Lt. Commander
# 11
05-15-2013, 08:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neok182 View Post
You get a green MK XI one by doing the Nimbus III missions.
That was added only after requests; first implementation of the zone only had a Singularity Core as a reward. And as of yesterday, the Replay reward for that mission didn't offer one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neok182 View Post
Other than that, you can buy one from the dil store and eventually exchange.
As opposed to the Klingons and Romulans, who can get them while gaining levels through missions.
Vice Admiral Elaron, USS Sky Road
Republic Veteran
# 12
05-15-2013, 09:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thratch1 View Post
That, again, is the OP's point. Roms and KDF will upgrade their warp cores as they go, while new Fed players will be stuck with basically the common Core that comes with each ship.

What if you were stuck with the white standard shields that came with your ship for ten levels, no quest rewards to upgrade with, and a very low drop rate that the Warp Cores appear to have?
I'd wait till level 50 and start crafting them, like I usually do with equipment? My KDF Officer ran around with crap equipment until level 50, at which point I went to the exchange and went on a shopping spree of sorts to deck the new ship out.

But I suppose this doesn't work for most people...
Original Join Date: January 2010
Original Name: -Gen-Alaris
Days Subscribed: 1211 (As of May 26, 2013)
Career Officer
# 13
05-16-2013, 12:10 AM
Or they could do like Kit Rewards : you get a box that unpacks in one of your profession's kit. They could do the same with Warp Cores and reward a Faction-specific Warp Core, Federation and KDF Captains would get M/AM Warp Cores, while Romulan Captains would get Singularity Warp Cores.
Commander
# 14
05-16-2013, 02:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alarikun View Post
I'd wait till level 50 and start crafting them, like I usually do with equipment? My KDF Officer ran around with crap equipment until level 50, at which point I went to the exchange and went on a shopping spree of sorts to deck the new ship out.

But I suppose this doesn't work for most people...
Guess it's too bad WC's aren't craft able then isn't it?
Career Officer
# 15
05-16-2013, 11:26 AM
Oh don't worry, you can just craft them!

...right?

.....right?
Captain
# 16
05-16-2013, 11:32 AM
Not to mention crafting anything above Mk7 costs dil (in the form of unreplicatables).
Captain
# 17
05-16-2013, 01:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reginamala78 View Post
Not to mention crafting anything above Mk7 costs dil (in the form of unreplicatables).

That's my main problem with it too.
Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
Ensign
# 18 I noticed
05-16-2013, 01:05 PM
seems to be true and no warpdrives drops.
Republic Veteran
# 19
05-16-2013, 02:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daskippa View Post
Guess it's too bad WC's aren't craft able then isn't it?
Wait... what? They aren't craftable?

Well, Mk X White it is. The @#*& do I care at that point... the rest of my equipment is awesome, I'll deal.
Original Join Date: January 2010
Original Name: -Gen-Alaris
Days Subscribed: 1211 (As of May 26, 2013)
Lt. Commander
# 20
05-16-2013, 02:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alarikun View Post
Wait... what? They aren't craftable?
Nope, and it seems that only Romulans get Duty Officer assignments to create them.

So far, the only known sources for M/AM warp cores are the first-time completion reward for one of the Nimbus missions, some of the new Klingon missions, the Dilithium store, and random drops (although the drop rate seems to be much worse than the other major components giving a lie to the dev statement that a desirable warp core should be no harder to attain than desirable shield arrays etc).
Vice Admiral Elaron, USS Sky Road