Captain
# 361
06-17-2013, 12:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickpaaa View Post
I am not comfortable with labeling anyone at Cryptic as being liars.

Perhaps the lack of bonuses outside of the scheduled blocks for bonus is not happening to everyone across the board. I have seen people post that they were not getting bonuses during the scheduled blocks, but I have been getting them during the times. I doubt that people who differ on that are lying either.

It is helpful to let Cryptic know that there is a big problem with an event weekend. It is probably good to let them know our frustration, and even offer ideas... even if they are just suggestions about better communication with the player base. Attacks on persons, or Cryptic as a whole, however, are quite useless, and quite deleterious in every way.
Sadly i am, not one individual specifically, but the company as a whole. I've been playing Cryptic games since Champions Beta, and in that almost 4 year span, there have been a lot of things that i call lies, false advertisements, false truths, purposeful misdirection, and of course things that they just don't tell us but should. These are practices that are still happening to this day, and Cryptic would rather just cover it up and work on the next new thing rather than go back and fix things or improve them unless they have too.

It's a terrible way to do business and it's slowly catching up with them.

And while you're right that we should all be more constructive in the criticisms and less demeaning or rude, sadly that won't fix things either. it's just as useless until there is enough of an outcry that they can't just hide it under the rug. A lot of people are just legitimately angry at the current state of the game and sadly even more are expressing it poorly.

Truth be told though, Cryptic as a company should be held responsible for the state of the game as well as communicating honestly what works, what doesn't, and what's being fixed currently, at least more so than they're doing with a few of the patch notes here and there.
Career Officer
# 362
06-17-2013, 01:02 AM
Congratulations another classic Cryptic cockup. Five weeks after LOR (Load of Rubbish) launched no major bug fixes and now this. Do you care about the game any more? Or have you just given up on it?
Career Officer
# 363
06-17-2013, 01:15 AM
Wow some of you guys need to get some perspective on things. Yes it's a ****-up, no it wasn't done deliberately, yes Brandon is in Europe taking part in STO events and cannot perhaps monitor the forums as easily.

Obviously something went wrong with the automated systems that was unexpected, it will be put right and my guess is they will offer it again for next weekend. A few missing marks are not the end of the game, annoying yes, frustrating to some extent but a minor inconvenience when all is said and done.

FLTCDR SRS FLEETS - S.R.S. - S.R.S. ACADEMY - SRS GUARDIANS - SRS KDF
Join Us www.srs-fleet.net/html/join_srs.html
Career Officer
# 364
06-17-2013, 01:17 AM
Awesome weekend, but no extra marks anywhere. But I did have some cake.

So swings & roundabouts, really.
Republic Veteran
# 365
06-17-2013, 01:26 AM
The marks I am not too fussed about. Just a little bump in the mega grind anyway.

What annoys me is the fact that the event was still fully promoted on the front page all weekend, including the Thursday and Friday when it was already obvious that it was completely broke. I think advertising a faulty feature is rather cheap and bad practice.
# 366
06-17-2013, 02:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeybacon90 View Post
The marks I am not too fussed about. Just a little bump in the mega grind anyway.

What annoys me is the fact that the event was still fully promoted on the front page all weekend, including the Thursday and Friday when it was already obvious that it was completely broke. I think advertising a faulty feature is rather cheap and bad practice.
Agreed but again it's not intentional miss-advertising, what would be the point? The real failure here is total lack of forum monitoring resulting in zero feedback to the players and hence the reason it was still advertised.

We can draw some pretty uncomfortable conclusions from this.

A. Nobody at Cryptic actually plays the game/reads the forum at the weekend to the extent that they would notice the marks issue, or...

B. said person has no channel of communication or power to correct the error/have the advertisement removed.

This tends to be the case, with previous issues that have occurred over a weekend, bar a major crash it tends to be left until Monday morning which for many of us is Monday evening.

Perhaps it's not surprising that if your day job is working on STO you don't want to spend your weekends playing it, however it seems to me that someone should be employed just to play the game and that person has an open communication channel to personnel that can put effective and expeditious corrections in place.

FLTCDR SRS FLEETS - S.R.S. - S.R.S. ACADEMY - SRS GUARDIANS - SRS KDF
Join Us www.srs-fleet.net/html/join_srs.html
Closed Thread