Republic Veteran
# 21
05-16-2013, 02:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by graleron View Post
Nope, and it seems that only Romulans get Duty Officer assignments to create them.

So far, the only known sources for M/AM warp cores are the first-time completion reward for one of the Nimbus missions, some of the new Klingon missions, the Dilithium store, and random drops (although the drop rate seems to be much worse than the other major components giving a lie to the dev statement that a desirable warp core should be no harder to attain than desirable shield arrays etc).
I also hear they're purchasable from a vendor (For Energy Credits), though they'd be commons.

Still... ouch. Maybe they'll be craftable eventually...
Original Join Date: January 2010
Original Name: -Gen-Alaris
Days Subscribed: 1211 (As of May 26, 2013)
Lt. Commander
# 22
05-16-2013, 08:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alarikun View Post
I also hear they're purchasable from a vendor (For Energy Credits), though they'd be commons.

Still... ouch. Maybe they'll be craftable eventually...
Yeah, forgot about the EC vendor version. Common quality odd number Marks only, so only the most basic of their mechanics available that way.

As for making them craftable eventually -- probably not via the "R&D" mechanic, at least not before that receives the promised overhaul.
Vice Admiral Elaron, USS Sky Road
Lieutenant
# 23
05-31-2013, 09:35 PM
Yep, Feds are stuck to random drops ><. Not craftable, no mission repeat award.

Best option is running a KDF through that mission and mailing over. The mission that KDF has that gives a core for repeat isn't even a NEW mission but an old one with a new reward list. WHY didn't Fed's get that treatment?

Oh more to this. Both Rom and KDF both get BLUE shuttle weapon awards from Vault repeat, Fed still gets WHITE. Don't know about Operation Gamma yet, my KDF isn't there yet, but KDF now gets the FULL Cardassion arc that Fed does, not just the new 2800.
Lt. Commander
# 24
06-01-2013, 08:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by graleron View Post
Nope, and it seems that only Romulans get Duty Officer assignments to create them.
Actually, no, there is a M/AM Warp Core creation Duty Officer assignment. Of course, since LoR went live, I've seen it exactly once on the two characters I have, so it isn't exactly common.
Lt. Commander
# 25
06-01-2013, 10:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordinsane View Post
Actually, no, there is a M/AM Warp Core creation Duty Officer assignment. Of course, since LoR went live, I've seen it exactly once on the two characters I have, so it isn't exactly common.
That statement of mine was made nearly a week before the expansion went live, and based on what was known at that time.

Personally, though, I'm quite happy to have been wrong.
Vice Admiral Elaron, USS Sky Road
Captain
# 26
06-01-2013, 10:36 AM
Drake gives a warp core at the end of Installation 14 (?) mission in the Nimbus chain. It's a terrible one though.