Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,292
Avoid this box as long as this thing is bound to character.

after 150 keys and no grand prize - oh well the odds are 1/200

but I now have 182 mining claims that I have to use on the 1 character - so it would take me 182 days!! straight on THIS one character to uses up the mining claims by going out of the way and doing the mining event.

This bound to character item is a bad decision!
Republic Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 114
# 2
01-24-2013, 12:04 PM
I could possibly understand account-bound (although unbound would be preferable)...but character-bound?!?

I generally open any/all boxes on a single character in order to benefit from the accumulation/concentration of lobi, but this development wrecks that notion. I may have to reconsider the whole lockbox program if this is the case.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,457
# 3
01-24-2013, 12:05 PM
Research before you buy things in future? It was outlined in italics in the FAQ.
nynik | Join Date: Dec 2009
<Dev> Oaks@dstahl: *checks for CBS listening devices in the office*
Republic Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 114
# 4
01-24-2013, 12:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynik View Post
Research before you buy things in future? It was outlined in italics in the FAQ.
Bind-on-pickup does not explicitly state that it is character-bound. They really should ammend the description to say Character bind-on-pickup
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 281
# 5
01-24-2013, 12:13 PM
Here's the deal. If people would just stop buying the freakin' keys, Cryptic would have to stop making the freakin' boxes. It's simple supply, and demand, economics, people!
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 987
# 6
01-24-2013, 12:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkilczewski View Post
Here's the deal. If people would just stop buying the freakin' keys, Cryptic would have to stop making the freakin' boxes. It's simple supply, and demand, economics, people!
Even if you convince everybody on the forums to do so, the Forums represent 20% of the player base at most (and that's a very, very generous at most).
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 724
# 7
01-24-2013, 12:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by born2bwild1 View Post
Avoid this box as long as this thing is bound to character.

after 150 keys and no grand prize - oh well the odds are 1/200

but I now have 182 mining claims that I have to use on the 1 character - so it would take me 182 days!! straight on THIS one character to uses up the mining claims by going out of the way and doing the mining event.

This bound to character item is a bad decision!
At least you must be getting close to the Jem Dread with lobbis you get from the box...Sad about the mining claims...they should have added other stuff instead of useless bound to character.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 518
# 8
01-24-2013, 12:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkilczewski View Post
If people would just stop buying the freakin' keys, Cryptic would have to stop making the freakin' boxes.
It's painfully clear that people won't do that. No matter how much whining you see on the forms about the lockboxes, people are speaking with their wallets and buying keys.

Myself I have yet to buy a single key, and don't plan on doing so anytime in the future. But people might as well quit complaining about them, they're here to stay, because no matter how many posts people make, it's quite clear they sell well and make Cryptic money.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 315
# 9
01-24-2013, 12:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkilczewski View Post
Here's the deal. If people would just stop buying the freakin' keys, Cryptic would have to stop making the freakin' boxes. It's simple supply, and demand, economics, people!
The keys / lock boxes aren't OP's problem. He didn't *choose* to get that 180 mining claims. Instead, he's pointing out the flaw in letting these be rewarded so frequently.

If Cryptic plans on adding these mining boxes to every lock box going forward, every player playing the lock box game will eventually will reach this same point OP is today, where getting this reward is the same as getting no reward at all.
Kobayashi Maru
Join Date: Sept 2008


"Holographic tissue paper for the holographic runny nose. Don't give them to patients." - The Doctor
Republic Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,056
# 10
01-24-2013, 12:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by monsh View Post
Bind-on-pickup does not explicitly state that it is character-bound. They really should ammend the description to say Character bind-on-pickup
They do, if it's account on pick up it will say it.

Also to the OP.....ummm just transfer all the Dilithium to whoever you want, your mining rights is bound but not the Dilithium you get out of it....most likely the reason it's bound.


Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:26 PM.