Career Officer
# 121
05-15-2013, 11:32 AM
All I have to say is kudos to Cryptic for getting me to bite on something I never thought I'd bite on.
44th Fleet
Rihannsu
# 122
05-15-2013, 12:04 PM
Loving the Haakona. I was hoping we'd see a ship like Tactical Assault's Rommy dreadnought, especially since we already have the Klingon one in the Vo'quv.
Lt. Commander
# 123
05-15-2013, 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
It sounds like you didn't complete your transaction. Did you receive an email stating you need to click a link to complete? Here it is: https://billing.perfectworld.com/stolegacy/complete (or https://billing.perfectworld.com/stostarter/complete if it's the starter pack). Once you do that, log out and back in and check again

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Thanks Brandon, I never got the e-mail with that link. Just clicked it, waited and it shows as completed and in now.
Starfleet Veteran
# 124
05-16-2013, 06:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scurry5 View Post
Hmm, while yes, I should have included the lost profit of future sales in the marginal cost, I think that what Cryptic is assuming is that the economic cost (I forgot this fundamental) due to lost sales is outweighed by the revenue gained by increased Legacy pack sales. In other words, people who would have bought some ships and stopped there, but now wish to spend a bit more to get the entire package. Therefore, it would make economic sense to top up the package, so that some people who may not have been interested in the new ship, but had been considering buying the entire package, would be tipped over into purchasing.

Ah, I'm thinking about it this way: since they add something to the pack, MC increases. However, perceived marginal benefit, and thus demand, increases, given that there is more in the pack (assume the pack is a single good). So, Cryptic assumes that increase in quantity demanded outweighs reduced profit-per-unit, I guess. Given this assumption, topping up would make economic sense, assuming profit maximisation.

Besides, if we're using pure economic theory, there is no 'satisfactory' level of profit anyway. It's all about getting the maximum.
A good argument on this topic would be good to help me out in my studying for my economics degree, so fire away!

Your assumptions are correct, indeed Cryptic weighs the costs of future lost profits against the odds to sell more packs (if packs offer more value for money), which I would agree to your conclusion, that the chances to sell more packs with higher content level outpaces the "future sunk profit". My original statement was, that I assumed, that Cryptic sales numbers were lower than they expected, and thats why they topped the legacy pack. As some ignorant guys doubted that, it was necessary to back up this assumption (which to someone with half brain only would appear logic in itself initially, but never mind).

Actually my whole OP was moved into the wrong forum anyway, as my main statement was, no matter how much they will put into a legacy pack, I am not going to buy it any more, cause I dont like the dev`s attitude towards community complains (which in my opinion is mainly "ignoring"). Luckily many new players get into the game and purchase all the stuff now, so the future of this game is secured.

For the noob, claiming that 500Zen monthly income from LTS is the only income, you forget that per toon you can convert around 240.000 dili per month (converted on a varying exchange rate, lets say 150) would be 1600 ZEN per month per toon. So if you have 5 toons, you get 8000 Zen per month anyway, so the 500 dont really kick in. Don't tell me, that you dont know how to farm 8000 dili ore in 15 min per day....
I dont care trollers opinion, but I defend my position against "ohh Cryptic is so fantastic" guys, simple as that.
It`s ok, no need to answer again, you pay, I dont any more.

Last edited by roejspinodji; 05-16-2013 at 06:40 AM.
Career Officer
# 125
05-16-2013, 06:58 AM
Still wishing there was something else in the Starter pack - a decent ground weapon perhaps? Nothing special - but something a little better than the bog-standard drop fare.

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY
Starfleet Veteran
# 126
05-16-2013, 07:29 PM
Well,, as a lifer who has already spent WAAAAAY to much money on this game and has 12,000 zen in my account just WAITING to be spent,, that incidently was ALL bought with REAL money ( if a credit card can be considered real money) I have to say COngrats to Mr. C ryptic and his team for once again seperating me from my money!
Granted it took some doing, and for a while it looked like i want going to get hooked.,.. but that ship,, OW MAN,, THAT FRACKEN BEUTIFUL SHIP!!!!!!!!! I LOVE THE SHINY NEW SHIP!!!!!!!!!

I've been playing this game since open beta.. bought a one year sub after 30 minutes of playing the beta!!! Am i stupid? Definetly.. could i spend my money on more important things,, most likely... Do i care that ive spent well over $1200 on computer pixels and 1's and 0's that i will never actually get to touch? NOPE!

Thanks to the Devs for making STO what it is today! Something to suck my wallet dry, and suck my life away!!!!! In all seriouness... this game has definetly come a long way,,, sure i ***** and complain,, but im an american,, if we dont have something to complain about,, we arent happy!!! Keep up the good work,, and keep making the new shiny things so i can spend my money on SOMETHING besides Beer and hookers!
Fleet Admiral In charge of Bacon
Fighting 5th Attack Squadron
The Devils Henchman
Survivor of Romulus
# 127
05-17-2013, 03:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roejspinodji View Post
For the noob, claiming that 500Zen monthly income from LTS is the only income, you forget that per toon you can convert around 240.000 dili per month (converted on a varying exchange rate, lets say 150) would be 1600 ZEN per month per toon. So if you have 5 toons, you get 8000 Zen per month anyway, so the 500 dont really kick in. Don't tell me, that you dont know how to farm 8000 dili ore in 15 min per day....
I dont care trollers opinion, but I defend my position against "ohh Cryptic is so fantastic" guys, simple as that.
It`s ok, no need to answer again, you pay, I dont any more.
Insulting me by referring to me as a noob (and you can claim you aren't directing this at me if you like, but I'd love to know to whom you ARE referring) is the sign of a desperate mind.
First, I did not claim 500Zen from LTS was the only income of Zen but you chose to read it that way. I stated that it was a benefit if you do not purchase Zen directly any more (which you don't). And I love your snide attempt at making me look dumb by that "farming dil" bit in your post... bless you for trying but "the 500 dont really kick in" is inaccurate... what you mean is it doesn't make a difference - "doesn't kick in" would mean it doesn't work/happen. This is not grammar or spelling correction, btw, more a correction of the innapropriate use of slang.
Secondly, I am not trolling, simply going against your opinion (which is very much that - YOUR opinion). If you do not like people going against your opinion, why post it in a public forum?
Thirdly, could you point to exactly where I stated anything which even hints that I believe "ohh Cryptic is so fantastic"? I think you'll be hard pressed to do so, because it is not something I have even hinted at.

I do note, by the way, that you didn't answer my previous question about your preference for how Cryptic should deal with your large number of bug reports.

You do not pay any more, that's fine, and your prerogative. I do not dispute your right to pay or not, or complain, but I do think that you gave poor reasons for interpreting Cryptic's decision to include more items in the Legacy Pack. Thus far, you have not convinced me that your conclusions on this matter are even close to valid. As to your complaints about the LTS, you haven't even come close to answering my questions to you on that count either.