Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Lieutenant
$25 is killing it right now on such an older ship, and I really want to buy the Dreadnought cause of the history it has, but it's no where near $25 in my opinion ( or any ship for that matter ). I mean theres so many VA ships now, you can at least lower the price of the oldest VA ships.

Not sure if the Galaxy Refit was always 500, pretty sure it used to be 1K zen, but I haven't been playing much if at all, but if it had a price reduction then why not give the Galaxy-X one too?
Captain
# 2
02-18-2013, 05:28 PM
My suggestion? Forget the Galaxy-X. If you want a good cruiser, get the Excelsior-R or the Ops Odyssey.
I have bought the Galaxy-X, and it serves me well, but ever since Season 7, it has pretty much been made obsolete.

If you want a little bit more firepower, the Vesta with the Fermion field may be more your style.

And the Galaxy-Refit is not a wise use of ZEN, IMO. The antimatter spread is supposedly disliked by much of the player community because people can't handle space fireworks.
The costume does look nice though.

stardestroyer001, VA Explorers Fury | Retired STO Player
My Useful List of STO Forum Threads, Ship Builds & More! | My Forum Gripes
PvP: PvP Boot Camp, the best newbie oriented training initiative in STO!
Captain
# 3
02-18-2013, 10:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stardestroyer001 View Post
My suggestion? Forget the Galaxy-X. If you want a good cruiser, get the Excelsior-R or the Ops Odyssey.
I have bought the Galaxy-X, and it serves me well, but ever since Season 7, it has pretty much been made obsolete.

If you want a little bit more firepower, the Vesta with the Fermion field may be more your style.

And the Galaxy-Refit is not a wise use of ZEN, IMO. The antimatter spread is supposedly disliked by much of the player community because people can't handle space fireworks.
As sad as it is, you are completely right. The Odyssey is a much better cruiser, which is understandable, but the fact that the Excelsior is way superior is just a joke IMHO.

To OP:
If i where you i would save enough money to get a Fleet Assault Cruiser Refit, at least it doesn't look like a old trash can and it performs really good IMHO.

-> -> -> STO players unite and say NO to ARC <- <- <-
T6 Guardian Class design / A 25th century Ambassador refit