Captain
# 21
05-16-2013, 03:56 AM
Just play the Mirror Event over and over again if the Romulan missions bother you too much. It's the most effective way of leveling a character anyway and I can guarantee that the queues will be flooded with players of all ranks when LoR hits.
Captain
# 22
05-16-2013, 03:56 AM
I fully respect your opinion, OP. However, I respectfully disagree with your 'proposal'.

I think the story being told in the mission is a bit.. uncomfortable?.. and becomes a very personal experience as a result of that. It is a bit dark and deals with things outside of the player's control, but the story also continues and you make it out of a very dangerous situation. It reminds me a bit of the episodes of trek(TNG and Voyager) where people get assimilated and then have to escape the Borg's clutches(obviously with a Romulan take on things). It is probably the most memorable mission in the game so far.
Rihannsu
# 23
05-16-2013, 03:58 AM
Thanks Everyone.. Turns out i didnt get the defiant title.. oh well.. i DID get the undying title though ..
Career Officer
# 24
05-16-2013, 04:10 AM
So there's a title now. Curious... I thought part of the missions appeal was that it made you question if doing the opposite of what you are being told is always the right decision. Spoiler in a spoilery thread:

Injuring the prisoner during the implantation process only increases his suffering but doesn't change anything regarding what the Tal Shiar wants.
FKA K-Tar, grumpy Klingon/El-Aurian hybrid. Now assimilated by PWE.
Sometimes, if you want to bury the hatchet with a Klingon, it has to be in his skull. - Captain K'Tar of the USS Danu about J'mpok.
Starfleet Veteran
# 25
05-16-2013, 04:18 AM
You remember that time during "The Best of Both Worlds" where the Borg suddenly stopped their assault on the Federation because Picard was upset with the choices he was being forced to make as Locutus...No? Me neither.
---------------------------------------------------
U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-91771 - Nebula-class
Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
Dedication Plaque: "Leave nothing unattempted" - James Cook
Survivor of Romulus
# 26
05-16-2013, 04:47 AM
Love this mission, I remember a TNG episode where Geordie LaForge was brainwashed into attempting to assassinate a Klingon governor.
It gives you an insight into how Tal Shiar get spies to work for them.

Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by reginamala78 View Post
The stick Cryptic keep bringing out isn't to discourage you from playing, its to discourage you from playing incorrectly. The beatings will continue until morale improves.
Survivor of Romulus
# 27
05-16-2013, 05:06 AM
Personally I hated the mission because of the fact that you effectively have no control over what you are doing. Just as I strongly dislike it when they do this type of story in any show or movie but I can sort of live with it because it is needed for the overall story.

I agree that this particular mission needs a trigger warning or at least a general warning about the distasteful aspects of it. IMHO the first half could have been a cut scene and the rest of the mission played by the player that would have been less distasteful to mebut I am not writing the story.
Career Officer
# 28
05-16-2013, 05:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crappyturbo View Post
Personally I hated the mission because of the fact that you effectively have no control over what you are doing. Just as I strongly dislike it when they do this type of story in any show or movie but I can sort of live with it because it is needed for the overall story.
So you don't like that it has mission objectives that have to be completed in order to successfully complete the mission just like every other mission in the game.

Slightly off topic, It's been a while since I played the KDF but I recall a mission where Klingons are going around killing tribbles. Is that still in the game? If so why doesn't the OP and the other complainers have a problem with being forced to murder pregnant pets?

Smacks of hypocrisy to me.

I'm filing this complaint in the same circular filing cabinet with the Borg are sexist complaint.
Career Officer
# 29
05-16-2013, 05:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crappyturbo View Post

I agree that this particular mission needs a trigger warning or at least a general warning about the distasteful aspects of it. IMHO the first half could have been a cut scene and the rest of the mission played by the player that would have been less distasteful to mebut I am not writing the story.
Being distasteful is the whole point of the mission. You are supposed to hate it. A cutscene wouldn't have that effect.
FKA K-Tar, grumpy Klingon/El-Aurian hybrid. Now assimilated by PWE.
Sometimes, if you want to bury the hatchet with a Klingon, it has to be in his skull. - Captain K'Tar of the USS Danu about J'mpok.
Survivor of Romulus
# 30
05-16-2013, 06:01 AM
I hated the mission for how it was done, with the fact that that you have no choice but to do distasteful actions with the illusion of choice to complete the mission, the fact that it is NEEDED for the overall story I can live with. It is the people that play this game that will whine and complain about it with out thinking about the story aspects of the mission that will probably cause problems with it.

The warning should still be put in because it can trigger painful memories or experiences for some people

Last edited by crappyturbo; 05-16-2013 at 06:05 AM. Reason: edited for clarification