Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Shipyards
Login

Captain
# 31
05-16-2013, 02:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoggymack22 View Post
You know what a calzone is but not a stromboli?
no, i do not know what a stromboli is, and neither does google when i search for "stromboli italian dish", only ristoranti named stromboli show up...
care to link it? i'm curious now since i love italian food.

anyway, this going far offtopic...so nevermind
Go pro or go home
Captain
# 32
05-16-2013, 02:17 AM
You will have fun with this ship, no matter what people tell you, it can be fun to fly if built right.

Harden up Princess
Looking for an Oceanic fleet? Check out our website:
www.ausmonauts.com

Last edited by nagrom7; 05-16-2013 at 03:19 AM.
Captain
# 33
05-16-2013, 09:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baudl View Post
and neither does google
Google knows exactly what a stromboli is.
Captain
# 34
05-16-2013, 09:37 AM
Quote:
Google knows exactly what a stromboli is.
obvious troll is obvious!
add something to the topic or leave, kkthxbb
Go pro or go home

Last edited by baudl; 05-16-2013 at 09:39 AM.
Captain
# 35
05-16-2013, 09:45 AM
Quote:
obvious troll is obvious!
add something to the topic or leave, kkthxbb
Seriously man, your ability to use google leaves a lot to be desired and calls into question any and all advice you've given in this thread.

You claim google doesn't give any information on what a stromboli is. Yet you didn't google search ... STROMBOLI.

You searched Stromboli Italian Dish.

You could have just searched Stromboli. It's there.

You could have searched Stromboli Italian food.

You could have searched Stromboli Calzone (and found out that there's a lot of people asking the question about what the difference is between them).

Instead you chose to do one off the wall search and not follow that up with any other searches.

And I find it quite odd that when just typing in the word stromboli into your google search field, google didn't offer its own suggestions on how to complete that search, such as stromboli recipe that flashes up everytime I try to type the word stromboli.

The biggest punchline of this entire farce? I was originally going to say calzone in my analogy instead of stromboli.

So, as I was always trying to point out ... Your offer of assisting the OP in his choice of pizza toppings by suggesting he get something else entirely is much more of a troll than my joke about him getting a JHAS. Why? Because this type of behavior infects thread after thread after thread.

No, the best build for a tactical odyssey is NOT to run an Aux2Batt Excelsior.
Captain
# 36
05-16-2013, 01:09 PM
Quote:
Seriously man, your ability to use google leaves a lot to be desired and calls into question any and all advice you've given in this thread.

You claim google doesn't give any information on what a stromboli is. Yet you didn't google search ... STROMBOLI.

You searched Stromboli Italian Dish.

You could have just searched Stromboli. It's there.

You could have searched Stromboli Italian food.

You could have searched Stromboli Calzone (and found out that there's a lot of people asking the question about what the difference is between them).

Instead you chose to do one off the wall search and not follow that up with any other searches.

And I find it quite odd that when just typing in the word stromboli into your google search field, google didn't offer its own suggestions on how to complete that search, such as stromboli recipe that flashes up everytime I try to type the word stromboli.

The biggest punchline of this entire farce? I was originally going to say calzone in my analogy instead of stromboli.

So, as I was always trying to point out ... Your offer of assisting the OP in his choice of pizza toppings by suggesting he get something else entirely is much more of a troll than my joke about him getting a JHAS. Why? Because this type of behavior infects thread after thread after thread.

No, the best build for a tactical odyssey is NOT to run an Aux2Batt Excelsior.
srsly, go troll somebody else
Go pro or go home
Captain
# 37
05-16-2013, 01:56 PM
Quote:
srsly, go troll somebody else
You are using the word troll improperly. I think you should google search it and get a better idea of what the phrase means in the modern vernacular.

And just so the OP doesn't lose sight of the point I've so clearly made at your expense ...

The best build for a tactical Odyssey isn't switching to an Excelsior.
Captain
# 38
05-18-2013, 04:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hasukurobi View Post
http://youtu.be/Mcu9F7xlJos?t=15m59s

^This is a great build for a really potent Odyssey. The only other way I would go about it is to ditch Antiprotons in favor of Romulan Plasma of the same types. Get the Experimental Romulan Plasma Array for up front in place of a Dual Beam Bank and grab the Romulan Hyper Torpedo and Zero Point console to get the full Romulan console/weapon set bonus for extra damage and a wicked debuff/DoT/direct to hull attack.
Nice Tac Oddy althought I still like my single cannons.

I would of put neutronium hull plating instead of the sif seeing you aren't useing eng team.
Age StarTrek-Gamers Administrator
USS WARRIOR NCC 1720 Commanding Officer
Star Trek Gamers
Captain
# 39
05-19-2013, 04:41 PM
I've flown an Odyssey for quite a while, and even asked before on these forums whether or not the ship was worth it, received mixed replies, and then I just out and got the bugger. However I would recommend you get the Oddy 3 pack, since the Chevron sep is just wonderful. However if you are just using the Tac Oddy, here's a build that I know works VERY well in STFs (since you seem to want a PvE build):

Shields: MACO Resilient Shield Array mk XII
Engines: Assimilated Subtranswarp Engines mk XII
Deflector: MACO Graviton Deflector Array mk XII

Weapons:
Fore: Wide Angle Quantum Torpedo/Romulan Hyper Plasma Torpedo/Some Quantum Torp, 3x Disruptor Beam Array mk XII (your choice of modifiers)
Aft: Kinetic Cutting Beam, 3x Disruptor Beam Array mk XII (again, your choice of modifiers)

Consoles:
Tactical: Disruptor Induction Coilx3 (mk level and rarity is based on what you can afford, but mk XI blues work fine and are relatively cheap)

Engineering: 3x Neutronium, 1x Monotanium/2x Neutronium, 2x Monotanium (that is just preference, I personally would go with the second one, since most of the Borg damage comes from their Torps of doom)

Science: Assimilated Module, Zero Point Energy Conduit, Chevron Separation/Emitter Array (only if you don't have the Chevron sep)

Boff Layout:
LtCmdr Universal: TS1, BFAW2, APO1/APB2 (personal preference is APO1, but APB is probably better overall for damage)
Ens Universal: HE1
Lt Tactical: TT1, APB1
Lt Science: HE1, TSS2
Cmdr Engineering: ET1, EPtW2, EPtS3, Aux2SIF3

DOff Layout:
Conn Officerx2 Purple
DCE x2 Purple/Blue
WCE Purple/Blue

The only ones required as purple are the Conn Officers, the other 3 can be blues and work almost as well.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.