Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay > PvP Boot Camp
Login

Captain
# 21
09-27-2013, 09:55 AM
I dont know what is going on with the rest of the bootcamp now (I cant assist to meetings due to my lack of English) but I hope that this dont get disbanded.

Well, in other news.. tomorrow is going to be the final class of the Spanish second bootcamp and I can said that was a big success. I have to said thanks to kolln95 and drkfrontiers for their support.

Division Hispana
www.divisionhispana.com

Last edited by cerritourug; 09-27-2013 at 10:30 AM.
Empire Veteran
# 22
10-02-2013, 12:45 PM
We goin nowhere!

Sometimes we just need to step back, reevaluate the priorities and keep on going.

Thanks for all those that have faithfully supported us.
Career Officer
# 23
10-03-2013, 02:46 PM
I think we should leave the bickering behind and move forward,

I understand Reg's views and I agree that Cryptic has long abandoned us, but I also agree with Kolin in a sense that if we give them an opportunity that PVP can actually make them money they may invest.

It is up to us to help others to develop their PVP and become part of the family that is PVP. We shouldn't be throwing our handbags everytime there is a dispute.

The ultimate goal is to develop PVP as best we can, we obviosuly cannot change the coding, but we can change new players to hopefully enjoy PVP and join the ranks, rather than get ROFLstomped everytime and Rage quit.

Put your differences aside, Frontier don't leave, you are throwing away all that hard work for nothing.

We should come together, whether your from a 'small' fleet or more 'Larger' fleet, we should involve fleets that aren't known for their PVP too and understand and help to come into PVP.

PVP is half the game not 1% of the game. We should remind people we exist and there is a community here rather than the endless STF's runs.

Come on guys and girls, come together as a community and get Cryptic to support us in time. Don't give up but look forward rather than dwelling on the past.
Now found frequenting MWO short term and then Star Citizen long term. Raged Quit long ago
- Gohan (House of Beautiful /Sad Pandas)
/channel_join Tyler Durden for Organised Balanced PVP matches

Last edited by g0h4n4; 10-03-2013 at 02:50 PM.
Career Officer
# 24
10-04-2013, 11:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by g0h4n4 View Post
I think we should leave the bickering behind and move forward,

I understand Reg's views and I agree that Cryptic has long abandoned us, but I also agree with Kolin in a sense that if we give them an opportunity that PVP can actually make them money they may invest.

It is up to us to help others to develop their PVP and become part of the family that is PVP. We shouldn't be throwing our handbags everytime there is a dispute.

The ultimate goal is to develop PVP as best we can, we obviosuly cannot change the coding, but we can change new players to hopefully enjoy PVP and join the ranks, rather than get ROFLstomped everytime and Rage quit.

Put your differences aside, Frontier don't leave, you are throwing away all that hard work for nothing.

We should come together, whether your from a 'small' fleet or more 'Larger' fleet, we should involve fleets that aren't known for their PVP too and understand and help to come into PVP.

PVP is half the game not 1% of the game. We should remind people we exist and there is a community here rather than the endless STF's runs.

Come on guys and girls, come together as a community and get Cryptic to support us in time. Don't give up but look forward rather than dwelling on the past.
This is exactly what i had hoped the Senate would be focused on.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------Star Trek Online, Now with out the Trek....
Career Officer
# 25 Old Men clompaining about PvP
10-04-2013, 01:17 PM
The problem is, that the PvP BootCamp Senat never has the support of the well known PvP Fleets nor their respect to first let us try to change some things and shout with one Voice to Cryptic.
Not all but many members of them are so ignorant to think that things will get better it they argue against any new Idea or to frustrate new players in PvP by killing them at the Spawn.
My opinion is that they were scared about a growing new Community which have fun in fair Combats and that the bride light of Glory that shines around them would be not so bride anymore because nobody of the new Players will have respect without a good, fair fight.

So what can we do now? We've lost another fellow campaigner and so it go's on and on.
We could hear at those fleet that are only complaining about how bad PvP is supported by Cryptic without a good unselfish idea to make anything better and do nothing or do we go on and support PvP BootCamp to so that PvP is much fun and a important part of STO?
In my fleets and our partners we show our members that it is worth to fight for the idea PvP BootCamp stands for and we are gaining more and more new PvP Players which said... Shut up old man with no idea! We are doing PvP now and we want to learn more.

So please, all Players who are willing to play PvP tell it to your leaders and comrades, join PvP Bootcamp and if you were blown in a match... ask someone to help you and it will get better.

Ok, i have to write down this because i don't want to be frustrated by the game, i want to have fun and now i have it.

Q'apla

@Motzi
=/\= 58. Geschwader - Fleet Admiral =/\=
=/\= Vice Admiral |□|□|□| Andreas@Motzi =/\=
=/\= Yan Isleth - yo' 'ai =/\=
=/\= Lieutenant General |₳|₳|₳| K'ratak@Motzi =/\=

Career Officer
# 26
10-04-2013, 02:54 PM
For Starters Tyler Durden channel is a great place to start off, playing with other PVPERs old and new. You can learn alot from everyone.
Now found frequenting MWO short term and then Star Citizen long term. Raged Quit long ago
Commander
# 27
10-04-2013, 04:20 PM
Honestly, the community has, ever since f2p, took a drastic spin. From people that actually want to learn to stubborn guys that only argue and don't want to listen to others (The majority being that way). They call others 'elitists' and what not, no respect for the last small group of old veteran (with veteran i mean guys that are still around playing for years) that are still left, and which are more then open to help others.

I can see why all of the efforts trying to be created here are doomed to failure before they are even set off from the ground. Hence why all the remaining small PvP fleets are mostly 'well known' and have alot of elder players in them. Perhaps thats the reason why non of these 'well known' fleets bother participating anymore.

Too much hate in this community.
Just a thought.

Btw, Tyler Durden as Gohan mentioned before is the best player set initiative now, even more successful then bootcamp even imo. The only good matches are probably held there these days.

Last edited by masterkeychnk5; 10-04-2013 at 04:30 PM.
Career Officer
# 28
10-05-2013, 12:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by masterkeychnk5 View Post
Honestly, the community has, ever since f2p, took a drastic spin. From people that actually want to learn to stubborn guys that only argue and don't want to listen to others (The majority being that way). They call others 'elitists' and what not, no respect for the last small group of old veteran (with veteran i mean guys that are still around playing for years) that are still left, and which are more then open to help others.

I can see why all of the efforts trying to be created here are doomed to failure before they are even set off from the ground. Hence why all the remaining small PvP fleets are mostly 'well known' and have alot of elder players in them. Perhaps thats the reason why non of these 'well known' fleets bother participating anymore.

Too much hate in this community.
Just a thought.

Btw, Tyler Durden as Gohan mentioned before is the best player set initiative now, even more successful then bootcamp even imo. The only good matches are probably held there these days.
Real shame really why we can't put away our differences and advance our community in one direction instead of bickering.

But on another note, Tyler Durden is the shining hope for all PVPer old and new. Just jumped out of 2 very good Tyler durden matches.

1st one losing 8-2 and we managed to win like 15-14.

Second match we won 15-9, all very close matches and good spirited, no BS consoles and alot of ppl on Team speak which helped in coordination

Funny enough before I set up the TD matches today we (A few pugs from TD/OPVP) were in a semi premade against Ad infinatum in the Pug queues and I quickly called everyone to Team speak and most of the team did, I remember Teapower was there as well. Eventually beat the Ad Inf group plus 2 pugs effectively after losing 4-0 before Teamspeak.

Pretty good to see a group come together and rush to TS to support each other, rather than get Pugstomped.

There is some decency and collectiveness in the community. We need to keep this going and keep on with the good Tyler Durden Matches.