Captain
# 21
11-18-2013, 08:25 AM
First: No.
Second: Those Borg fanships in the OP look hideous.
Third: No.

It's bad enough what Voyager did to the Borg. There is no "Queen" as well, the Borg are a hive mind. Any attempt to personalize them hurts. Baaad.

I would however settle for a kind of "monster play". Let people temporarily control a cube in a big PvEvP fleet action. It doesn't matter how it wouldn't make sense, just from a gameplay point of view it would make for interesting matches.
-> STO players unite and say NO to ARC <- -> Click if you prefer the old forum design! <-
-----------------------------------------------------------------
"No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
Career Officer
# 22
11-18-2013, 08:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyan01 View Post
Am always reminded of this post, from another thread on the same subject, when these threads pop up:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizwei View Post
If you actually played a proper Borg character on a proper Borg ship, YOU wouldn't be in control of anything.
You'd be the drone in the bowels of the ship who's job it is to stand in an alcove for half a day, stick it's arm implant into the Borg coffee machine to make it work, ignore intruders and then be the one who gets shot so the other drones can adapt.

Says it all really.

HMM makes me wonder what a Borg coffee tastes like...and what kind of options their Mr. Coffee provides.

-Cream
-Sugar
-Microfibers
-Eyepiece
-Nanoprobes

...?
Career Officer
# 23
11-18-2013, 08:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterde3 View Post
HMM makes me wonder what a Borg coffee tastes like...and what kind of options their Mr. Coffee provides.

-Cream
-Sugar
-Microfibers
-Eyepiece
-Nanoprobes

...?
Let's put it like this - when you ask for a coffee that resembles an oil slick, they take it literally.

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY
Career Officer
# 24
11-18-2013, 08:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyan01 View Post
Let's put it like this - when you ask for a coffee that resembles an oil slick, they take it literally.
They can't...Neelix has stolen their entire stock of the stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqEPY8KQABY

Captain
# 25
11-18-2013, 09:25 AM
I think this thread now needs to get shunted over to the loony bin--erm, Ten Forward.
Vadm. Kanril Eleya, U.S.S. Andraste, Strike Team Alpha

Useful Links for Foundry Writers | "Bait and Switch" -- Fed Foundry project, Part 1 rewards-qualified!
Say no to Arc! STO standalone installer
Ensign
# 26
06-30-2014, 11:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baelogventure View Post
The devs already said that the Borg wouldn't be a playable faction, since you...wouldn't actually play a Drone, the game would play it for you like when you're assimilated in ground content.
You could play as one of the collectives' command drones like locutus who is mostly self aware just has no emotions.

Or maybe you could play as a Borg who is a member of a group of drones who escaped the collective due to a software glitch.

That decided to start a small collective were everyone is self aware and they decide to try to destroy the old borg collective so that no one has to go through what they went through.

However for efficiency's sake they share their knowlage via assimilation and still use borg vessels (modified to not respond to the old collective).
Career Officer
# 27
06-30-2014, 12:09 PM
I vote no playable Borg collective. I'm fine with liberated drones as part of other factions, but the collective should be off limits.

If this game is to have another faction, it should be Cardassian/Dominion.

Hey hey now!

BAD ZOMBIE BAD GO BACK TO THE GROUND!

Seriously folks, if a thread hasn't been responded to in 30 days please don't bring it back up If you feel you need to continue the thread by all means make a new one!

/Closed

~Askray
Vice Admiral Aznia Deet, Federation Ambassador, U.S.S. Federalist
Closed Thread