Lt. Commander
# 21
11-19-2009, 02:11 PM
I would venture to say that most MMO fans that are Star Trek fans will like this game. I know I enjoy reading about the game play and I have no problem with it...from what I read.

There are SOOOO many things they can do in the future to enhance the game that it really blows one's mind.
Lt. Commander
I can't imagine how you could make a mmorpg and expect to have the team (of real ppl) there for your ship whenever you wanted to play and still make it fun. That would only work if the team were actually confined somehow and had nothing else to do . (Prison teams would have an unfair advantage then)
I play OL games to fit with my real life and bring me entertainment and enjoyment while I play. Then when I'm done the switch is thrown and its back to reality. I think thats a big difference from the tabletop RPG experience where you have a group of ppl that have set aside time to play a game, you just can't do that in online mmorpg. ppl will let leaving and joining the game at random times and locations.
Begin flashback...

"COMMANDER Laforge... please report the staus of the warp core."
"Jordie Where are you?!"...

"Captian, ah...., this is Ensign Newbie, Jordi is taking the garbage out for his mom he will be back in 10 minutes can you ask the Klingon's to wait?"

End Flashback...
So unless you want to have an avatar that stays and plays for you when youre gone and miss out on excitement and action you should resolve yourselves to the chosen approach. Until starfleet actually starts accepting apps. that is.
Lt. Commander
# 23
11-19-2009, 02:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastee View Post
nice one mate :-)
This article from (jon wood) is just a rant. He tries to tell us what we should be expecting from sto, then predicts that STO will be a fail if his expectations are not met. I wounder if (jon wood editer at mmorpg.com) orcistrates all his predictions?
The only expectations that I have are the ones Cryptic has promised. The greatest of witch is (it will be fun).

I think what ticks me off the most is he presumes to represent me!
Lt. Commander
# 24
11-19-2009, 06:25 PM
About the editorial: (sniff) You said it all...Jon.
(I don't think he was being negative. He was representing all us Trek fans out there who know what they want)
About the screens: Hmmm....nice. Loved the one with the crew members, looked like an epic poster. Liked how they brought back the space city that caused so much consternation last time. Is it Borg, or isn't it?
(you never answered, Rekhan. I asked and I asked, but no response)
Lt. Commander
# 25
11-19-2009, 06:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by millsdo View Post
I would venture to say that most MMO fans that are Star Trek fans will like this game. I know I enjoy reading about the game play and I have no problem with it...from what I read.

There are SOOOO many things they can do in the future to enhance the game that it really blows one's mind.
Don't take offense, but is the line about improvements neg or positive?
Lt. Commander
# 26
11-20-2009, 09:28 AM
Why not actualy have an auto pilot?
you go awway "taking out the trash for example durring a quest" and leave your number one incharge
Lt. Commander
# 27 Title is irrelevant
11-21-2009, 05:39 AM
You seem to be almost all a bit of stii*** It is meaning of press to be critical and not love all there is whether i or you like it.

It is alsoa comparison netween sto and st franchise. So that article is expected to look at points that could ruin the game.

There will be no player crews at least not at long time so why are you so offended? Seems like you just cant cooperate with other players. Player crew is not so different after all from basic fellowship/party/fleet whatsoever. Play unreal if you dont want to think or cooperate while playing

I meant to be offensive. Yor lack oftolerance towards criticism is unbelievable.
Lt. Commander
# 28 Thank you
11-23-2009, 02:42 PM
I'm just grateful that there will be a MMO star trek game to play. Faults or no-faults. Like any new game there will be glitches and other things that we don't like. But as with any game the improvements will come and the game will get better and better, So I for one will take the good with the bad and keep in mind that it will just keep getting better.