Ensign
# 1 Gorn Body Customization
05-14-2013, 11:10 PM
I was making a Gorn to test out the new Klingon starter mission and I couldn't make him as thin as my live Gorn since there are new options for customizing the upper body. Is this intentional to have all Gorn be extra beefy looking and will my Gorn on live be affected by this change. I personally like him looking more thin like a lizard and not thick like a crocodile.
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-14-2013, 11:54 PM
according to the lore gorn are rather beefy types, but I agree new body appearance options give less appealing effect then older, simpler but more accurate ones
Career Officer
# 3
05-15-2013, 12:42 AM
Yeah I noticed that too. You can't make them much shorter than 2m (6'4") and the Physique slider is gone so you can't slim them down.

I really liked that slider. I was hoping all other species would be getting it (since it was introduced when the Gorn were redesigned a couple years back) instead of reverting the Gorn to the original sliders for torso bulk and stomach.

Plus the Gorn Technical caste is supposed to be smaller than the Soldiers.

I've got a Gorn techie youngster on my KDF main's crew and I'd like to keep him scaled on the shrimpy side for RP purposes. It wouldn't be the end of the world for me if he suddenly grows 20cm and puts on 20 kilos, but it would be more than a little annoying.

"I won't try to hide behind the Law if what I stand for is what's Right."

The Masterverse Timeline / Ten Forward Fanfics
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-15-2013, 02:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sander233 View Post
true, but smaller compared to ~7' 300lb soldiers mind you
I'd say they still dwarf most humans
Ensign
# 5
05-15-2013, 04:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sander233 View Post

Ya my Gorn is a science officer so I thought it also fit him that he wasn't beefy.
Survivor of Romulus
# 6
05-15-2013, 04:05 PM
My favorite Gorn (got three) Vorr is fairly small
especially when stood next to Slassh his tactical and torpedo officer

but yes slim would be better still
Rihannsu
# 7
05-15-2013, 06:59 PM
I need to look into this, but if this is permanent, it's rage worthy.
I am a Cheestah.
Check out my Foundry missions
Fed: "To Helna and Back", "Rema Donna", "Animations with Helna", "Mudd's Weapons", "Waiting for Wednesday", "Monolith"
KDF: "Time the Enemy", "Time the Ally", "Time the Traitor"
Starfleet Veteran
# 8
05-15-2013, 07:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehavraha View Post
I need to look into this, but if this is permanent, it's rage worthy.
Looking over it again, I'm not sure that anything was changed. They removed physique and bulk but added stomach size and torso bulk which seem to achieve the same look.

Last edited by wilv; 05-15-2013 at 07:40 PM.
Rihannsu
# 9
05-15-2013, 08:05 PM
No, it's DEFINITELY different. You cannot make tiny skinny Gorn now, or even huge ones. You have to make default sized Gorn.
I am a Cheestah.
Fed: "To Helna and Back", "Rema Donna", "Animations with Helna", "Mudd's Weapons", "Waiting for Wednesday", "Monolith"
Rihannsu
# 10
05-15-2013, 08:46 PM
It's the lack of the bulk slider that's the problem. There's no way to make a Gorn skinny, or varying in shape and size anymore.

If you import the costume of a skinny Gorn from Holodeck into Tribble, the Gorn does indeed APPEAR as being skinny, but if you adjust the sliders all the way to max, there's no way in Hell to get the Gorn to appear even "normal" in size, let alone huge and bulky.

When this goes live on Holodeck, players with Gorn of different bulks and physiques are going to be stuck with those settings on those costumes.
I am a Cheestah.