Captain
# 11
09-23-2013, 08:05 PM
it's a bug...not a moral issue.

was even acknowledged by a dev today that they will look into it.....as a bug....not a change in moral behavior.
# 12
09-23-2013, 09:02 PM
Not even wrong.

Yes, I have been hit by similar issues. A few months ago, we had a series of "Server stability improvements." patches that... didn't, for me. Every time I queued KVE... disconnected. When I got back... STF Leaver's Penalty. Was I hit by a nerd rage proc? Yes. Was this the result of immoral actions on the part of the devs? No.
I know, it was the first day, but I just couldn't help myself...

Oh, and the image is from Non Sequitur. Get it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by meimeitoo View Post
I do not like Geko ether.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gavinruneblade View Post
So I know exactly why we're not being asked to pay to hear the voices.

Last edited by breadandcircuses; 09-23-2013 at 09:17 PM. Reason: Deciding not to elaborate on my own experience with Support, etc.
Captain
# 13
09-23-2013, 11:38 PM
its not really immoral, its just not really done right. and a bug based on not done right too by the sounds of it.

the leavers penalty seems to be there to compensate for the 1 hour timer you get on completing an stf(pass or fail), rather than any real need for it.

if the system was setup so the rewards matched the effort/time involved, rather than a timer to prevent spaming the mission, it would go some way to solving the issue in a more dynamic way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by redz4tw View Post
can you say attack pattern angry forumers 3?
Quote:
Originally Posted by baelogventure View Post
Considering Ryan broke 25k in a NX, I expect he could easily pull 10k in an Escape Pod with a Hand Phaser.
Captain
# 14
09-23-2013, 11:47 PM
It's a known bug. Yeah so what. It's being worked on. When it will be fixed. Don't know. There's alot more bugs and glitches that have yet to be encountered. No point doing a long winded OP. Personally I lost interest in the OP after paragraph one.
Live long and Prosper
Career Officer
# 15
09-24-2013, 12:59 AM
this should have been added to the Worst STF experience thread.....anyway
Captain
# 16
09-24-2013, 09:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wudwaen View Post
There is no updating a method to loading into an already failed mission with a destroyed IKS Kang.

At no point did I declare otherwise. The action is immoral. The behavior it represents is immoral. Those who argue against it argue for a world in which one is punished by the authority for following their directions.
Without delving into your area of study, let's just focus on this:

No one cares about your rants on morality. No one cares that you have to unjustly wait an hour for the penalty cooldown to expire. It's a bug, one that most of us have dealt with/known about for days now, so you can deal with it, or you can continue complaining on a forum and getting trolled for your ridiculous OPs.

Or maybe you can get off the net and hit the books.
Quote:
Originally Posted by daan2006 View Post
damn rly hate pooping my pants before i can make it to the bathroom lmao
Quote:
Originally Posted by illyrian2008 View Post
i don't know why people are so down on obesity but i guess that's the feeder fetishist in me talking lol
Career Officer
# 17
09-24-2013, 11:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wudwaen View Post
The action is immoral. The behavior it represents is immoral. Those who argue against it argue for a world in which one is punished by the authority for following their directions.
Alternately, and this is just me spitballing here, but maybe the "punishment" is a consequence of completing the mission, whether you were successful or not. The actual punishment is that you don't get rewarded for your trouble. On the other hand, the reward for following the directions is that you are allowed to try a different mission while you wait to get your do-over. You might not like it, but frankly your tone so far suggests that your opinions should hold little to no weight in any reasonable discussion.
Super Moderator
# 18
09-24-2013, 11:25 AM
Captains,

This is an online forum for the Star Trek Online game. It is not "Ethics 101". Having an argument about ethics (even one related to a bug in the game) is decidedly off-topic here.

I am closing this thread. If anyone has game-related feedback about the issue, please post your morally-neutral feedback in the appropriate forum.

Live Long and Prosper,

~Bluegeek
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
Closed Thread