Career Officer
# 11
11-30-2012, 08:01 AM
I have the same question. I'm a tac in a jem ship, 2 efficient saurians and the efficient Borg BOFF so across the board except for aux I am over 50% on power. Weapons I am around 120. I'm leaning more to heals in space but not sure. Ground I think I'll move to damage. But I REALLY hate this choose once crud. I know I could post to tribble, but I never seem to be able to get a good match together there to truly test builds.
Lieutenant
# 12
11-30-2012, 04:42 PM
ive found that all the passive bonuses to skills have been much more worth it than the heals so far, almost to t-3 in both tracks and ill probably get the one that slows borg adaptation in omega t-3 and im still unsure about the rommie t-3 skill
Career Officer
# 13
12-01-2012, 01:27 PM
I just hit tier 3 omega and decided to go with the passive regenerative shields as it gives me + 46.1 hit points to shields every second no matter whom I'm fighting. Where as the rotating weapon frequency is only good if your fighting borg.

When I hit tier 3 Romulan I will go for the reactive shielding as I don't feel it necessary with the other ability to have a chance to knock back my enemy.

#It'sJustaGameAndAFreeOneAtThat!
Come Visit the 44th Fleet

Last edited by saltypineapple; 12-01-2012 at 01:30 PM.
Career Officer
# 14
12-01-2012, 05:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltypineapple View Post
I just hit tier 3 omega and decided to go with the passive regenerative shields as it gives me + 46.1 hit points to shields every second no matter whom I'm fighting. Where as the rotating weapon frequency is only good if your fighting borg.

When I hit tier 3 Romulan I will go for the reactive shielding as I don't feel it necessary with the other ability to have a chance to knock back my enemy.
same logic here...
my new saying is "cryptic made me do it" in lieu of the the "devil"
Member since January 2010. I AM NOT A PWE FAN!!!!
Captain
# 15
12-02-2012, 02:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltypineapple View Post

That's kinda what I was thinking... shields don't get much better than that, and only one of my characters has ANY shield healing ability whatsoever (2 of them if you count the fact that another alt has a full MACO XI set), and those aren't much good either.

Can't remember T3 Romulan off the top of my head, but wasn't that a chance at getting a shield heal if you get hit by a crit?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, lovely, I can't even requote the Douglas Adams quote I used to have here I WANT IT BACK!!!!
Dalo Lorn
DaloLorn, StarCraft 2 Roleplayer and proud of it.
Career Officer
# 16
12-02-2012, 03:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalolorn View Post
Can't remember T3 Romulan off the top of my head, but wasn't that a chance at getting a shield heal if you get hit by a crit?
Yup 50% chance to get 25% of your shields.

#It'sJustaGameAndAFreeOneAtThat!
Come Visit the 44th Fleet
Commander
# 17
12-02-2012, 03:54 AM
Quote:
How come mine says 4.9 shield points per sec? I did noticed that at some point after rep system was introduced it did said 53 shield points per sec on my fed and 83 shield points per sec on my kdf char (was thinking its really good), but after i reached tier 2 i looked again and it was 4.9 per sec. If it was nerfed somehow then the 4.9 is really insignificant, i had 7.6 shield regen over 4 sec from jem hadar ground armor for some time till i got maco/omega sets and it didnt feel at all. If thats the case, as an omega ground set fan i'll go probably for rotating weapon frequency since i want to use my omega autocarbine for more then just 1-2 burts until borg adapts to it and for romulan tier 3 i'll go for knock back skill since as a tac i got a good crit chance, i am using a pulsewave as secondary wep (might go for a plasma flame thrower al later tiers ) and an enemy on the floor/ground is a non-firing enemy so less damage taken, even if its for 2-3 secs.
Wish we could test this skills on Trible test server, but when i copy my char there the rep system resets, goes to tier 0 and it doesnt seems to be any fix for this bug any time soon

Last edited by mosul33; 12-02-2012 at 03:58 AM.
Captain
# 18
12-03-2012, 09:17 AM
You're confusing ground and space shield regen. The T3 is purely a ground regen, hence the smallish number (it's about 4-5 per second depending on skills and equipment). The kicker is that when you're in space, that regen will scale with your ship shields, showing a huge number

Ditto for the T4 regen while you're on the ground, showing a number scaled to your ground shield.
Lieutenant
# 19
12-20-2012, 12:13 PM
well now im at t-4 and with the expected nerf to the shield heal in the onega track im severely torn between that and the kinetic proc.... anyone have the kinetic proc and can shed some light on its usefulness?
Captain
# 20
12-20-2012, 12:16 PM
To be honest, given that I expect even more tweaks to various rep abilities in the coming weeks, you may be better off just waiting to see what happens since Cryptic is too greedy to give people who get screwed over by system changes free respecs.