Republic Veteran
# 51
05-14-2013, 06:23 AM
The best? No, they are one option for endgame builds but there are alternatives of course. All the energy types except AP can spawn with superior mods, namely Accx3. A purple Mk XII one of these is hard to beat. Another solid option is the Galor's Spiral Wave, the only weapon so far with 2 procs (disruptor and phaser) and 4 mods (Accx2 Dmgx2). Romulan plasma beams with the experimental beam and the correct console and gear setup can yield the highest beam DPS in the game.

Lieutenant
# 52
05-14-2013, 02:15 PM
Well, being that I don't have a Galor, I looked at the AP because of it's hard crits, and I have seen many ships in PvE run with them to great effect.
Captain
# 53
05-14-2013, 02:49 PM
Depends really.

For PvP the choice is real easy, the fleet Excelsior. The combination of high hull and high turnrate makes it rather tanky and the closest thing the Feds have to a DPS cruiser. The Gal-X in PvP on the otherhand is just a sitting duck, with it's limited turnrate really hurting it's tanking and DPS ability.

For PvE though the choice is harder. If you wanted to stick to beam arrays the fleet excelsior is best, however the Galaxy-X is the better DPSer when equipped with dual heavy cannons.
Previously Alendiak
Daizen - Lvl 52 Engineer - Eclipse
Selia - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse

Last edited by orondis; 05-14-2013 at 02:52 PM.
Career Officer
# 54
05-14-2013, 02:57 PM
Having owned the free T5 Bassy I set it up the same way that I did my Fleet Excelsior and she was equally as effective. However, the Fleet Excel benefits in several ways as you probably know by now.

Here is a showcase on the Excelsior. There are two ships, one is a cannon build and the other a beam boat: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTXaFldQl6I

I love the Fleet Excelsior. I also use the Fleet Assault Cruiser which is also equally as fun to fly and has a more versatile Boff layout. Nevertheless, if I had to give one of the two ships up today I'd keep the Excelsior.

Edit: You can also set up two A2B build on the Excelsior if you can afford the doffs involved.
"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward." - Rocky Balboa (2006)

Last edited by bugspatteredjack; 05-14-2013 at 03:01 PM.
Lieutenant
# 55
05-15-2013, 07:50 PM
I am running the Excel. What I wanted to know is which was better, the anti-proton weapons in the dilith shop OR the Fleet versions!
Lieutenant
# 56
05-15-2013, 08:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by omegaher0 View Post
I am running the Excel. What I wanted to know is which was better, the anti-proton weapons in the dilith shop OR the Fleet versions!
Neither for PvE, but if you had to pick one I'd go with dilithium store. You can atleast get crit and critd on them, fleet weapons all have atleast dmg x2, and no combination of crit and critd.

If you are going to go with AP then you really should max out your crit/crit severity.

You want acc x 2 for pvp, so the fleet version, even though they have that wasted dual damage modifier, would be the way to go.
Lieutenant
# 57
05-16-2013, 04:32 PM
I was told that ap's were anti-birg weapons and they were good because they crit hard.