Career Officer
# 81
11-06-2013, 06:14 AM
That's season 8 trying to prepatch.
Cheers from Antonio Valerio Cortez III, Half-Celestial Archduke of the Free Marches Confederacy.
Lt. Commander
# 82
11-06-2013, 06:15 AM
As mentioned by Brandon here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Hi Captains,

Pre-patching for Season 8 has been enabled! Upon logging out of Holodeck, the launcher will pop up again and start the pre-patch download.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Link to actual thread.

Thank you for the time...
CBT Player - 400 day+ Vet, Currently Silver
Cryptic, would you actulaly like me to spend actual Money? It's Simple:
Full, Story-driven, select from start 1-50 Klingon Side
Scrap current Lock Box & Lobi system for something more reasonable
Expand Dil and Fleet Marks to regular story content
Career Officer
# 83
11-06-2013, 06:21 AM
Seriously, every single time I enter the game (or after I leave), the launcher feels the need to download and patch ca 5-8%, then goes to 100%. Obviously you guys forget a 'Done' flag.
Rihannsu
# 84
11-06-2013, 06:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by meimeitoo View Post
Seriously, every single time I enter the game (or after I leave), the launcher feels the need to download and patch ca 5-8%, then goes to 100%. Obviously you guys forget a 'Done' flag.
That should just be the game verifying files.
Career Officer
# 85
11-06-2013, 09:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandormen123 View Post
My launcher/STO is just updating itself with a 5576MB patch........
Same here!!! I gather it'll take another good 10 hrs or so for the patch to download!! Only 21% done as of yet.

What I don't understand is why are some of the others getting a patch file of approx 2GB or so, while the rest are getting an update of 5576MB?? Strange!!
Ensign
Is the launcher supposed to do this? Mine started on 11/05/13 and now it is patching when I log off. If there is a way to fix this where it does not how? Did I change an option inadvertently? I assume it isn't supposed to do this without fail.
Thank you all in advance.

See ya about the galaxy.

Fleet Admiral Jerolithe
18th Flight Squadron
Captain
# 87
11-06-2013, 10:56 AM
Season 8 goes live on the 12th.

THe game is pre-patching.
Commander
# 88
11-06-2013, 10:57 AM
It's doing pre-patching for the season 8 release, I think - there was an announcement about that in the "Galactic News Network" forum.
Career Officer
# 89
11-06-2013, 10:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimipaige View Post
Is the launcher supposed to do this? Mine started on 11/05/13 and now it is patching when I log off. If there is a way to fix this where it does not how? Did I change an option inadvertently? I assume it isn't supposed to do this without fail.
Quote:
Pre-patching for Season 8 has been enabled! Upon logging out of Holodeck, the launcher will pop up again and start the pre-patch download.
Quote:
Every time you exit, you'll still get a pre-patch pop up as it's checking to see if you have the latest pre-patch version. If you do, it should close out fairly quickly.
Quote:
If there is nothing new to pre-patch, it would close after a few moments, as you described, and not go from 0-100% again. The few "MBs" you are seeing is the client reading the data and looking to see if it's up to date.
You've got nothing to worry about.

Last edited by jeffel82; 11-06-2013 at 11:04 AM.
Lieutenant
After exiting game log in automatically logs in, so far it's only caused one instance of the game to bring up the game stopped working please report to cryptic. However this is likely to cause a memory leak and either cause a memory dump on the computers or crash the game as the launcher is trying to re-launch the game at either exit of the game or log off.
Closed Thread