Ensign
# 151 Thoughts on UI
04-06-2013, 12:03 AM
I'm mostly pleased on the work that's been done on the UI. I know that can't be easy to change so completely and please everybody, but I wanted to offer a couple thoughts that I hope are constructive.
1) Font's would appear to still need a bit of finessing. Currently I'd characterize almost all fonts as a little too sharp. With the variable sizes being used, as they get smaller I think it becomes important to smooth the font out a little to help refine the look. Some also appear to be using an outline style (an example might be the tier number set against the reputation selection button), which just appears a little too busy.
2) I know some other people have feelings in the other direction on this, but there's something about the color green to identify friendly ships that just doesn't seem to work with a Federation LCARS inspired color scheme (works wonderfully for the Romulans though).
3) I'd argue that the TNG and VOY schemes need bolder color choices. Display buttons tended to feature bold oranges, and pinks and golds, and I don't see those color combinations.
Can't wait til May!
Captain
# 152
04-06-2013, 02:08 AM
Hitting the "full Impulse" button in sector space initiates the quantum Slipstream drive, instead of just going to Max Warp.
This is really annoying.
Quantum Slipstream (or a similar power) should have a button of its own IMO.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
-> -> -> STO players unite and say NO to ARC <- <- <-

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Lieutenant
# 153
04-06-2013, 07:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yreodred View Post
Hitting the "full Impulse" button in sector space initiates the quantum Slipstream drive, instead of just going to Max Warp.
This is really annoying.
Quantum Slipstream (or a similar power) should have a button of its own IMO.
The button you mention IS that separate button. The 'Full Impulse' button was never in sector space, and now that it is there, it engages Quantum Slipstream.