Ensign
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 3
# 201
11-14-2014, 12:54 AM
At least your's is done patching. This thing is patching 12 GB...it's been nearly 48 hours already and i'm at 48%.
Ensign
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 3
# 202
11-15-2014, 01:20 AM
My sound isn't working in the game...
Ensign
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 1
# 203 Graphics Settings
12-23-2014, 10:52 AM
Can you send me a screenshot of your graphics settings? My client is crashing continually as of this afternoon... For no apparent reason. I can only assume that something has been changed by an update but I can't work out what. What I do know is that it has to do with graphics!

HELP!
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6
Hello, I'm running a MacBook Pro 15" with Retina display i7-4870HQ 2.5GHz 16 GB RAM with a NVIDEA GeForce GT 750M Graphics processor and 512GB SSD running Mac OS Yosemite.

The game crashes on load in. The client launches, updates, loads the game and I can make it as far as the Character Selector and then it just stops running. The screen remains stuck, no load in. This sucks as it's been this way for months including on my previous MacBook Pro 17".

I've removed and reinstalled the game and still no luck. Is this just the way it is for Mac users of PWE products?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 182
# 205
12-27-2014, 09:01 AM
On a positive note (for a change), the game is running perfectly on my new MacBook Pro. Was running just about ok on my previous machine (2010 MacBook pro).

Had problems getting past the loading screen on the first day after moving STO to the new laptop.
Once it managed to get past the loading screen (stayed stuck there for 20 mins ), it never gave me any further trouble.
Probably saw 30hrs of game-play without a hitch. I'm running on medium graphic setting.

It would seem *possible* for STO to run smoothly on a Mac.

(Knock on wood!!)
Ensign
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 9
# 206 No joy on iMac 5K
12-29-2014, 07:46 AM
STO crashes hard on my new iMac 5K. I once made it about 30 seconds into the tutorial, but usually don't make it anywhere that far before locking up. I sent a note off to Support and they said they were "aware of the issue" but couldn't give any sort of time frame for a fix.

Specs are as follows:

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2014)
Processor: 4 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory: 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics: AMD Radeon R9 M295X 4096 MB

It's too bad. By any rights, STO should look spectacular on this machine.

-Buxley
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 44
# 207
01-03-2015, 07:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by buxley1701 View Post
STO crashes hard on my new iMac 5K. I once made it about 30 seconds into the tutorial, but usually don't make it anywhere that far before locking up. I sent a note off to Support and they said they were "aware of the issue" but couldn't give any sort of time frame for a fix.

Specs are as follows:

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2014)
Processor: 4 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory: 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics: AMD Radeon R9 M295X 4096 MB

It's too bad. By any rights, STO should look spectacular on this machine.

-Buxley
Specs don't seem to be a factor. Many of us have found the game completely unplayable since Season 9---this didn't start with Delta. Crashing on log on. Sometimes I get to ESD for one second before it freezes and goes down. In sector space, I have maybe two minutes. It's disappointing to say the least that the devs don't even bother issuing any kind of statement. It doesn't look like Mac players really count enough for them to fix this. They focus on minor fixes but this has been crippling us since June. Either have a Mac client or do not have a Mac client, but if you do, make it work out of basic regard for your customers.
Ensign
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 1
# 208
04-12-2015, 10:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by paragonexile View Post
Specs don't seem to be a factor. Many of us have found the game completely unplayable since Season 9---this didn't start with Delta. Crashing on log on. Sometimes I get to ESD for one second before it freezes and goes down. In sector space, I have maybe two minutes. It's disappointing to say the least that the devs don't even bother issuing any kind of statement. It doesn't look like Mac players really count enough for them to fix this. They focus on minor fixes but this has been crippling us since June. Either have a Mac client or do not have a Mac client, but if you do, make it work out of basic regard for your customers.
Your right in that specs don't seem to matter.. i can play sto on my macbook and its pretty stable.. the only problem i have is that i have to run it at very low graphics specs. seems that there is something in some of the graphics settings that is causing the crash. Everyone who is having problems with it crashing in game should try and set it to the lowest settings for everything. At some point i would like to try working on what is actually causing the problem but i really don't want to spend the time adjusting each slider and seeing if its stable
Ensign
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1
# 209
04-27-2015, 06:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sigsauerdak View Post
Everyone who is having problems with it crashing in game should try and set it to the lowest settings for everything.
This definitely works. I've been playing on the lowest possible graphics settings for a couple of months now and it works just fine.

Recently I started creeping the graphical settings up and up until I started crashing again. I can get the character quality up to "high" without much of a problem but if the other settings are moved up, the game crashes out.

Last night, I had one such big crash. Ever since I've not been able to get past the loading screen. Sometimes the music from the character selection screen plays but most of the time, I see nothing but the "Star Trek Online: The Iconian War" logo with "Loading" underneath it and that's it.

If anyone knows what I'm doing wrong and how to fix it, I would love to hear from you!

Update: Scratch that last question. The "leave it on the loading screen for 20 minutes" trick seems to work to clear whatever was wrong.

Last edited by zoekirkrobinson; 04-27-2015 at 06:22 AM.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:44 AM.