Captain
# 31
04-01-2013, 10:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f2pdrakron View Post
I am just going to point out the B'rel pays for its enhanced Battlecloak with less hull, its not much of a question of being "overrated" but rather why grip yourself with a DHC B'rel when Hegh'ta can do about the same with 3k more hull to spare?
I imagine someone might argue that hte B'rel's turn rate being better than the Heggie might provide some motivation to try this, and to be honest, it's not as bad as trying to use a Ki'Tang in L50 play. In end-use terms, however, the B'rel really only works with a Sci, where you can make use of Science abiities like SNB, VM, PSW, etc. without having to wait the 20 second cooldown to recloak.

As a Tac bird, it's just not very good, nor is it much use in a PuG, and only marginal in Ker'rat, which is where you see them most often, because the B'rel really only shines as a support bird or minelayer, and mines are of limited use unless you can guarantee an enemy's going to be coming into them. (i.e. DPB+Tric mines are good for hammering Cubes or dropping in the spawn-point at Ker'rat to break up a spawncamping fedball or Klingon Gank, but not so good against players in the open...)
"when you're out of Birds of Prey, you're out of ships."
Captain
# 32
04-01-2013, 01:35 PM
Indeed, even the Hegh'ta is being gradually outclassed by all these shiny special ships that PvPers like to fly (Vestas, Wells, Fleet ships, etc). You end up having to get a Fleet Hoh'sus to remain competitive burst-DPS-wise, as the 4th tac console slot is useful.

BoPs are not incompetence-friendly ships. They're squishy and require some skill to truly use. You at least have to have a sense of timing and positioning in order to do the hit-and-run alphastrikes from decloak, because those can be shrugged off easily if you don't time it right.
Captain
# 33
04-01-2013, 07:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by travelingmaster View Post
Indeed, even the Hegh'ta is being gradually outclassed by all these shiny special ships that PvPers like to fly (Vestas, Wells, Fleet ships, etc). You end up having to get a Fleet Hoh'sus to remain competitive burst-DPS-wise, as the 4th tac console slot is useful.

BoPs are not incompetence-friendly ships. They're squishy and require some skill to truly use. You at least have to have a sense of timing and positioning in order to do the hit-and-run alphastrikes from decloak, because those can be shrugged off easily if you don't time it right.
And everyone thinks cloaks are overpowered. HAH!
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Captain
# 34
04-01-2013, 11:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by travelingmaster View Post

I have a toon with the Fleet Hoh'sus, but she spends her time in a Fleet Norgh instead-the ability to use DEM3 is too nice to give up, and a Hoh'sus' seating is less useful.

As for Vestas, and Wells, It 's a rare match where the Feds don't show up without one or the the other (or both), and they're always around Ker'rat, the Vesta with its trail of Advanced Danubes (tractor spam) and the Wells demonstrating why it's a lockbox, instead of C-store, ship.

Both present a considerable level of lethal hazard to any BoP, but the Vesta seems almost purpose made (thanks to the tractor-spam) for taking out B'rels, since a B'rel doing anything is revealed for 3 seconds or so, and Danube pets have faster enough reaction time to get it 3 way tractored out of cloak with sheilds down the instant it tries anything.

Which is just another reason not to take a B'rel-at least the Hegh'ta has some hull and shields, and when you're decloaking with THAT, you're not getting caught pants-down by pets with faster-than-human reaction times...
"when you're out of Birds of Prey, you're out of ships."
Captain
# 35
04-02-2013, 12:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickngo View Post
I have a toon with the Fleet Hoh'sus, but she spends her time in a Fleet Norgh instead-the ability to use DEM3 is too nice to give up, and a Hoh'sus' seating is less useful.

As for Vestas, and Wells, It 's a rare match where the Feds don't show up without one or the the other (or both), and they're always around Ker'rat, the Vesta with its trail of Advanced Danubes (tractor spam) and the Wells demonstrating why it's a lockbox, instead of C-store, ship.

Both present a considerable level of lethal hazard to any BoP, but the Vesta seems almost purpose made (thanks to the tractor-spam) for taking out B'rels, since a B'rel doing anything is revealed for 3 seconds or so, and Danube pets have faster enough reaction time to get it 3 way tractored out of cloak with sheilds down the instant it tries anything.

Which is just another reason not to take a B'rel-at least the Hegh'ta has some hull and shields, and when you're decloaking with THAT, you're not getting caught pants-down by pets with faster-than-human reaction times...
The shinies certainly make some combat difficult, including in Ker'rat, but I can still blow 'em up in my trusty ol' Hegh'ta. It's just harder to do, because they have a lot more toys to use. Still doesn't compensate for the lack of skill, and it won't compensate for my driving a figurative d'k'tagh through their hearts when I see a weakness in their defenses.