relate with Drakron on that level.

I think the symptom of the problem, as I observed it, is that the allied shuttles didn't have all that much staying power, which resulted in squadrons being destroyed and not being renewed fast enough. By the next pitched fight i got into, all the enemy squadron gets to focus on my Kestrel - that usually resulted in my death.

As long as the mission can be balanced so that you can reliably avoid being overpowered that way, I'd see it as a good thing. I'm loathe to suggest less enemies because when those dogfights are in full swings it's actually pretty entertaining and I wouldn't want it to get more easy. However, if survavibility due to attrition could be improved, that'd be a plus in my opinion.
Mhae ir-Virinat t'Rillas, R.R.W Temer
Career Officer
# 127
05-16-2013, 03:04 PM
this mission will not allow progress either so now there are two missions Ive found so far that dont work. The first is The Undying Hassans ship doesn't spawn, and the second is one of the incubation chambers will not allow progress no consoles are able to be activated in that room and the door on the farside is glitched too it starts to open then will not complete the process. I submitted a ticket last weekend about the Bug in Undying and it appears nothing has been fixed as of yet and launch is only six days away.
Empire Veteran
# 128
05-16-2013, 07:02 PM
Please! For the love of God/Buddha/Allah/Satan/Ganesh/(insert your deity here)

SHORTEN LAST STAND!!!

I think I got carpal tunnel!

Thank you, you may resume normal forming.
VADM William "Darkshadow" Shadow | Join Date: Apr 2009 |
USS Immortal NX-93608-F (Oddyssey Tactical Cruiser)
VADM Rogueshadow IRW Kirino Kosaka (Valdore Retrofit)
LT General Morbo IKS Karac (Bortasqu War Cruiser)
LT General Posu IKS Saya Takagi (Chel Grett Warship)
Rihannsu
# 129
05-16-2013, 08:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by umaeko View Post
Actually, caustic plasma weapons are a pretty sweet reward... and you can get more of those on mission replays too.

I'm not sure how you can get a pay-shuttle on a Romulan character right now - I do know I took the time to shop around the shuttles and decided to buy myself the Kestrel Runabout.

The mission didn't get frustratingly difficult, but it did get me killed a few time. A few respawns later, I found ways to make myself less vulnerable... but in comparison to the Vault, this mission is indeed much deadlier so I do relate with Drakron on that level.

I think the symptom of the problem, as I observed it, is that the allied shuttles didn't have all that much staying power, which resulted in squadrons being destroyed and not being renewed fast enough. By the next pitched fight i got into, all the enemy squadron gets to focus on my Kestrel - that usually resulted in my death.

As long as the mission can be balanced so that you can reliably avoid being overpowered that way, I'd see it as a good thing. I'm loathe to suggest less enemies because when those dogfights are in full swings it's actually pretty entertaining and I wouldn't want it to get more easy. However, if survavibility due to attrition could be improved, that'd be a plus in my opinion.
My main gripe with it is that the enemy shuttles seem to respawn until you take out the Walker they're guarding.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Lt. Commander
# 130
05-16-2013, 09:57 PM
I have to agree, it was disappointing not getting to see some of the Elachi weapons in Devil's Choice.
I read all the mission despcription before hand and was so hyped up for being able to fly an Elachi vessel, especially since they where kicking our butts since the begining, just disappointing