Captain
# 91
02-19-2013, 01:55 AM
Indeed, take a runabout and buff the equipment up. You can take it from your main ship. You certainly don't need the best of the best, but flying a shuttle mission, with one that just comes from the shelf ... I don't know, never tried it.

Tac team is a good boff abillity, gives shield redistibution, attack buff etc.
Rihannsu
# 92
02-19-2013, 07:00 AM
It's like doing an STF with a ship you just bought from the shipyard....

One of my first runs of Operation Gamma was done in a Delta Flyer that was wearing my Borg space set. It works great! You can barely see the shuttle though.

My advice with this fight is to either run two beam arrays and use Fire at will, or two Torps and torp spread, one of them photon, but not the craptastic one that shuttles come with.

I also use EptS, usually a PDS console, and a red matter capacitor.

And for the third wave of repair drones, ignore the fighters, manually target the drones if you have to but focus on them.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Survivor of Romulus
# 93
02-19-2013, 07:44 PM
Oops I didn't see this thread, and made my own. Anyways I did pass it in the Federation side, but its really difficult, and really frustrating. I'm currently playing KDF side, and I'm on this mission, and really piss off with it, and I'm probably will be up all night trying to beat it. I'm on normal difficulty, and you would think that it would be easy, but nooooo. Plus if you get kinda far, and you die you have to start all over again witch makes it even more frustrating.
http://stosignatures.ufplanets.com/IceAxe18-STO.png

AMD Phenom II X3 Processor 3.2GHz, Asus M2N68 AM Plus motherboard, EVGA 450 GTS 1GB PCI Express, 4GB DDR2 Memory, 23" LED Sceptre TV/Monitor, 1 TB HD, DVD R/RW,
Windows 8 Pro 64bit
Rihannsu
# 94
02-20-2013, 08:17 AM
what did you want help on?
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 95
02-21-2013, 03:53 PM
It is no mre different do this on the Kdf with Taron shuttle same aplies.
Age StarTrek-Gamers Administrator
USS WARRIOR NCC 1720 Commanding Officer
Star Trek Gamers
Captain
# 96
02-28-2013, 04:33 PM
Operation Gamma is probably the easiest mission in the whole game. Dealing with the Stations sensors are easy, just prioritize offing work bees while avoiding the fighters until all of the bees are eliminated, spending a bit of EC to get a Danube shuttle rather than using the default giveaway shuttle is a worthwhile investment, have shield batteries handy and a Boff with an ensign level hull repair and it's not a bad idea to have a leadership trait either on your captain or on the Boff you use. , there are a number of places you can go to to get the walkthrough for the various salvage missions, I have a hint sheet printed out that has the processes listed out that I pull out for when I'm doing Gamma, Trialus satellite repair or a group of other puzzle missions.When dealing with the swarms at the end move to the exit of Faraks cave and just withing firing range of the 3 swarms that spawn, they won't attack you if you stay at the limit of firing range, then shoot at only one group to aggro the groups in to you one at a time rather than being swarmed by multiple groups by flying to them. Then all that's left is to decide whether or not you want to kill Farak.
Captain
# 97
02-28-2013, 07:07 PM
It's not a difficult mission, but it is annoying.

Getting sensors, no problem if you take out work bees first before targeting fighters.

Supply haul for the ferengi, not too hard if you make a note what to do for which situation.

Swarmers can be dealt with if you go slow and target from long range.

Only redeeming quality is that you get to shoot that ferengi, although choosing to let her go will give you an accolade.
Captain
# 98
02-28-2013, 07:58 PM
You get an accolade either way "Kind-Hearted" if you let her live, "Best Served Cold" if you kill her.