Commander
# 11
05-15-2013, 08:32 PM
This is funny, as soon as i started to read this forum my launcher froze trying to ore-patch. You guys made it farther then me, im froze at 32%. im problly just not gunna pre-patch at all untill actual launch.

"This is Fleet Commander BumBle!..
Vice Admiral of the U.S.S. Prometheus!..
I order you to lower your shields and weapons or ill be forced to fire upon you!!!"
Lt. Commander
# 12 patch freeze
05-16-2013, 12:51 AM
same problem here. no other program is running. no problem with firewall. logged in as admin. everything (hardware, etc) is up to date. enough space available. freezes always at other percentage. tried with EU proxy for the patch and tried with disabling on-demand patching. nothing works. please fix.

and:

always start from 0? has to be a bad joke!

Last edited by asches1; 05-16-2013 at 01:26 AM.
Republic Veteran
# 13
05-16-2013, 01:33 AM
the lancher is not frozen all...it's just one BIG A@@ patch....don't expect to patch over 5 gigs of data in 2 minutes....more like a few hours lol
"If everyone used Macs, we'd be working on how to get to Alpha Centauri rather than how to get to Mars."
Captain
# 14
05-16-2013, 02:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirisee View Post
the lancher is not frozen all...it's just one BIG A@@ patch....don't expect to patch over 5 gigs of data in 2 minutes....more like a few hours lol
Ugh... the progress % and kb patched gets FROZEN. The guys are not talking about slow progress. It doesn't take a detective for anyone to know a massive update takes long to patch. But the pre-patcher gets stuck. Me? Stuck at 47%. Exiting, logging in and then out for the pre-patcher to activate again doesn't do anything. It counts again, but freezes after a few seconds. Restarting the pre-patcher AGAIN shows no new progress on kb patched.

This utility is utter and complete FAIL.
Ensign
# 15
05-16-2013, 02:02 AM
Same error, patch freezing at 46%

Quit / relaunch STO again and now it's all ok
Captain
# 16
05-16-2013, 02:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by buf0rdtjust1ce View Post
Here's the reply I got from Perfect World:

Hello!

Please try the following suggestions first. They are common solutions to issues with the game, and also in doing so, it helps us narrow down the possible cause of your issue.

In the Launcher, go to Options and check 'Disable On-Demand' patching. See if this works.

You can then try to 'Force-Verify' to make sure your files are not corrupt or missing.

You can also try to run in Safe Mode as well.

Here are some other possible solutions if you have not already done so:

Make sure the game and your drivers (graphics, network, sound, motherboard, etc) are fully updated.

You may have to be on a Windows Admin account, or have Run as Admin access (right-click and select run as administrator) to be able to download, install, update, and run the game. If on Windows Vista or 7, you may have to change the level of your UAC settings or turn them off temporarily.

You can try trying the compatibility mode of the game launcher. Right-click, go to properties, and go to the Compatibility tab. Check the 'Run this program in....." and try different modes, such as XP Compatibly mode.

You can try adding the game folder/files to your exceptions list in your antivirus and firewall software. Please see the help menu or support website for the software that you use if you aren't sure how to do it.

At your own risk, you may have to disable your antivirus, firewall, and other security software temporarily while you download, install, update, login to, and play the game. Sometimes the security software will block it or throttle it, no matter what you try or even if you try to add exceptions for the game files in your security software.

Stop any processes that may be interfering with the networking and causing issues with your connection.

Remove/Uninstall any unnecessary programs such as toolbars or Pando Media Booster.

**You may also need to close programs such as Teamviewer, DisplayFusion, and Mumble

You may need to uninstall the game, making sure to remove any excess files, then re-install it.

If the above does not work, please respond with answers to the following:

1) What exactly did you try from the above, and what were the results? (If you have tried them already, let us know exactly which you have tried)

Regards,

The Perfect World Tech Support Team

I'll post an update if any of this works...
This looks like one of those messages when tech support has absolutely no idea what's going on, much less fixing the issue. Simply a quick message to throw at you in hopes of getting you off their backs if only for another few minutes so that someone else deals with you.
Republic Veteran
# 17
05-16-2013, 04:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by warmaker001b View Post
This looks like one of those messages when tech support has absolutely no idea what's going on, much less fixing the issue. Simply a quick message to throw at you in hopes of getting you off their backs if only for another few minutes so that someone else deals with you.
I tried this, and now instead of getting stuck at 46% i am stuck at 0%.
Ensign
# 18
05-16-2013, 04:21 AM
I'll just wait the official launch and see what it will happen.

Last edited by ansyx; 05-16-2013 at 05:41 AM.
Rihannsu
# 19
05-16-2013, 06:04 AM
The pre-patch worked fine on my main CPU where I also had Tribble installed, but on my Laptop it froze and won't progress any further.

There was a similar issue on Tribble with the patch that introduced all the new textures - it just froze on one file and wouldn't move forward.
Lt. Commander
# 20
05-16-2013, 07:50 AM
please just give me some spot to download the patch every time it breaks. and I have 100mb connection tribble patches fine.